Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Incarcerated bob (from twitter) reports raiders to go after Mario Williams heavy

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by prolific View Post
    That's just the point, though. I can sit here and name 5-10 top tier free agents who should/will hit the market this offseason and claim that they're all on the Raider's radar just because their big names.

Look at me, I'm reporting breaking news!
    excellent point.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by prolific View Post
    That's just the point, though. I can sit here and name 5-10 top tier free agents who should/will hit the market this offseason and claim that they're all on the Raider's radar just because their big names.

Look at me, I'm reporting breaking news!
    Of course you could. I think we will consider the 5-10 top tier free agents -- that goes without saying. What this guy is saying is that we will pursue Williams "heavy" which leads me to believe that he's a top priority and not just a "5-10 top tier free agent"

Now, whether the guy is legit or not, I don't know. It seems to be split on here with some liking the guy and some not liking the guy. Either way, he's had to have gotten something right in the past or nobody would trust him... right? If he's been wrong before, that shouldn't be the final decision on the guy; I'm sure some of the rumors in Premium (seems to be the be all in the rumor department with how some treat it here) have been wrong.

Either way, as I've said, we all knew we would go after Mario. It's not huge news.

Fedor is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    Only $7.5 million? You make it sound like it's chump change. I wouldn't have any problems with Seymour at $3 million but he's kind of a part time player at his age. Whether it be injuries or his effort you rarely get 100% from the guy. Hard to imagine he's going to be better next year and in fact he'll probably be worse as players at his position don't get better with age.
    Its not, but you have to consider that we will be paying him $7.5M regardless if he's on our roster or not. Even at his age he is still playing at a high level. Still commands double teams and is a force in the middle. He was slowed down by injuries last year, but when healthy he is a beast, you can't deny that.

Monkz is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Good article on Bob and his nonsense.

Is @incarceratedbob a complete fraud? | NFL Draft Monsters

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkz View Post
    I read the article and I have a few opinions: (Keep in mind, I don't follow incarceratedbob, nor care about his tweets all that much)

- I find it highly unlikely that this guy combed through 16,000+ tweets. First of all, why? If he's just some twitter reporter that is wrong all the time, then who gives a ****? Why waste so much time doing that unless you had a personal agenda.

- According to the guy, he has a 29% accuracy rating. What that says to me is that he just says what he hears from people/his sources. The real insiders care too much about reputation that they will not break a story until it's 5 minutes from being on ESPN anyway (and who gives a **** at that point?)

- He breaks down Bob's tactics: weasel wording and shotgun suggesting. Honestly, every single insider reporter does this. Sit down and watch/listen to any sports discussion about possibilities and someone will say, "He's leaning towards" or they'll mention a few teams that are interested in the player or the player is interested in. It happens all the time, but the author of this holds it against him.

- The authors opening line is about Nnamdi going to the Jets. There were quite a few reporters saying that Nnamdi was going to the Jets; in fact, the Eagles were never mentioned until about 5 minutes before it was BREAKING NEWS on ESPN. A few were wrong about this, but again, the author holds against the guy.

Again, I don't know if the guy is right or not. I've heard his name said on here a few times, but I've honestly checked his twitter maybe twice since the beginning of this past season. I generally just check Tafur, Cork, and every once in awhile McDonald's twitter accounts. We'll find out soon enough if we plan to target Mario "heavily" or not.

ismail86 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Mario, Houston, Bryant, Shaughnessy = I have a mild erection.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    Only $7.5 million? You make it sound like it's chump change. I wouldn't have any problems with Seymour at $3 million but he's kind of a part time player at his age. Whether it be injuries or his effort you rarely get 100% from the guy. Hard to imagine he's going to be better next year and in fact he'll probably be worse as players at his position don't get better with age.
    Seymour voluntarily plays on the punt team and blocks 2 punts in 1 gam,e against KC, helping us get the last win of the season and preventing an 0-5 finish...

and you say Seymour rarely gives 100% effort????

Bengals are way under the cap... maybe they'd take Seymour and trade Gradkowski back to us if we also threw in a conditional 4th rounder in 2013 to make the trade fair for both teams... gotta save money

prolific is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by imthedan View Post
    Now, whether the guy is legit or not, I don't know. It seems to be split on here with some liking the guy and some not liking the guy. Either way, he's had to have gotten something right in the past or nobody would trust him... right? If he's been wrong before, that shouldn't be the final decision on the guy; I'm sure some of the rumors in Premium (seems to be the be all in the rumor department with how some treat it here) have been wrong.
    I'm not hating on the guy but rather, all I'm saying is that there's absolutely no weight behind his tweets/sources. I can (hell, anyone for that matter) throw out dozens and dozens of rumors and eventually be "right" on one or two of them bro.

If he were able to provide some credibility behind his claims other than "my sources tell me...", than maybe I'd stand behind his statements. This guy isn't even in the industry and is, more than likely, just a fan behind his computer like the rest of us.

Let's hope he's right, for our sakes at least.

Dewey is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    Wouldn't Houston most definitely use the Franchise Tag on Williams making all this speculation useless?

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
    Wouldn't Houston most definitely use the Franchise Tag on Williams making all this speculation useless?
    Would apparently cost em a small fortune to tag him and everywhere I look I see people saying they probably let him walk because they have little cap room and Foster is going to want to be paid soon too. (Foster is a RFA so doubtful he'll go anywhere but he'll command a big deal if they want to keep him)

Franchise tag for Mario Williams too expensive

Pro Bowler
    Mario Williams would be a great addition to the team.

Metallica0688 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    $7.5 million for Seymour this season plus come March he is due his $7.5 million roster bonus . That's $15 million this year to Seymour who was 2nd on the team in penalties with 11 .

Restructuring his deal and then sign Mario could be a nice off season for Reggie .

Remember that during his 18 years with the Packers the only 2 big F/A players that they went after was Reggie White & Woodson .

Could Reggie view Mario as his Minister of Defense player here ?

Would then still be able to look at trading Kelly or Seymour and moving Houston inside .

TonyHighRoller is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    I would love to see Mario Williams in Silver & Black but we all know it a long shot....

ecnirp is offline Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Hall of Famer

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by als_shadow View Post
    Seymour voluntarily plays on the punt team and blocks 2 punts in 1 gam,e against KC, helping us get the last win of the season and preventing an 0-5 finish...

and you say Seymour rarely gives 100% effort????

Bengals are way under the cap... maybe they'd take Seymour and trade Gradkowski back to us if we also threw in a conditional 4th rounder in 2013 to make the trade fair for both teams... gotta save money
    ottomatic1 likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by als_shadow View Post
    He blocked two field goals...not punts. No doubt he put 100% effort on those two field goal blocks.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information