Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Chekwa

Nnamdi 21 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Chekwa

I know this might get annoying to some board member but with huff moving the cb and struggling at times, why haven't we called up Chekwa from the practice squad, is he still on the ps?

I just ask because I was really starting to like him past year, thought he played pretty good until he got injured

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnamdi 21 View Post
    I know this might get annoying to some board member but with huff moving the cb and struggling at times, why haven't we called up Chekwa from the practice squad, is he still on the ps?

I just ask because I was really starting to like him past year, thought he played pretty good until he got injured
    I've been wondering the same thing. We obviously need help at the position, why not let him have a few reps and see how he does..

All-Pro
    Ya I also have been wondering the same thing. On a side note I still wish we wouldn't of givin up on DVD so far. Don't get me wrong he wasn't a shutdown corner and I am not trying to say that he was. But I don't think he could hurt us. But o well, as he isn't here anymore.

Hall of Famer
    It's not like there's a conspiracy to bury the kid. The simple truth is the coaching staff feels he's not ready and not better than the guys ahead of him. None of us see him in practice everyday and just because he had a few decent appearances last year in Al's defense doesn't mean he's adapted we'll to Tarver's.
    Chewy316 and LaRaider2010 like this.

RickyRich is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    cuz he is on he raiders practice squad and not green bays! reggie wants "his guys"..

Hall of Famer
    Huff has played CB better than Chekwa did.
    mike taylor likes this.

xcraider37 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    We all need to stop falling on love with Al's old draft picks. There are reasons they are not playing, they suck, Mitchell, chekwa need to go.
    agular9 likes this.

Hall of Famer
    didn't he get cut from the ps a while back?

Hall of Famer
    This is just a guess... but he just might be on the PS because his salary would count against the cap immediately if the Raiders would have cut him. Putting him on the PS makes him available to the 31 teams... where it could be possible to offload him without a hit. If anybody knows the exact ramifications, please feel free to correct me.

corleone is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyRich View Post
    cuz he is on he raiders practice squad and not green bays! reggie wants "his guys"..
    I think I'd rather have Green Bay's players as well.
    HITMAN, Chewy316 and heavyD like this.

BVJ
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mytruckhercar View Post
    This is just a guess... but he just might be on the PS because his salary would count against the cap immediately if the Raiders would have cut him. Putting him on the PS makes him available to the 31 teams... where it could be possible to offload him without a hit. If anybody knows the exact ramifications, please feel free to correct me.
    A 4th round pick' salary cap isn't exactly a huge hit, especially post rookie salary cap, so I highly doubt that.

I think if Chekwa was as good as raiderfans.net he would have been activated, and I personally trust McZ and the rest of scouting department more than raiderfans.net.
    LaRaider2010 likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mytruckhercar View Post
    First, his salary and guaranteed money is so low that it is insignificant. Second, in order to put someone on the practice squad you have to first release him - so any potential cap hit would trigger at that time and releasing him from the practice squad would have no further cap implications.

He's on the PS simply because they like his future potential enough to hang onto him, but don't like his current production enough to play him.

If he had shown enough last year to justify a roster spot then somebody would have claimed him off the PS - any team can claim him if they are willing to give him a spot on the 53 man roster for 3 games (the Raiders can override that claim by putting him on their active roster).
    Chewy316 and LaRaider2010 like this.

or24 is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board

Chekwa

I just remember Welker embarrassing him. Not surprised he hasn't seen any action.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by or24 View Post
    I just remember Welker embarrassing him. Not surprised he hasn't seen any action.
    Welker had made plenty of CBs look bad no reason to give up on a kid.
    Idaraider! likes this.

mike taylor is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    wtf huff is playing exceptionally well considering his situation! he had one bad game, after 3 straight weeks of playing solid... it's gonna happen!
    Idaraider! and 0utlaw like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information