Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Positives from Sundays Game

Hall of Famer

Positives from Sundays Game

That was hard to watch. We almost pulled it off but lets focus on the positives.

I thought our WRs looked great out there, all of em.
    Brandon caught the ball well.
    Dmoore is Dmoore.
    Rookie Streater looks really smooth, best hands/catch radius on the team and will only get better.
    DHB had a few clutch catches and one really nice catch but man is it me or does this guy look a lot faster out there this year? I noticed it early in the season but this game it really shows up on his deep catch, DHB looks like hes gliding past opposing CBs. Hes definitely not as smooth as our other receivers but he does bring a different more physical fast type of game. His determination to be the best has gotten him better and better every year. Glad to have him.
    Reece - The fans know what we have in him. Hes awesome. Love the guy. maybe we should just switch him to halfback permanently and rotate him and DMAC (when he heals).

Carson palmer played pretty well. I might get some flack for this but this guy single handedly got us back in the game and in position to win. The interceptions late in the game were unfortunate but I can't blame this loss on him. If our offense is going to be open, explosive, and continuously taking shots downfield then we have to expect interceptions. It really hurts to see how explosive we can be but not utilize our best weapons properly and EARLY. I think just a week of practice changing to a pass first offense rather then a run first offense would do wonders. Its obvious to me that, most of the time (not all the time), when we need to score points...like just before the half....or in the 4th qtr, we are able to. With DMAC injured it would be great to see this offense move towards a passing O with Reece in the back field.

Defense - they have potential but they play flat alot. The defense played well the first half but what is it about coming out in the 3rd qtr and laying down?? hard to figure out.

Dennis Allen - After the game he was asked how well he knew his team after 8 games. His reply "Every day we’re learning a little bit more about this team. That evaluation takes time. It’s a process. But I feel like I know this team a lot better than when I first got here. " All I can ask for in a new head coach is to learn/know his players and implement what he believes is best for us to win. Hopefully he can learn, adapt, and change. I know some of you are married to the ZBS but I would rather have something that works.

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Positives from Sundays Game

DHB's one handed bomb catch was awesome.
    Chewy316 and Godinez84 like this.

WTG
    WTG is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Given what we have, we desperately needed Desmond Bryant. The guy comes in and can rotate both positions played by Kelly and Seymour to let them rest. Age has caught up to Seymour and well...Kelly lacks endurance.

Raiders Baby! is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    The biggest positive I took away from Sunday's game is we never quit fighting. I was at the game and was really debating leaving in the third quarter down 35-17 but we rallied hard and brought it within 3. Granted, they ended up lopping another TD on to seal the game, but many Raider teams between 2002-2012 would've flat out quit at 35-17 and we would've gotten steamrolled the rest of the game...something like 45-17. We fought hard and didn't give in until the last whistle, even when things looked bleak. I wish we had played better and secured the win, but I liked the fire I saw from this team in the 4th quarter.
    cheapshotartist and Godinez84 like this.

18uk_raider is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    We scored 32 points....... If we score 32 points every game we'll win more games than we lose.

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    We scored in eight consecutive games 2:00 to halftime
    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

oaklandheat is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi18 View Post
    We scored in eight consecutive games 2:00 to halftime
    interesting, didnt know that...thanks Jimi!
    Jimi18 and Godinez84 like this.

mexicanraider is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTG View Post
    Given what we have, we desperately needed Desmond Bryant. The guy comes in and can rotate both positions played by Kelly and Seymour to let them rest. Age has caught up to Seymour and well...Kelly lacks endurance.
    I think this was one of the keys to the game. Bryant left to the hospital at the beginning of the 3rd qt, and that's when we get steamrolled for 200+ yards. Martin was held on check for all the first half.

That plus what Romo said on the postgame. Have a different gameplan! The O has already seen your looks, change them completely for the 2nd half, so they can't adjust.
    Godinez84 likes this.

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by oaklandheat View Post
    interesting, didnt know that...thanks Jimi!
    can't remember if it was the TV guys, or PaPa since i listen and watch live stream, but they stated it when there was like 3-4 mins left, and we got the ball back
    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by lix333 View Post
    That was hard to watch. We almost pulled it off but lets focus on the positives.

I thought our WRs looked great out there, all of em.
    Brandon caught the ball well.
    Dmoore is Dmoore.
    Rookie Streater looks really smooth, best hands/catch radius on the team and will only get better.
    DHB had a few clutch catches and one really nice catch but man is it me or does this guy look a lot faster out there this year? I noticed it early in the season but this game it really shows up on his deep catch, DHB looks like hes gliding past opposing CBs. Hes definitely not as smooth as our other receivers but he does bring a different more physical fast type of game. His determination to be the best has gotten him better and better every year. Glad to have him.
    Reece - The fans know what we have in him. Hes awesome. Love the guy. maybe we should just switch him to halfback permanently and rotate him and DMAC (when he heals).

Carson palmer played pretty well. I might get some flack for this but this guy single handedly got us back in the game and in position to win. The interceptions late in the game were unfortunate but I can't blame this loss on him. If our offense is going to be open, explosive, and continuously taking shots downfield then we have to expect interceptions. It really hurts to see how explosive we can be but not utilize our best weapons properly and EARLY. I think just a week of practice changing to a pass first offense rather then a run first offense would do wonders. Its obvious to me that, most of the time (not all the time), when we need to score points...like just before the half....or in the 4th qtr, we are able to. With DMAC injured it would be great to see this offense move towards a passing O with Reece in the back field.

Defense - they have potential but they play flat alot. The defense played well the first half but what is it about coming out in the 3rd qtr and laying down?? hard to figure out.

Dennis Allen - After the game he was asked how well he knew his team after 8 games. His reply "Every day we’re learning a little bit more about this team. That evaluation takes time. It’s a process. But I feel like I know this team a lot better than when I first got here. " All I can ask for in a new head coach is to learn/know his players and implement what he believes is best for us to win. Hopefully he can learn, adapt, and change. I know some of you are married to the ZBS but I would rather have something that works.
    Only thing I disagree with is the WR take. Yeah they looked very good AT TIMES. I'm still waiting for someone to step up and emerge as a true #1.

Dayg0stylz is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    I love that we were throwing the ball down field more. Al would have been proud

Chairman of the Board
    Reece!
    foodisgood70 likes this.
    Go Raiders.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayg0stylz View Post
    I love that we were throwing the ball down field more. Al would have been proud
    yes. I hope we can open up this offense and just let it go.

cheapshotartist is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders Baby! View Post
    The biggest positive I took away from Sunday's game is we never quit fighting.
    WORD!

ismail86 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Is it just me or does Moore drop a lot of passes?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information