Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Taiwan Jones?!

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Taiwan Jones?!

I saw on ProFootballTalk that he is slated to start. Anyone hear anything about this?! I had assumed Reece was taking over.

Murphys Law is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Taiwan Jones?!

Oh sh!t. This won't be good. Jones is terrible.

DSOTM is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by AL 9000 View Post
    I saw on ProFootballTalk that he is slated to start. Anyone hear anything about this?! I had assumed Reece was taking over.
    Who would take over for Reece then, we dont have a second Fb on the roster?

Supreme is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    I think once he gets some carries under his belt and get that nervousness out him he will be fine. Reece should start at HB Sunday and Jones should spell him whenever.

2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by DSOTM View Post
    Who would take over for Reece then, we dont have a second Fb on the roster?
    Schmitt
    PIRATE GUY I'M IN
    2014 OAKLAND RAIDERS: BUILDING THE FUTURE ONE PIECE AT A TIME

"Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon." John Madden
    Join our Social Group: House of Thrills Tailgating Crew. Post your pics. Tell us your experiences.
    http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/groups/house-thrills-tailgating-crew.html

Starter
    Taiwan Jones is made for the ZBS and he was ballin when I saw him in training camp. He can't be much worse than how we've done so far this season, and it doesn't matter that much cuz Palmer will be throwing 60 times.
    Rudimus, Raider Ran and Rebellion like this.

DSOTM is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider Ran View Post
    Schmitt
    I would rather keep Reece at Fb.

jaehow is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    I've been curious to see him play...I know he had a few flashes last year and in the pre season...but then he had a bad game earlier this season. His name is too smooth, though lol...its made for the highlights.

Hall of Famer
    Its funny how Jones goes from being fan favorite with a good preseason in his rookie year and this year. He gets hurt and has a couple of fumbles and now is a bum. Remember, he had beat out Goodson for the backup role this year and then got hurt. Baltimore is a tough first start for him but, if he has a good game, I would bet all the negative sentiment about his disappears.

Furthermore, if he does well it feeds to the argument that McFadden either doesn't have it anymore or lacks the vision for the ZBS. Personally, I don't think he has the every down makeup for a RB but, you could make the same case for Charles with KC. To me, that certainly doesn't make Charles any less of a player. I would be happy to see Jones finally getting his chance so it can be decided if he has a future in Oakland.

Finally, I think these last 8 games will determine DMC's long term future with the team. If he misses an extended amount of games, I think Reggie will look for a more durable replacement. I also think if he continues to be ineffective other options with be explored.
    Mr. Auburn Tiger....turned Oakland Raider backup plan after our savior turned out to be what we should have expected him to be.

Jason "Check Down" Campbell

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphys Law View Post
    Oh sh!t. This won't be good. Jones is terrible.
    I'm actually curious to see what he does with the opportunity. Fingers crossed!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksown View Post
    Taiwan Jones is made for the ZBS and he was ballin when I saw him in training camp.
    Cool, sounds goo....oh, wait. That was against the Raider D though, wasn't it.
    Chiefhater likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by pete_gas21 View Post
    Its funny how Jones goes from being fan favorite with a good preseason in his rookie year and this year. He gets hurt and has a couple of fumbles and now is a bum. Remember, he had beat out Goodson for the backup role this year and then got hurt. Baltimore is a tough first start for him but, if he has a good game, I would bet all the negative sentiment about his disappears.

Furthermore, if he does well it feeds to the argument that McFadden either doesn't have it anymore or lacks the vision for the ZBS. Personally, I don't think he has the every down makeup for a RB but, you could make the same case for Charles with KC. To me, that certainly doesn't make Charles any less of a player. I would be happy to see Jones finally getting his chance so it can be decided if he has a future in Oakland.

Finally, I think these last 8 games will determine DMC's long term future with the team. If he misses an extended amount of games, I think Reggie will look for a more durable replacement. I also think if he continues to be ineffective other options with be explored.
    I think you are right on the money.

DSOTM is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    No harm in starting him, lets see what the kid can do. If Dmc's injury is like all his past injuries he wont be back this yr. Jones has 1/2 a season to prove he is starting material which could spell the end of Dmc's Raider career.

DSOTM is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    To be honest i am done with Dmc and hope he is done as a Raider. How long must a fan remain a fan of a player when he is hurt every single year, every yr i keep telling myself that this is Dmc yr but it never is his yr.

Ive been making excuse to myself ever since the Sb loss, im done with excuses. If he cant stay healthy its time to move on.

Im willing to bet my left nut that Dmc is not in Reggies plans next yr, im willing to bet my other nut that Reggie has already made up his mind
    Jiu Jitsu Jon likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by DSOTM View Post
    To be honest i am done with Dmc and hope he is done as a Raider. How long must a fan remain a fan of a player when he is hurt every single year, every yr i keep telling myself that this is Dmc yr but it never is his yr.

Ive been making excuse to myself ever since the Sb loss, im done with excuses. If he cant stay healthy its time to move on.

Im willing to bet my left nut that Dmc is not in Reggies plans next yr, im willing to bet my other nut that Reggie has already made up his mind
    Not defending the injury issues whatsoever but, you gotta think Reggie is like the rest of us and wonders if its the scheme change or if McFadden lost a step.
    raidernationbmw likes this.
    Mr. Auburn Tiger....turned Oakland Raider backup plan after our savior turned out to be what we should have expected him to be.

Jason "Check Down" Campbell

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information