Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Terrelle Pryor article from Taffur - sfgate.com

John Oglesby is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie

Terrelle Pryor article from Taffur - sfgate.com

Terrelle Pryor taking positive steps with Raiders

I'm slowly coming around to the idea of Terrelle Pryor as the future QB... just not within the next 3 years. Kid has a lot to figure out, and it will only help him to sit for awhile. He definitely has the hunger and determination to survive, let's hope he does so in the Silver & Black.

Hall of Famer
    I have no interested in seeing Pryor take the field this season, but he doesn't need to, so I don't know why everyone is so quick to disregard him. He has time to get better and he has the drive and resources as well. He'll get his shot in due time and he has incredible physical gifts. I happen to believe QB is a cerebral position, but I don't know that he can't succeed.

Give him time to mature as a backup. Worked pretty well for two other athletic QBs -- Steve Young and Aaron Rodgers
    cheapshotartist and rhumbob like this.
    Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.
    -W.B. Yeats

Hall of Famer
    Another Pryor thread. Just wow.....Aside from Tebow, has any 3rd string quarterback received so much frikkin attention? The season can't come soon enough.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jave View Post
    Another Pryor thread. Just wow.....Aside from Tebow, has any 3rd string quarterback received so much frikkin attention? The season can't come soon enough.
    Please don't complain about someone posting a news article and then commenting about it. This is called a discussion board. If nobody post, what the hell are we supposed to discuss.

You made the decession to click on the topic even tho the title was pretty clear. And then you even took the time to bitch about it.

John Oglesby is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    I also find it exciting that Pryor reached out to Gannon - who not that long ago was literally barred from the Raiders. This also goes to show that the Raiders organization is definitely mending bridges. It also goes to show that Gannon does indeed still care about the Raiders (as he did offer to help JaMarcus), and wants to help in the process of giving Pryor every positive experience he can get in order to succeed.

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nor_cal_raider7 View Post
    Please don't complain about someone posting a news article and then commenting about it. This is called a discussion board. If nobody post, what the hell are we supposed to discuss.

You made the decession to click on the topic even tho the title was pretty clear. And then you even took the time to bitch about it.
    This^^^^

GO BEAVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bleachkit is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    He just took some quotes from last week, and added a little filler. Not a strong article. He's no J mac.
    huggeebear and ottomatic1 like this.

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    We could possibly have an Aaron Rodgers situation setting itself up. Except our old reliable starter who occasionally throws a few picks isnt a douche bag who wont give advice to his younger competition. I never thought i would see the day we are slowly developing our very own QB. Now we just have to keep him contracted to us.

Pro Bowler
    This is a good read. Pryor's work ethic and humility are a great assets. I really want to see him succeed.
    cheapshotartist likes this.

prolific is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I'm loving the idea of Pryor starting a few years down the road; the kid clearly has his head in the right place and the work ethic alone should be a testement to that.

Terrelle Pryor To Work With Rich Gannon - Just Blog Baby - An Oakland Raiders Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

These are not your Al Davis Raiders. Not any longer. Davis had his minions ban former MVP Rich Gannon from the team facility. Gannonís sin was being too critical of the then floundering franchise and for having the audacity to want to tutor JaMarcus Russell.

Flash forward to the start of the Reggie McKenzie era and not only is there no mention of a Gannon ban thereís the possibility of the last great Raider QB working with perhaps the next great Raider QB.

According to Vittorio Tafur, Terrelle Pryor has already reached out to Gannon for advice and the two are working on getting together in the near future. Tafur also penned a nice piece on Pryorís progression thus far.

Even though he was on the roster for most of last season this is pretty much Pryorís rookie year. He might be a second-year player but getting one penalized snap as a rookie hardly qualifies as NFL experience.
    Sounds good to me.
    RaiderInSD21 likes this.

RaiderAM is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Does that mean Rich Gannon is welcome back to the Raiders in any way?
    Raider Ran likes this.

Mr Terrific is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by prolific View Post
    I'm loving the idea of Pryor starting a few years down the road; the kid clearly has his head in the right place and the work ethic alone should be a testement to that.

Terrelle Pryor To Work With Rich Gannon - Just Blog Baby - An Oakland Raiders Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

Sounds good to me.
    nice

pigspigs76 is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakl...tp-took-3.html

I know someone here wants to bump this classic.

nastynice is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    While we have good slid qbs now in Palmer and leinart, pryors potential is much higher than either. I just hope he doesn't get tired of waiting and try to go somewhere else to play
    cheapshotartist likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information