Page 33 of 60 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 495 of 898
Like Tree610Likes

Thread: Official! Greg Knapp is our OC

  1. #481
    Sea Of Hands's Avatar
    Sea Of Hands is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Yosemite
    Posts
    4,591
    Quote Originally Posted by csyzero View Post
    Why Did this get bumped up? Scared the **** outta me haha
    Straight up!! When I first read the title, I almost sh!t my pants.
    Rainman56 likes this.
    "The Media hated Davis because he kept his mouth shut when it counted and didn't bend over to their tactics. Most NFL owners hated Davis because he was a 'them', having worked his way up, and also because he had no problem hiring minorities when no one else would. You can only have so many people saying bad things about you before the sheep believe it...And now, the sheep don't even know why they hate the Raiders, it's just always been that way..." - Sir Pig

  2. #482
    JUSTWINBABY9111's Avatar
    JUSTWINBABY9111 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,253
    Why the obsession with Knapp? We should still be talking about the 1st and 2nd round picks a selfish "me first" guy gave up. Knapp is hard headed? Maybe.

    Should DMC be able to run for 1000 in his offense if he is truly worthy of a top 10 pick? Yes of course he should have great field vision and the ability to make cuts, and break a few tackles. He could have been average (Knapp), and par for the course with an adequate RB, people don't want to believe it. Next year we will see that it wasn't entirely Knapp, if he is gone.

    Let's say Hue was here another year, and DMC does not get going? We would have struggled and most know without a running game Hue wouild not have done much better in his THIRD season calling plays. No Bush, he wasn't great but he was our wall, we leaned on him greatly..

    I worry and also predict DMC stays and I predict the run game is hurt again just like I predicted the OL struggling with the scheme and the offense taking a nose dive in the off-season. The offense is going to not look much better next year with DMC here, and given another chance, taking the majority of the carries, making over 5M. I do not like Knapp and he would never lead us to where we want to go, but we are going to another average "par for the course" OC, I assume. It's been this way for 20 years.
    foodisgood70 likes this.

  3. #483
    B. anthracis's Avatar
    B. anthracis is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by AL 9000 View Post
    Funny you said we have a boat load of talent at the skill positions but now you swear we have none. You also state you believe Knapp is a good coach who can help this team and that it was a good hire. lmao! So many things wrong with this post. Can we please sticky this?! lol!
    Yum: The taste of internet satisfaction.

    I read through a lot of this thread. It's funny how all the "chicken littles" turned out to be 100% right about everything.

    I was going to quote the best post but there were so many it was impossible. Claps, who took a lot of crap at the time was probably the most right. Back then he was already talking about how Knapp's scheme wouldn't fit our personnel and that Knapp wouldn't bother to build his offense around the strengths of his players. He deserves the RF.net Nostradamus award.

    There's no point in pointing out who was wrong. Reality has done a good enough job of that already. All the arguments that were pro-Knapp have dried up and blown away. Instead of Jamarcus Russel he had a talented group of productive players to work with and the results were very similar to when Jamarcus Russel was here.

    Lots of people were willing to give him the benefit of the doubt--to wait and see until the end of this season before judging him. Turns out they didn't have to wait that long.

    We should have known how badly it was going to go when Knapp (or was it Allen?) was talking about creating explosive plays of 16 yards.
    raiderArt and Rainman56 like this.

  4. #484
    MadBomber24's Avatar
    MadBomber24 is offline
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    13,726
    Quote Originally Posted by j_sizzle View Post
    Dude Knapp sucks. I'll tell you why. He is not aggressive early in games and that one shot from the endzone was just that one shot. He doesn't call shots often. He runs play action when we are down a whole bunch of points. The offense is only productive in the no huddle. The pass protection is not all that good yet he has Palmer dropping back from under center instead of putting Palmer in the Shot gun more to get away from quick pressure. For example look at the Patriots offense, when Brady is undercenter it's either a run or a playaction max protect shot. Brady rarely drops back from under center. When its a straight up pass Brady is in the Shot gun. Also the 3rd and ones in the Panthers game he ran a stretch play where DMC got stuffed behind the line of scrimmage and he ran a bootleg (the one where Palmer got hurt). To pick up one yard you don't need to get cute just play football.
    now see I have no issues with any of this. I may not agree with some of it but atleast you have some actual football reasons for not liking him. These kinds of posts I have never had an issue with.

