Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Anybody notice the shot Tim Brown took at Marcus Allen?

Veteran
    Brown I think singed that offer sheet with Denver after the 94 season. Al matched .
    Motel Money Murder Madness, Change the Mood from Glad to Sadness......Mr.Mojorising rising rising....

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by paul0660 View Post
    Having been kept on the sidelines, and badmouthed by Al, including allegations of adultery without proof, Marcus would have gone in as a Brown if he only played for them for a week, to avoid giving Al the chance to speak at the HOF. There are a lot of Bad Al examples, I think the way he hung Allen out to dry (and cost the team money and wins as well) was the worst.

MA is one of the most amazing HOFamers. He was sandbagged by his boss for 7 years, and still made it. On any other team, he is in Payton and Smith territory.
    I don't recall any quotes from Al himself on that, just others speculating. Funny how whenever the topic comes up during interviews with Allen, he says he has no idea at all why Al had issues with him, except that maybe he took the spotlight away from him, and he maybe didn't like that. I call BS!
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeinrichmond View Post
    I just hope the Raiders win a superbowl before the return of Jesus. All I can do is hope.
    "Davis was one of the greatest coaches I have ever observed... A truly great coach. Had he remained in coaching, he would be considered one of the greatest of all time". - Bill Walsh

Evil Empire is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer

You are preaching to the choir.

Having been kept on the sidelines, and badmouthed by Al, including allegations of adultery without proof, Marcus would have gone in as a Brown if he only played for them for a week, to avoid giving Al the chance to speak at the HOF. There are a lot of Bad Al examples, I think the way he hung Allen out to dry (and cost the team money and wins as well) was the worst.

MA is one of the most amazing HOFamers. He was sandbagged by his boss for 7 years, and still made it. On any other team, he is in Payton and Smith territory.
    I'm well aware of what happened, I'm just point out that he did not go in as a Raider.

2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    I did not hear it but Marcus Allen wore a Chief jersey at his HOF induction if I am not mistaken. Tim and Marcus are pretty good friends. It was just a joke I am pretty sure. I have some friends that hosted Marcus and Terrell Davis at his house and they to a person said Davis was way more cool than Marcus in fact they said Marcus was an ahole.
    Idaraider! likes this.
    PIRATE GUY I'M IN
    2014 OAKLAND RAIDERS: BUILDING THE FUTURE ONE PIECE AT A TIME

"Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon." John Madden
    Join our Social Group: House of Thrills Tailgating Crew. Post your pics. Tell us your experiences.
    http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/groups/house-thrills-tailgating-crew.html

Hall of Famer
    Marcus was a great RB. I don't care who he slept with. That Al felt himself judge jury and executioner was pitiful. That he had the legal "right" to do it really gives a lot of credence to guys like Barkley who talk about slavery days. Al fvcked up Marcus' career because he "owned" him.
    cheapshotartist likes this.

Ro_34 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro

Nice revisionist history

Marcus was kept on the sidelines because he WAS DONE after 1985. His numbers sucked & were clearly in decline and Bo Jackson kept him as a backup since was the effing stud at the time and he destroyed Marcus's production during 87-90.

"Allegations without proof?"

Yeah, like this I already stated http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakl...ml#post3716313

or this....

CJ Online National News: Attorney alleges Marcus Allen-Nicole affair caused O.J. to snap 04/30/98 | CJOnline.com

"Every time I spoke to witnesses close to Simpson, it always came back to Marcus Allen," said Petrocelli, who represented the Goldmans in the wrongful death suit. "I believe that was what made Simpson snap." "Marcus Allen needs to protect himself, his franchise, his life, his family, his reputation, his name, his income-generating ability -- and he will go to the grave lying about this," he said.

and this...
    Jack Walraven's Simpson Trial Transcripts - AC Cowlings Deposition of April 17
    Q: Okay. Yesterday you had answered some questions regarding a conversation you had had with Marcus Allen at Wayne Hughes' estate.

Do you recall that?

A: Yes.

Q: And I believe you had said that you told Mr. Allen that you knew about his affair with Nicole. Is that correct?

Should I supply quotes by Faye Resnick too?

Funny how you claim Marcus not playing cost us wins. He was the backup in 1990, we win the division and go to the AFC title game. In 1991, He gives 8 games, and we go to the playoffs with Jay Schroeder & Todd Marinovich(and no Bo), and he fumbles in the playoff game where Nick freaking Bell outperformed him. Hell the first year he left, WE WENT to the playoffs.

The guy had 3 1,000 yard seasons in his career and he's one of the most amazing HOF'ers? Hilarious again. The guy is in because of the politics of the NFL. He is NOWHERE near Walter Payton, who played on crap teams, except for the end of his career, had 10 1,000 yard seasons including his 1977 season. What do you think Walter would have done had he been with the Raiders during our Super Bowl wins? Emmit Smith may be a more apt comparison since he was surrounded by loads of talent. Personally, I would take Barry Sanders over either one of them. Even Harvey Williams had a 1,000 yard season with the Raiders that Marcus couldn't do with the Chiefs.

Guess what there are a lot more GOOD Al examples than bad. Him & Howie were our 2 most overrated raiders, easily.
    Raider Ran and LINQ like this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ro_34 View Post
    Marcus was kept on the sidelines because he WAS DONE after 1985. His numbers sucked & were clearly in decline and Bo Jackson kept him as a backup since was the effing stud at the time and he destroyed Marcus's production during 87-90.

"Allegations without proof?"

Yeah, like this I already stated http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakl...ml#post3716313

or this....

CJ Online National News: Attorney alleges Marcus Allen-Nicole affair caused O.J. to snap 04/30/98 | CJOnline.com

"Every time I spoke to witnesses close to Simpson, it always came back to Marcus Allen," said Petrocelli, who represented the Goldmans in the wrongful death suit. "I believe that was what made Simpson snap." "Marcus Allen needs to protect himself, his franchise, his life, his family, his reputation, his name, his income-generating ability -- and he will go to the grave lying about this," he said.

and this...
    Jack Walraven's Simpson Trial Transcripts - AC Cowlings Deposition of April 17
    Q: Okay. Yesterday you had answered some questions regarding a conversation you had had with Marcus Allen at Wayne Hughes' estate.

Do you recall that?

Q: And I believe you had said that you told Mr. Allen that you knew about his affair with Nicole. Is that correct?

Should I supply quotes by Faye Resnick too?

Funny how you claim Marcus not playing cost us wins. He was the backup in 1990, we win the division and go to the AFC title game. In 1991, He gives 8 games, and we go to the playoffs with Jay Schroeder & Todd Marinovich(and no Bo), and he fumbles in the playoff game where Nick freaking Bell outperformed him. Hell the first year he left, WE WENT to the playoffs.

The guy had 3 1,000 yard seasons in his career and he's one of the most amazing HOF'ers? Hilarious again. The guy is in because of the politics of the NFL. He is NOWHERE near Walter Payton, who played on crap teams, except for the end of his career, had 10 1,000 yard seasons including his 1977 season. What do you think Walter would have done had he been with the Raiders during our Super Bowl wins? Emmit Smith may be a more apt comparison since he was surrounded by loads of talent. Personally, I would take Barry Sanders over either one of them. Even Harvey Williams had a 1,000 yard season with the Raiders that Marcus couldn't do with the Chiefs.

Guess what there are a lot more GOOD Al examples than bad. Him & Howie were our 2 most overrated raiders, easily.
    "because he WAS DONE after 1985"

Ten years later he had 890 yards rushing for 4.3 ypc, 210 yards receiving, 2 fumbles and 5 TDs. Ten years after winning us a superbowl he is still the equal of any RB we have had here since him.

He slept with women he had not married? well, now that is a whole different story!!! Lets not have any of that!

Was he the greatest RB ever? one of the top 5? No. Top 10 I'd say he was.

A lot more good stories about Al than bad? Probably. But what Al did was flat out wrong. Most people do more good in life than bad. A lot of people live great lives, and are remembered for only one mistake. Al tried to fvck up a guy's life because he felt he had a right to do it. Says a lot.

If Al had a problem with Marcus, he should have told him to his face, released him from his contract or traded him, and not paid him any more money.

Marcus Allen # 6 all time NFL TDs 145. Without AL Davis fvcking him around, a real shot at #3, maybe even #2.
    Last edited by kinz; 07-26-2012 at 06:43 PM.
    cheapshotartist and TDraiders like this.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by kinz View Post
    I forget, which one is in the HOF?
    They both will be eventually.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphtali View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garner25 View Post
    I was watchin sports center and Tim Brown was talkin with Marcus Allen about the Raiders..And the moderator (I forgot his name) said "You guys are both Raiders" and Tim interupted Marcus and said "I like how they included you as a Raider." I had to rewind it and it looked like a clear shot at Marcus..

I just thought it was funny..
    Probably more playful jesting between the 2 firends, but in this era of the internet people will overreact and use it to start a needless debate
    Pretty much.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by LINQ View Post
    Pretty much.
    You guys are right. This is pointless pot stirring. Regret my part in it. Hot day with some booze brought back old resentment about the guy who was THE best that one magic year. Peace.
    Raider Ran, LINQ and UptownXguy3 like this.

Ro_34 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    "because he WAS DONE after 1985"

Ten years later he had 890 yards rushing for 4.3 ypc, 210 yards receiving, 2 fumbles and 5 TDs. Ten years after winning us a superbowl he is still the equal of any RB we have had here since him.
    WOW! Those are earth-shattering numbers dude. That put him at 19th in the league for rushing yards & 22nd for yards/game. You must be amazed by Harvey Williams season that same year since they are better than Marcus. BTW, it's fair to say that Marcus's numbers were inflated by having the #1 Defense in the NFL that year right?

He slept with women he had not married? well, now that is a whole different story!!! Lets not have any of that!
    As usual, I never made that statement in any way. The fact is, the poster said "without any proof". And I supply proof that he did, including the lawyer who won the Civil suit against OJ Simpson, and Marcus has CONTINUOUSLY lied about it. Just to re-empahize, I DON'T CARE that Marcus was nailing his best friend's wife. But to claim it didn't happen is hilarious.

Was he the greatest RB ever? one of the top 5? No. Top 10 I'd say he was.
    Good for you. That's your subjective opinion, here's mine. I would take Payton, Jim Brown, Tomlinson, Faulk, Sanders, Dickerson, OJ, Earl Campbell, Thurman Thomas, Emmit Smith, and even Bo over him.

A lot more good stories about Al than bad? Probably. But what Al did was flat out wrong. Most people do more good in life than bad. A lot of people live great lives, and are remembered for only one mistake. Al tried to fvck up a guy's life because he felt he had a right to do it. Says a lot.
    A guy's life? You are getting desperate dude. He was a freaking football player. A football player that was outplayed by the #1 guy on the depth chart from 1987-1990....Furthermore, if you think Al Davis "probably" did more good than bad, you are completely uneducated.

If Al had a problem with Marcus, he should have told him to his face, released him from his contract or traded him, and not paid him any more money.

Marcus Allen # 6 all time NFL TDs 145. Without AL Davis fvcking him around, a real shot at #3, maybe even #2.
    Oh I see. So do you applaud Marcus for going on MNF and trashing Al Davis to Al Michaels as opposed to telling Mr. Davis to his face? I mean, you're not employing double standards now are you?...Again, how did Al fvck him? Please try and tell me who should have been the top running back when Bo was here. And how is it Al's fault that Marcus only played in 8 injured games in 91, which may have been in part due to his contract holdout.
    Hayes_Raider likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Two points after reading all these posts:

1. The fact that this whole thread started over a single comment shows why some athletes hate the press, and why you should never judge any comment unless you PERSONALLY heard the entire conversation.

Brown could have been:

A. Supporting Marcus and the Raider organization and saying that it was good Marcus was referred to as a Raider, and that people think of Marcus as a Raider. (All Positive)

B. Picking at Marcus for his antics as a Chief and for going into the HOF as a Chief. (A complete different emotion.)

BOTTOM LINE: WE DON'T FRIGGING KNOW SO THERE IS NO NEED TO SPECULATE UNLESS WE PERSONALLY HEARD IT ALL AND WE KNOW THE FACTS.

2. The whole thing about Marcus and Al Davis has been discussed in this forum many times. I think Al was taking the "high road" being unwilling to discuss the situation despite the criticism he endured for it. I could speculate whatever Marcus did had an impact on other players or other members of the organization that Davis did not want to embarrass or involve. So he kept it secret. (He told Ice Cube in an interview that he and Marcus knew the scoop, but he wasn't going to discuss it.) But I could be as wrong as the next guy. I loved Allen as a player, but I'm pretty sure he hasn't come clean about the situation. I've NEVER gotten the impression Marcus was willing to tell his side, or be honest about whatever happened. BOTTOM LINE... YOU CAN'T LOGICALLY BLAME AL OR BLAME MARCUS WITHOUT THE FACTS... and none of us have them.

By the way, everyone has a right to their opinion. But when you post something as if it is 100% true, you need to have the facts to back up your position. Hats off to the poster(s) who back up their comments with facts and/or sound reasoning.

And by the way, all of this is just MY opinion.

Da Swami is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Marcus' conduct is enough to black list him from being a Raider in my mind.

The whining and demonizing of Al during the strike, the public cheap shots on KTLA in his series of interviews during the strike in 87, the joining in on an optional NFLPA lawsuit that he LOUDLY made an issue of to LA media when he joined it, etc.

Marcus lost his right to be called a Raider and only those who may not be fully informed on his conduct think he got screwed.

Marcus Allen is an ungrateful chump who stabbed Al's back after Al was very good to him.

Tim Brown knows that Allen is no Raider.

Hall of Famer
    Its worth taking a look at Marcus.

NFL Football - Super Bowl XVIII - Washington Redskins vs. Los Angeles Raiders (1984) - YouTube

"Allen rushed 58 times for 466 yards and four touchdowns during the (1983) playoffs. He also added 118 yards and one touchdown on 14 receptions."

Always be one of my best memories of the Raiders.

Da Swami is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Its worth taking a look at Marcus.

NFL Football - Super Bowl XVIII - Washington Redskins vs. Los Angeles Raiders (1984) - YouTube

"Allen rushed 58 times for 466 yards and four touchdowns during the (1983) playoffs. He also added 118 yards and one touchdown on 14 receptions."

Always be one of my best memories of the Raiders.
    Al tore up his contract after that game too and made him the highest paid back in the NFL.

Al did that again in 85.

Marcus went and tainted that memory for me when he went on his all out assault on any media outlet that would listen.

He did that all on his own.

He lost my respect during the strike in 87.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information