Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Taiwan Jones?!

truepirate1966 is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DSOTM View Post
    To be honest i am done with Dmc and hope he is done as a Raider. How long must a fan remain a fan of a player when he is hurt every single year, every yr i keep telling myself that this is Dmc yr but it never is his yr.

Ive been making excuse to myself ever since the Sb loss, im done with excuses. If he cant stay healthy its time to move on.

Im willing to bet my left nut that Dmc is not in Reggies plans next yr, im willing to bet my other nut that Reggie has already made up his mind
    Wow dude, that's a ballzy move, betting both of your nuts, for your sake I hope your wright.
    Rebellion likes this.

DSOTM is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by truepirate1966 View Post
    Wow dude, that's a ballzy move, betting both of your nuts, for your sake I hope your wright.
    im married with 3 kids, i lost my balls yrs ago tbh lol
    kinz, Chewy316, MikeD and 5 others like this.

Hall of Famer
    I like Dmac, but with him out it emphasizes that each player has to do his job - they can't wait for the superstar back to break out of his funk on his own. They have to execute their blocks because they know they don't have anyone who's done it before back there. In game planning, it doesn't mean the Raiders will abandon the run, but they will have to pass to set up the run, instead of running to set up the pass (which wasn't working anyway).

Maybe, in a weird way, gameplanning will be easier.

One challenge for the Raiders is that their starting FB and their starting TE are both poor run blockers..... yet it's tough to play better run blockers in those spots because the threat of the pass to both those players helps to keep defenses honest.

truepirate1966 is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Blog Entries

I hear ya man. I also think your wright about DMC likely being gone next year, unless they can bring him back much cheaper as part of a running back by comity.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by chucker View Post
    I like Dmac, but with him out it emphasizes that each player has to do his job - they can't wait for the superstar back to break out of his funk on his own. They have to execute their blocks because they know they don't have anyone who's done it before back there. In game planning, it doesn't mean the Raiders will abandon the run, but they will have to pass to set up the run, instead of running to set up the pass (which wasn't working anyway).

Maybe, in a weird way, gameplanning will be easier.

One challenge for the Raiders is that their starting FB and their starting TE are both poor run blockers..... yet it's tough to play better run blockers in those spots because the threat of the pass to both those players helps to keep defenses honest.
    I agree with most of what you said except Reece and Myers blocked for DMC the past two years and he did fine. Its either scheme or he doesn't have it anymore. Million dollar question that the staff hasn't figured out yet.
    Mr. Auburn Tiger....turned Oakland Raider backup plan after our savior turned out to be what we should have expected him to be.

Jason "Check Down" Campbell

defiance is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphys Law View Post
    Oh sh!t. This won't be good. Jones is terrible.

Anyone runnin against these fools is gunna have to work for it and Jones hmmm... hes actually a decent fit atm to run this sad scheme just enough to keep them on toes so it will open up middle.... just dont wannbe predictable n go all no huddle again lol.... Jones has been hampered of late n we dont even let em lace shoes before we give em chance, I hope they feed em ball tbh

Hall of Famer
    So let me get this straight, you're betting balls you don't have?
    Rebellion likes this.
    Mr. Auburn Tiger....turned Oakland Raider backup plan after our savior turned out to be what we should have expected him to be.

Pro Bowler
    Blog Entries
    This is just what the Raiders need! Say Jones balls out, and we establish a run game. This is what the Raiders need to get the season jump started. If we find something in him then this season isn't over yet!
    "Iím going to make sure wherever I go and whoever Iím with, Iím going to outwork them.Ē -- Sio Moore

DSOTM is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by pete_gas21 View Post
    Not defending the injury issues whatsoever but, you gotta think Reggie is like the rest of us and wonders if its the scheme change or if McFadden lost a step.
    Maybe it is the scheme maybe it isnt but the fact is this guy can not stay healthy for a entire season.

Even if Knapp gets fired and the Raiders go back to the PBS would you want to take yet another chance on Dmc staying healthy?

Most of us agree that this is roughly a 3yr rebuilding project, in 3yrs Dmc will have been around for 8yrs and be 28/29 yrs old. If he cant stay healthy now how fragile will he be when he is on the dorr step of 30 yrs old?

Im not hating on Dmc, i would have loved to see Dmc bang out a few 1500 + yard seasons with 15 - 20 Tds a yr but lets be honest that is not going to happen
    foodisgood70 likes this.

BigPrimo is offline Banned
    All-Pro
    If we don't get Reece involved early and often in this game I swear the coaches will not hear the end of it from me.
    AL 9000 likes this.

DSOTM is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by pete_gas21 View Post
    So let me get this straight, you're betting balls you don't have?
    Physically have balls, mentally my wife and kids crushed them yrs ago. All my kids are girls, dogs are girls, and i have a granddaughter at the age of 37.

DSOTM is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPrimo View Post
    If we don't get Reece involved early and often in this game I swear the coaches will not hear the end of it from me.
    What are you going to do? You going to come hear and make nasty threads and posts about the coaches?
    Chewy316 likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Maybe it is the scheme maybe it isnt but the fact is this guy can not stay healthy for a entire season.

Even if Knapp gets fired and the Raiders go back to the PBS would you want to take yet another chance on Dmc staying healthy?

Most of us agree that this is roughly a 3yr rebuilding project, in 3yrs Dmc will have been around for 8yrs and be 28/29 yrs old. If he cant stay healthy now how fragile will he be when he is on the dorr step of 30 yrs old?

Im not hating on Dmc, i would have loved to see Dmc bang out a few 1500 + yard seasons with 15 - 20 Tds a yr but lets be honest that is not going to happen
    I completely agree. I want to live in denial about the injuries but, its become pretty obvious that they are too big of a liability not to address. Not having Bush around anymore just magnifies the situation.

Sadly, RBs aren't the most difficult position to replace either. They can be had a much cheaper price too.

Hall of Famer
    Physically have balls, mentally my wife and kids crushed them yrs ago. All my kids are girls, dogs are girls, and i have a granddaughter at the age of 37.
    Ha ha, I was just playing. I'm married too with two kids...Sigh. I have revoked ball syndrome as well.
    DSOTM likes this.

BigPrimo is offline Banned
    All-Pro
    What are you going to do? You going to come hear and make nasty threads and posts about the coaches?
    I swear some of you will never find any fault with the coaches until we have 22 pro bowlers on this team and only then if we struggle will some of you say "hmmm maybe its the coaches after all"

But i'm pretty sure you understand what I meant...

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information