    One comment I will make is that we have run several different type of plays on 3rd and short the last couple weeks and none of them have worked. The one time it should have worked was a zone stretch play where there was an obvious hole for a first and DMAC missed it (vs KC). Some posters here made a big deal about DMAC being heated after that play but a little later in the same situation we ran a classic lead play up the middle (FB leading right behind the left side of the O line) and DMAC got stuffed again. Our short yardage game is crap and has been (remember Bush vs KC last year not getting in with 3 tries from the 1?). Based on what I can see it looks to me like the players are a bigger issue than Knapp.

    I personally don't think Knapp is not aggressive enough early on, I feel he abandons the run game too quickly and I too wonder why we don't see more Goodson and Reece carry the ball when DMAC clearly isn't getting the job done. However without actually being in the meetings with the coaches I don't know who to blame as that should be an HC and position coach job as much as the OC. And I don't know what they are telling knapp in meetings.

    The biggest thing I disagree with is those who put everything on Knapp. You want to tell me he has made big mistakes this year I have no issues with that. You tell me he took some great offense and ruined it then I disagree conpletely. I saw many of the same issues with our offense last season that I am seeing now but like now no one wanted to listen.

  5. #485
    Moriarty is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,478
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBomber24 View Post
    The biggest thing I disagree with is those who put everything on Knapp. You want to tell me he has made big mistakes this year I have no issues with that. You tell me he took some great offense and ruined it then I disagree completely.
    Let's just state the facts: He took a 16th ranked offense and turned it into a 29th ranked offense*. Very difficult to disagree with that on a factual basis.

    Now let's add some opinion: A lot of us thought the offense last year was trending upward and was a piece or two from being really good. This year that offense looks pathetic (29 out of of 32) and has progressively looked worse as the season has gone on.

    I think most coaches would take this year's opening day offensive roster over last year's, with Palmer being a significant upgrade over Campbell and Coop/Wiz/Brisiel supposedly being an upgrade over Wiz/Satele/Coop (given that RM spent more money on the latter). The talent is roughly the same as last year**.

    * All rankings are points per game.

    ** On offense. You could make a case that the talent level on defense has slightly decreased.
    B. anthracis likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRV5490 View Post
    Possibly more concerning is the fact that he's a pro athlete wearing a Balance Bracelet. I'm not sure anyone stupid enough to fall for that has the brains to lead a professional team.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    We can post whatever we want to post on the board but the game is played on the field.

  6. #486
    Rainman56's Avatar
    Rainman56 is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Underground
    Posts
    6,859
    Quote Originally Posted by sa_dick_steele View Post
    This seems to answer the question about whether or not Knapp was DA's 1st or 5th choice. I thought that he wasn't the first choice, apparently I was wrong.
    Not to worry steele dick,being wrong the first time had to happen eventually.Just shows your human like all of us.You da man!........
    sa_dick_steele likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    you can't find one post by me saying I have Knapp's back.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    This is why I have Knapps back
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    No one owes woodson sh!t and I'm not sure he will ever see the HOF

  7. #487
    Live.B.A.Raida is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tha Deep Side of East Oakland
    Posts
    4,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Live.B.A.Raida View Post
    Someone help me out, if Knapp was the qb coach for the Texans why is everyone saying the Texans ran his O? I know offensive coaches get assistants that best fit their offensive philosophy but it doesn't mean that the Texans ran the offense the way Knapp did when he was OC. This could be good or bad, either Knapp can bring elements of the Texans offensive attack to the Raiders or he can revert back to running his offense...
    Looks like Knapp reverted back to his horrible offense lol.
    Rainman56 likes this.

  8. #488
    Chiefhater's Avatar
    Chiefhater is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Wichita,Ks
    Posts
    6,034
    So was it the players in Atlanta too? Birdmanx described what to expect to a tee, minus the point about no huddle. But I don't think he had a choice regarding that, and he looked pissed the first time Palmer went no huddle.

    I'm not saying the players have executed, because they have blown plays that were there to be made. But the guy is just an awful OC. The results have shown that time after time.
    POKE, Naphtali and UptownXguy3 like this.

  9. #489
    Jave's Avatar
    Jave is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fairhope, Al
    Posts
    3,126
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBomber24 View Post
    yes I said that almost a year ago assuming guys like Moore and Palmer would improve. They did not. Instead they failed to make plays that were there to be made. Palmer missed more open big plays than he made. Moore has made DHB look good in terms of catching the football. Those are issues with the players not Knapp.

