Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 69

Thread: Campbell misses wide open receiver, throws int. instead + game highlights

  1. #1
    Artois's Avatar
    Artois is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orinda
    Posts
    1,831

    Thumbs down Campbell misses wide open receiver, throws int. instead + game highlights

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv0Zi7Br_Kk]YouTube - Chris Hope Intercepts Jason Campbell[/ame]

    The guy in the middle is wide open! I know pressure is in his face, does that make this acceptable, I think not. Throw the ball to the guy who is open.


    Highlights for you guys

    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9imaDgtlV8[/ame]
    John Madden: I hope that, for the Raiders’ sake, Schaub can play because if they took another hit there, picking up a guy that really can’t play, that will be tough. Eventually when you draft Derek Carr, eventually you’re going to play him, you know that, when you draft them that high. But what we’re talking about is the space between right now and the time that Derek Carr is ready to play.

  2. #2
    Spadesy's Avatar
    Spadesy is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    170
    Ever try playing the quarterback position? Like besides at the park or at the beach or on Madden?

  3. #3
    Artois's Avatar
    Artois is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orinda
    Posts
    1,831
    I forgot something: C'mon Man!
    John Madden: I hope that, for the Raiders’ sake, Schaub can play because if they took another hit there, picking up a guy that really can’t play, that will be tough. Eventually when you draft Derek Carr, eventually you’re going to play him, you know that, when you draft them that high. But what we’re talking about is the space between right now and the time that Derek Carr is ready to play.

  4. #4
    Artois's Avatar
    Artois is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orinda
    Posts
    1,831

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by Spadesy View Post
    Ever try playing the quarterback position? Like besides at the park or at the beach or on Madden?
    Your right, your point is dead on. I haven’t, but not having done something does not exclude you from judgment.

    If you were to take your argument to its logical conclusion, because I have not committed murder, I am unable to fairly judge someone who has; I think not sir.

    LOL
    John Madden: I hope that, for the Raiders’ sake, Schaub can play because if they took another hit there, picking up a guy that really can’t play, that will be tough. Eventually when you draft Derek Carr, eventually you’re going to play him, you know that, when you draft them that high. But what we’re talking about is the space between right now and the time that Derek Carr is ready to play.

  5. #5
    RAIDERS64 is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,810
    Oh Well !

    He'll get over it !

  6. #6
    Artois's Avatar
    Artois is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orinda
    Posts
    1,831

    Thumbs down

    Campbell misses other wide open receivers:


    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTqk4Du4-wM]YouTube - Charlie Casserly Says Jason Campbell Is "Too Indecisive"[/ame]
    John Madden: I hope that, for the Raiders’ sake, Schaub can play because if they took another hit there, picking up a guy that really can’t play, that will be tough. Eventually when you draft Derek Carr, eventually you’re going to play him, you know that, when you draft them that high. But what we’re talking about is the space between right now and the time that Derek Carr is ready to play.

  7. #7
    Spadesy's Avatar
    Spadesy is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Artois View Post
    Your right, your point is dead on. I haven’t, but not having done something does not exclude you from judgment.

    If you were to take your argument to its logical conclusion, because I have not committed murder, I am unable to fairly judge someone who has; I think not sir.

    LOL
    I'm not saying you can't judge him, wasn't implying that at all. You must be gearing up for a full on debate but that's not my intention. That line gave him no time at all to even look for Murphy.

  8. #8
    JD707's Avatar
    JD707 is offline
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    777
    At this point I would say he may have missed the open receiver but those receivers he did hit got first downs..... if he did that for us and shoot for first downs and get them I would be happy. One of the biggest things that piss me off is SanDiego doing those damn short drop passes to gates non stop and as soon as someone covers him BAM deep pass. But this takes a good Oline, open recievers and a patient QB. Throwing the bomb deep every pass is straight fail. TN was a tough game lets give it a few more games before we boot the guy or our team. I have to be honest if ST Louis makes us look like a high school team I will be all about blowing it up and starting from scratch though, nothing worse than being brutalized by STL.

  9. #9
    Artois's Avatar
    Artois is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orinda
    Posts
    1,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Spadesy View Post
    I'm not saying you can't judge him, wasn't implying that at all. You must be gearing up for a full on debate but that's not my intention. That line gave him no time at all to even look for Murphy.
    Make time by stepping up into the pocket. Or ( I must admit my ignorance here, but does he have to take those three steps back? If he doesn’t that buys him more time) don’t fall back three steps.
    John Madden: I hope that, for the Raiders’ sake, Schaub can play because if they took another hit there, picking up a guy that really can’t play, that will be tough. Eventually when you draft Derek Carr, eventually you’re going to play him, you know that, when you draft them that high. But what we’re talking about is the space between right now and the time that Derek Carr is ready to play.

  10. #10
    YoungLegend's Avatar
    YoungLegend is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    13,375
    He made a few bad decisions with what WR to throw to I don't really blame him tho the way he was getting protected or lack ther of protection but on that one screen pass to Murphy,McFadden slide out to the other side and no one was around him.

  11. #11
    RAIDERQWAK's Avatar
    RAIDERQWAK is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    79
    I usually don't comment too much, but (while I don't think its all on Campbell) he should always know where the safety valve is gonna be at. Under pressure.....inside cross route vs the streak.... you gotta hit the hot route. But this will be a great week for Campbell, I really think he will come through this coming game.

  12. #12
    what22's Avatar
    what22 is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    514
    zach said it was his fault, something to do with communication, maybe it was maybe it wasnt, but thats what he said

  13. #13
    dmauke's Avatar
    dmauke is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,841
    Looks to me like a lack of communication... Miller should have seen the DB blitz... don't know if his option was to cut his route short on a comeback or an out, but that's what you get when players are still pretty new to each other. Campbell made the right read imo there because if you saw weak side backer he was ready to jump on that crossing route.

    They teach QB's that the open receiver tends to be in the area where the blitz it coming from and Miller would have been open if he had recognized the blitz immediately.

    We are going to see more of these kinds of mistakes, takes time to build chemistry.

  14. #14
    RAIDERS64 is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,810
    Quote Originally Posted by what22 View Post
    zach said it was his fault, something to do with communication, maybe it was maybe it wasnt, but thats what he said
    Raiders try to make sense of opener - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group

    He also said the Jason Campbell interception which was returned 42 yards by Chris Hope was because of a route adjustment error on his part.

    “That one kind of falls on me,” Miller said. “We have to be on the same page there and we weren’t.”

  15. #15
    KensaiKatai is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    5,685
    Quote Originally Posted by what22 View Post
    zach said it was his fault, something to do with communication, maybe it was maybe it wasnt, but thats what he said
    of course zack said that, he's all class. unlike campbell..exactly how much blame has campbell taken besides saying he "tried"..trying is the intention to fail..

    anyways, F campbell. you guys will see the deal sooner or later. I'll be watching him closely this week and i won't be looking at 'stats' either.

    Good work as usual Artois, your one of the best posters around here. Constantly bringing us new sources of actual information instead of just your own bias 'opinion'. Something even I can be guilty of more often than not. Either way you can take my word for it or not, the choice is yours. but campbell is not the best QB on this team..and that frankly pisses me off.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •