Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Greg Knapp Is No Hue Jackson + Video of 9-12 Allen Wednesday Presser

  1. #1
    Artois's Avatar
    Artois is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orinda
    Posts
    1,838

    Post Greg Knapp Is No Hue Jackson + Video of 9-12 Allen Wednesday Presser

    9-12 Raiders coach Dennis Allen Wednesday presser:
    <iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r0eWCxJcnAo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

    Greg Knapp Is No Hue Jackson - Just Blog Baby - An Oakland Raiders Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.


    Greg Knapp Is No Hue Jackson
    Sep 12th, 2012 at 8:33 pm by Chris Shellcroft

    Greg Knapp is no Hue Jackson. Not by a longshot. Jackson turned Oakland’s inept offense into a budding juggernaut. Knapp has taken that same sleeping giant and given it ******.

    Why we expected anything different from Knapp’s return to the Raiders is beyond me. Chalk that up to a combination of offseason excitement and pure boredom. Just because dude was calling plays for an offense in Houston that featured an elite level running back and receiver plus a capable QB doesn’t mean he was some kind of offensive wiz. Last time around Tom Cable replaced Knapp as Oakland’s play caller and things improved. That about says it all.

    There are Korean soap operas that are more exciting to watch than Knapp’s offense. His play calling is as creative as Kim Kardashian and as predictable as the outcome of a Jennifer Lopez marriage.

    Now I fully realize that Jackson was not head coach material. He more than proved that by throwing his entire team under the bus as soon as last season ended. But as an offensive mind and a play caller Jackson was crafty, creative and ****y. Yes, a little swagger can go a long way.

    Through the design of Jackson and the guidance of Al Saunders Oakland’s offense became explosive over night. Jackson helped turn Darren McFadden into a potential MVP candidate. Thus far Knapp is on a mission to turn Run DMC into the new Crash Test Dummy aka Justin Fargas. Lane Kiffin ran Fargas into the ground. Leave it to Knapp and he’ll do the same to McFadden be it on the ground, through the air if not both.

    Between Al Saunders and Jackson the Raiders had an offense that was well on its way to the upper echelon of the NFL. Under Knapp the Oakland O is on its way back down to the level he left it out on his way out of The Bay. We’re all preaching patience with this new regime but Knapp has worn thin on Raider Nation no thanks to his first stint and now he’s not helping his cause at all. Never thought I’d say this but the Raiders really do miss Hue Jackson the coordinator. Jackson the head coach? Not so much.




    Greg Knapp Is No Hue Jackson - Just Blog Baby - An Oakland Raiders Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.
    -Tenebrous- likes this.
    John Madden: How is Carr going to do on the road? How is he going to do against a Rex Ryan defense that’s going to show him everything that you can show him? He’s going to be tested a lot more than he was tested in that first quarter of the fourth preseason game… It’s going to take time. He’s going to have to see everything and experience everything. Believe me, they’re going to throw it at him.

  2. #2
    RaiderEric is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    293
    Greg Knapp MUST GO NOW!!!!! Whether he does or not is not the issue. He has NEVER done anything in this league to warrant a job!!!


  3. #3
    heavyD's Avatar
    heavyD is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    4,184
    I totally agree. No indications of Allen having knife wounds in his back. Greg Knapp is definitely no Hue Jackson.
    RaiderEric, kinz, Artois and 1 others like this.

  4. #4
    AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,735

    Greg Knapp Is No Hue Jackson + Video of 9-12 Allen Wednesday Presser

    Fire Knapp and promote Saunders. Problems solved.

  5. #5
    Naphtali is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,588
    How dare you, Greg Knapp demands respect!!
    vlcsnap-2012-07-22-22h34m47s105.png
    vlcsnap-2012-07-22-22h39m10s47.png
    vlcsnap-2012-07-22-22h39m57s29.png
    Greg KNapp has been one of the leagues top offensive mind for years...hes an offensive machine
    Knappgraph-1.jpg

  6. #6
    RaiderInSD21's Avatar
    RaiderInSD21 is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    5,585
    Quote Originally Posted by AL 9000 View Post
    Fire Knapp and promote Saunders. Problems solved.
    If only it were this easy!!!
    Rainman56 likes this.

  7. #7
    SF Mikey's Avatar
    SF Mikey is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,523
    Quote Originally Posted by AL 9000 View Post
    Fire Knapp and promote Saunders. Problems solved.
    I think all the knee jerk reaction to the offense struggling and all those calling for the firing of Knapp after one regular season is ridiculous! It takes time to implement a new system and I have faith that the team will settle into the new ZBS over time and that Knapp will fine tune / tweak the system to fit the talent of his play makers. A case in point is that a lot of people were concerned with Palmer's immobility to fit Knapp's system but I didn't see any issues from Monday night in those regards. Let's all reserve judgement until the Raiders get Moore and Criner healthy (maybe they'll bring in a veteran WR and/or TE as well).
    ShadowRage41 likes this.

  8. #8
    cheapshotartist's Avatar
    cheapshotartist is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oaktown
    Posts
    28,648
    Your right Knapp is not the assistant to the assistant ball boy that's Hue's job now with the Bengals. Stop blaming Knapp for our lack of talent, you can't train a Mule to win the Kentucky Derby.
    Last edited by cheapshotartist; 09-13-2012 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Grammer

  9. #9
    BEEFLVDNIPPLES's Avatar
    BEEFLVDNIPPLES is online now
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    923
    I stopped reading when it was said "just because dude was calling plays for an offense in Houston..." Not sure why so many people keep implying that it was Knapp's offense or that he called plays. He was the damn QB coach -- that is it.