    I argue with posters like you who complain to complain. Like when you complained about knapp not being aggressive with the play calling on a drive that we threw deep from our own endzone. You hate knapp but you don't know enough about anything to understand why. You see how bad we are this year and everything became Knapps fault. You have been obsessed with hating him that in almost every post you make you have some idiotic statement to make against him and you don't care if there is any truth to it or not. As long as its bashing Knapp it's all good for you. Sorry but I don't blame Knapp for our mess at all. He may end up being the fall guy but I don't feel it's fair (not that life is fair mind you). But we have way more issues than I realized when I made that post you guys think is funny. Those issues where brought to light in premium last month and very little of those issues involve Knapp.
    Your right. I can't find any evidence that Knapp is a poor offensive coordinator. Well, except for our record. And our 29th ranked rushing offense. Well, that and our 29th ranked scoring offense. And our 27th ranked 3rd down %. Ohh also forgot our 31st ranked red zone scoring, and, there's also our 31st ranked 1st quarter scoring, and on and on and on. All of these shining examples of Knapps terrific play calling can be found in the statistics, NFL Football Stats on TeamRankings.com

    But OTHER THEN THAT, yes, he's been terrific for us.

  10. #490
    POKE's Avatar
    POKE is offline
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Rich City (Richmond,CA)
    Posts
    17,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Jave View Post
    Your right. I can't find any evidence that Knapp is a poor offensive coordinator. Well, except for our record. And our 29th ranked rushing offense. Well, that and our 29th ranked scoring offense. And our 27th ranked 3rd down %. Ohh also forgot our 31st ranked red zone scoring, and, there's also our 31st ranked 1st quarter scoring, and on and on and on. All of these shining examples of Knapps terrific play calling can be found in the statistics, NFL Football Stats on TeamRankings.com

    But OTHER THEN THAT, yes, he's been terrific for us.
    Boom!
    B. anthracis and AL 9000 like this.

  11. #491
    MadBomber24's Avatar
    MadBomber24 is offline
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    13,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Jave View Post
    Your right. I can't find any evidence that Knapp is a poor offensive coordinator. Well, except for our record. And our 29th ranked rushing offense. Well, that and our 29th ranked scoring offense. And our 27th ranked 3rd down %. Ohh also forgot our 31st ranked red zone scoring, and, there's also our 31st ranked 1st quarter scoring, and on and on and on. All of these shining examples of Knapps terrific play calling can be found in the statistics, NFL Football Stats on TeamRankings.com

    But OTHER THEN THAT, yes, he's been terrific for us.
    yea the players don't have anything to do with that. We are for sure scoring 30 points a game once Knapl is gone. Your evidence or who's fault it is for that evidence is what you want to see which you prove in every game day thread you don't see sht.

  12. #492
    Moriarty is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,478
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBomber24 View Post
    We are for sure scoring 30 points a game once Knapl is gone.
    There's only 2-3 people still hanging tight to defending Knapp and now it's come to arguing strawmen. LOL. Who said we would score 30/game without Knapp?

    If we bring in a competent OC we'll probably go back to being a middle-of-the-road offense that scores ~22 points/game, which would be, wait for it:

    5 points per game higher and ~14 positions higher in ranking than Knapp is doing with offensive talent that is the same or superior to last year.

    LMMFAO.
    POKE likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRV5490 View Post
    Possibly more concerning is the fact that he's a pro athlete wearing a Balance Bracelet. I'm not sure anyone stupid enough to fall for that has the brains to lead a professional team.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    We can post whatever we want to post on the board but the game is played on the field.

  13. #493
    Moriarty is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,478
    Jesus I just realized that we were 6th in the league in scoring in 2010!!!.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Knapp
    Oakland, tell me how my ass taste
    Chiefhater and Live.B.A.Raida like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRV5490 View Post
    Possibly more concerning is the fact that he's a pro athlete wearing a Balance Bracelet. I'm not sure anyone stupid enough to fall for that has the brains to lead a professional team.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    We can post whatever we want to post on the board but the game is played on the field.

  14. #494
    Live.B.A.Raida is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tha Deep Side of East Oakland
    Posts
    4,805
    hue jax/al saunders > d.a/knapp

  15. #495
    kinz is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    There's only 2-3 people still hanging tight to defending Knapp and now it's come to arguing strawmen. LOL. Who said we would score 30/game without Knapp?

    If we bring in a competent OC we'll probably go back to being a middle-of-the-road offense that scores ~22 points/game, which would be, wait for it:

    5 points per game higher and ~14 positions higher in ranking than Knapp is doing with offensive talent that is the same or superior to last year.

    LMMFAO.
    Question for you ... Is the trouble with McFadden due to (1) poor play calling, (2) poor line play, (3) a bad fit with Knapp's scheme, or (4) effects of the injury last year. Is it your expectation that McFadden has 1000+ yards next year and a ypc > 4.0 with a new OC?

Page 33 of 60 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •