Thread: Raiders try to make sense of opener

AutumnWind32 is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board

Raiders try to make sense of opener

Raiders try to make sense of opener - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group
    – Linebacker Quentin Groves felt the Raiders got away from what they do best, in part because of the magnitude of the situation.

“I think, gathering from the things I got from everybody today, man, we were somewhat nervous,” Groves said. “Nervous for the simple fact that with a young team, you never know how we’re going to handle expectations. There’s been a lot of expectations placed upon this team, and we handled it with nervousness, and that’s one thing we’ve got to get out of our system.”
    These excuses sound all too familiar. I hope they come out and destroy the Rams.
    Wide receiver Chaz Schilens, wearing black support hose on his surgically repaired left knee and walking with the help of a crutch, came into the training area entering the locker room and then thought better of it when he saw the assembled media.
    Still using a crutch?! See you around midseason Chaz!

Devilspawn is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Linebacker Quentin Groves felt the Raiders got away from what they do best
    I disagree. They still suck with the best of them.

Live.B.A.Raida is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by AutumnWind32 View Post

Still using a crutch?! See you around midseason Chaz!

He said he'll see ya too haha

Chairman of the Board
    Well they better put Sunday's loss behind them and focus on St. Louis...
    "You can't Appoint, Hire, or Declare Leadership" ~ Sonny Barger

"Al Davis thought all owners were dilettantes with a new toy. He said to me many times through the years that owners are often the problem with their franchises, that too many of them think they can run things when they cannot, and the teams that succeed are the ones where the owner hires the best people he can and turns the game over to them."

Chairman of the Board

leafs43 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    For being as flat as they were, maybe it was just an early game on the east coast.

Not making excuses, they are professionals and time shouldn't matter.

Rutcutter is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    Well they better put Sunday's loss behind them and focus on St. Louis...
    Yea cause the Rams didnt look as bad as we did!

raider84 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutcutter View Post
    yea but honestly i believe the titans are a way better team than arizona...titans have a better d not to mention the cardinals are not going to be as explosive on offense as previous years, kurt warner was a big loss for that team

speedkills is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutcutter View Post
    come on the rams were at home against a terrible team (cards are a 5 or 6 win team this year) you cant even compared

Hall of Famer
    The fact is this team does not do anything exceptional to overcome other parts of the teams weaknesses from the coaches on down.Coaches that are proven winners or co-ordinators brought up in long time solid organizations can get more out of less talent through preparation and schemes Shannahan,Belichec,Jeff Fischer,etc.Teams with a marque QBs can make up for for less talented offensive players by instilling confidence and making big plays at the right times and great receivers and offensive lines can make an average QB look great.As some others have said having a great defensive line that can stop the run and has a good pass rush can makeup for an average secondary.My point being we don,t excel at anything and until we get some truly elite coaches to develop our talent things will never change!How many players come to Oakland as free agents and good reputatations for making plays only to suck once they get here?How many players leave and while maybe not being stars can salvage there career and be serviceable somewhere else?When,s the last time we developed our own talent that became one of the top 5 players at his position?This team will continue to suck until things change from the top down.I like big Al but it all starts with him and unfortunately I don,t see that happening anytime soon.

RAIDER951 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v4jGSvxCRp4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v4jGSvxCRp4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

eckerbecker is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    A session of Ouija board should be of some help for the team still trying to make a sense out of the spectacular opener! (Week 1 against a tough and hungry team like the Titans: Why not just admit that they were not game-ready and got clobbered by someone who showed up? Nothing complicated about explaining the loss.)

Thread Information