    I'm not even a Knapp fan and wish he wasn't our OC, but man, don't people get their facts straight before writing up articles???

  10. #10
    Evil Empire is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,741
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Mikey View Post
    I think all the knee jerk reaction to the offense struggling and all those calling for the firing of Knapp after one regular season is ridiculous! It takes time to implement a new system and I have faith that the team will settle into the new ZBS over time and that Knapp will fine tune / tweak the system to fit the talent of his play makers. A case in point is that a lot of people were concerned with Palmer's immobility to fit Knapp's system but I didn't see any issues from Monday night in those regards. Let's all reserve judgement until the Raiders get Moore and Criner healthy (maybe they'll bring in a veteran WR and/or TE as well).
    I agree to an extent, but the problem is what he is running does not fit the personnel, so even it if does improve, which it, should, it still won't be nearly as effective as the system in place the first half of last year.

  11. #11
    speedkills's Avatar
    speedkills is offline
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    16,594
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    Your right Knapp is not the assistant to the assistant ball that's Hue's job with the Bengals. Stop blaming Knapp for our lack of talent, you can't train a Mule to win the Kentucky Derby.
    meh we actually have okay talent on the offensive side the ball we just nheed to be healthy like everyone else in the league. You are talking about a potential top 10 qb in Palmer, top 3 rb in mcfadden and a solid WR core (we did pass for 4100 yards last year) when healthy.The oline was very good last year with bob wylie . I can give knapp a pass week one, cause well it was week one and we didnt have two of our top WRs and C. However, this offense should be at least mid tier and borderline top 10 with the personal on board.

    Talent is not the raiders problem, the starters I would consider in the top half of the league (outside of corner) at most positions. The problem is coaching and depth or lack of .
    pointi and DarkSpartan like this.
    "Darth Vader is a punk compared to Al Davis," Hunter S Thompson

  12. #12
    speedkills's Avatar
    speedkills is offline
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    16,594
    Blog Entries
    2
    by the way Jacksons Offense scored 29 points his first two games in 2010 why not be a bit patient
    "Darth Vader is a punk compared to Al Davis," Hunter S Thompson

  13. #13
    cheapshotartist's Avatar
    cheapshotartist is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oaktown
    Posts
    28,648
    Quote Originally Posted by BEEFLVDNIPPLES View Post
    don't people get their facts straight before writing up articles???
    Facts? Facts? Who needs facts when you can twist sh!t anyway you want to to prove your point.


    Quote Originally Posted by speedkills View Post
    Talent is not the raiders problem, the starters I would consider in the top half of the league (outside of corner) at most positions. The problem is coaching and depth or lack of .
    And you know this after one game?

  14. #14
    MadBomber24's Avatar
    MadBomber24 is offline
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    13,601
    Quote Originally Posted by speedkills View Post
    meh we actually have okay talent on the offensive side the ball we just nheed to be healthy like everyone else in the league. You are talking about a potential top 10 qb in Palmer, top 3 rb in mcfadden and a solid WR core (we did pass for 4100 yards last year) when healthy.The oline was very good last year with bob wylie . I can give knapp a pass week one, cause well it was week one and we didnt have two of our top WRs and C. However, this offense should be at least mid tier and borderline top 10 with the personal on board.

    Talent is not the raiders problem, the starters I would consider in the top half of the league (outside of corner) at most positions. The problem is coaching and depth or lack of .
    We threw for almost 300 yards on Monday so we are on pace to throw for more yards this year. But I guess knapp has made us worse because of that. Same stats with different coaches and schemes, hmmmm. Doesn't sound like we dropped off much. What hasn't changed is same players makin the same mistakes that kill drives.

    Oh and a convenient fact that everyone seems to forget. Saunders (according to DA) is heavily involved in the passing game. Not sure but didn't he call Saunders the passing game coordinator? I thought I saw that somewhere.

  15. #15
    LINQ's Avatar
    LINQ is offline
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North Bay
    Posts
    18,572
    Quote Originally Posted by BEEFLVDNIPPLES View Post
    I stopped reading when it was said "just because dude was calling plays for an offense in Houston..." Not sure why so many people keep implying that it was Knapp's offense or that he called plays. He was the damn QB coach -- that is it.

    I'm not even a Knapp fan and wish he wasn't our OC, but man, don't people get their facts straight before writing up articles???
    Tuesday morning I was listening to 95.7, and one of the commentators was saying "I don't know what's up with these fans, they're out to crucify Knapp and blame him for everything. Look, he's a proven coordinator. His offense in Houston was top 10 last year."

    I've never called in to a radio station, but I almost did it just for this. For the last time, KNAPP WAS NOT THE OC IN HOUSTON. HE WAS THE DAMN QB COACH. IT WAS NOT HIS OFFENSE.

    You would think a guy paid to talk on a radio station would know this. For example, I know the Niners pretty well, but I don't know all of their coordinators, I can't name every guy on the O/D line and their backups like I can with the Raiders. If I were hired by that station tomorrow, and I had to talk Niners, I'd be up ALL night studying who is who and where they come from. I mean you're freakin' paid to know this stuff. How do you repeatedly get it wrong?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •