RaiderFaninCT is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie

Official! Greg Knapp is our OC

KensaiKatai is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    very excited for the future.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFaninCT View Post
    Only that is was done really fast. Allen was "officially" hired yesterday, but we have an OC already? Strange if you ask me...

Let's get to work!!

leafs43 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Yay!

Back to boring horrible offense!

Can't wait for run up the gut, run up the gut, short pass, punt! So excited!
    Chiefhater and trur8r like this.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by HitStick View Post
    Only that is was done really fast. Allen was "officially" hired yesterday, but we have an OC already? Strange if you ask me...

Let's get to work!!
    I think it's safe to assume that DA was already shopping around when Reggie hired him last week. This is for the better though, because the sooner he gets his staff together, the sooner they can evaluate the talent and figure out the best approach to take for 2012.
    IERaiderFan likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    Yay!

Who was the QB during that time? Now think back to the mentally capability of the QB and the lack of ability he had to consume a playbook.

RaidamanI is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Allen and Mckenzie had a handshake agreement last week. I'm sure Allen had some coaches in mind when he interviewed. I don't know what to think of this, but I'm certainly not feeling the same as some on here (Mayan Prophecy is TRUE!!!). It's okay people. Let Allen hire his staff and lets see what happens.

Chairman of the Board
    Trying to stay positive... somebody.. please help me out... lie to me if you must.
    trur8r and UtahRaider78 like this.
    Go Raiders.

KensaiKatai is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    Yay!

I know our defense was horribly inept at critical moments but If we had been more conservative on offense last year we would of made the playoffs.. Food for thought.

In essence if we had made the playoffs.. Hue would probably still be around. So blame Hue for Knapps hire. Hue was predictably unconventional. I'd rather be predictably conservative than predictably aggressive.

Especially with the level of talent on this offense.

2006, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    I'm not sure if I'm too excited about this move. Although, the Texans had a pretty legit O. I just worry about the fit with our talent group. The skillsets of your young WR's and the style Knapp runs. I was a bit more excited about the possibility of keeping Saunders because he has an awesome playbook. Oh well, if that is the guy, I'm on board. Gotta back him 100% and hope for the best. Lets go Raiders!!!
    Don't let what you can't do, stop you from doing what you can do!

gwiz327 is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    i really can say that this is an interesting hire due to the fact that Reggie said in the presser that they began working immediately when they reached an agreement. i think that with an experienced qb the system can be executed better than the one knapp had with #2. i am looking forward to a lot of up tempo plays and hopefully a sugar huddle with some check with me at the line from cp3. i remember when gannon really had trestman/gruden/callahan's offense really clicking, our team was averaging over 55 plays per game and keeping our d fresh and ready. if knapp can ramp it up a notch and maintain our running game, i'll be pleased. remember, a solid running attack and ball control can keep us in the game as well as put away games. so welcome back mr knapp, you know your mission!!!!!!!!!

ShimSham is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Loved hearing that we tried bringing in Todd Bowles for DB coach, solid move I'd agree with.

Not excited with Gregg Knapp, has he had any success as an OC? His offensive systems have hardly lit up the scoreboards.

I know I have to give him a shot to prove himself a bit, but not thrilled about this hire. Allen hire I liked, Knapp, not so much. We'll see who he brings in now for DC. Judging by his comments about not calling the DC he needs someone he can rely on. Would preferred to keep Al Saunders.

Hall of Famer
    Not excited at all. I wanted to keep Saunders big time. Saunders is 10 times the OC Knapp is. Just look at their accomplishments side by side. I'm really just starting to not care what happens anymore. I hope it works out but my guess is this was a huge mistake.
    RAIDERGUY55 likes this.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by the_new_Jerry View Post
    Trying to stay positive... somebody.. please help me out... lie to me if you must.
    It's not Tom Walsh.

RaidamanI is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by KensaiKatai View Post
    I know our defense was horribly inept at critical moments but If we had been more conservative on offense last year we would of made the playoffs.. Food for thought.
    Interesting point Kensai.

Quote Originally Posted by R8RFOX View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm too excited about this move. Although, the Texans had a pretty legit O. I just worry about the fit with our talent group. The skillsets of your young WR's and the style Knapp runs. I was a bit more excited about the possibility of keeping Saunders because he has an awesome playbook. Oh well, if that is the guy, I'm on board. Gotta back him 100% and hope for the best. Lets go Raiders!!!
    Yes.

Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread Information