Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to tell a real jersey from fake?

101proofRdrFan is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

How to tell a real jersey from fake?

Always looking for new gear on a budget. Wondering what i should look for.Logos, letter size, sewing pattern or measurments? Thanks

Hall of Famer
    If it doesn't have the NFL shield at the collar then it is for sure a fake
    "The massive Raider Nation is beyond doubt the sleaziest and rudest and most sinister mob of thugs and wackos ever assembled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie Mckenzie
    The Raiders organization, with respect and deference to all its tradition and history, is about to embark on a new era...As we embark on this new era of change, one thing will remain constant and that is our Commitment to Excellence
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us special thanks to Ayso

Norm81 is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Try this site

NFL Jersey Fan Paradise

It's UK based and they guy who runs it is a Bills fan (nice guy tho, so I won't hold it against him) but it's got a couple of really good sections about telling the difference between real and fake jerseys.

He helped me sort out getting an official Howie Long premier jersey from Ebay. It a lot harder to get jerseys over here in the UK so its helped me out a load.

JQNJRaider is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    The numbers always tell you. If they are thin, then it is a fake for sure.

Hall of Famer
    A summer of boredom lead me to buying a ton of jerseys over the past 4 months, three of which are fakes.

The quality of the tailoring on the numbers and patches, plus accurate colour matching on the silver numbers are the surest give aways....the trouble is when you buy online you are 99% not looking at a photo of the actual item you will end up getting....

If any one wants some cheap fake authentics you are welcome to PM me for more details and photo's....

I have an Aso white 50th Anniversary throwback - excellent quality, only problem is they haven't colored matched the throwback numbers correctly, but you would have to hold it side by side with a real 50th throwback jersey to tell, which I have (they used standard Raider silver)

White 1980 Plunkett - very good, except they added Rebook patches on the the sleeves on a supposed Mitchell and Ness jersey, doh! You could unpick them I guess.

Black Zack Miller - ok, except the stitching on the NFL shield and AFL 50th patch is low quality.

In my mind as long as you know what you are buying then fine, I only got pissed as the sellers of these three "guaranteed" all were genuine
    Proudly representing Raider Nation in the UK since 1984.

Worrier is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Any #2 jersey you see is fake.

Hall of Famer
    If you are buying an authentic for $75 it's a fake. Frankly, stay off of e-bay...well I got a throwback tatum from nick's sports barn or something and that was an authentic mitchell and ness, but you have to be really careful.

You get what you pay for and no one is selling authentic jersey's dirt cheap.

Before you challenge the Raider Fans to sell out the Colisseum or say the locals don't support the team Please Read Raider187's extremely informative post: http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakl...ance-woes.html

ismail86 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Anyone have any reccomended sites for cheap jerseys?

RaiderTank is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjayboogie View Post
    If you are buying an authentic for $75 it's a fake. Frankly, stay off of e-bay...well I got a throwback tatum from nick's sports barn or something and that was an authentic mitchell and ness, but you have to be really careful.

You get what you pay for and no one is selling authentic jersey's dirt cheap.
    Post of the Day!
    Couldn't have said it any better Jay...

Worrier is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I saw the best fake game jersey I've ever seen in a Guatemala City flea market. It had all the logos and the right material. FBI would not question it in a reputable store. Vendor asked $30, I could have bought it for $20.

That's the "authentic" you get on ebay.

losdogdagreat is online now Limited Membership
    Veteran
    I would agree that if it's cheap, it's fake. Now, I for one don't mind buying a fake if it looks real enough. I am 450 lbs and the DO NOT sell jersey's in may size so I take what I can get. I am curious, is there really a reason not to buy a jersey that looks exactly like the real thing? I guess you would then not be supporting the team/NFL with you money, but other than that, what do people think?

davey_cart is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Sorry to take this thread slightly off topic guys, but does anyone know if Exclusive Pro Sports still provide the customization process for Authentic jerseys ordered from Raider Image?

jraider1982 is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    When deciding to purchase an authentic jersey, be aware of the price. Many authentic jerseys usually retail for approximately $205.00. If you notice someone selling it for $45-$75, it is probably fake.

Look at the letters, numbers, and logos. If they appear "bubbly" it is another sign that it is fake. The letters and numbers should feel smooth and thin.

A few of the worst fakes are the replica bodies with numbers sewn on, these are easy to spot as the back is longer than the front, known in the trade as the droptail. These also have dazzle material side panels
    Others have inferior quality materials and stitching, which is why the seller won't send you a close up picture. Now Reebok also use factories in the far east and South America and their stitching can also leave a bit to be desired. I know for example that the Bears jerseys nearly always have the wrong font on the shoulders. That's Reebok for you.
    Authentic jerseys have spandex sidepanels, just like the game jerseys made by Ripon in Berlin, USA ( the Reebok logo is stitched on afterwards on a gamer by Ripon). Fakers know this and put it in so it's only a guide.

gtrplyr1970rr is offline Limited Membership
    Bench Warmer
    Quote Originally Posted by davey_cart View Post
    Sorry to take this thread slightly off topic guys, but does anyone know if Exclusive Pro Sports still provide the customization process for Authentic jerseys ordered from Raider Image?
    Yes. I just ordered the custom Seymour jersey I have on in my pic from Raider Image and it was done by EPS. It is by far the best Authentic I own. Do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY from NFL Shop if you want a jersey. They use Stahl's and it is horrible. The numbers are bubbly and cheap.

gtrplyr1970rr is offline Limited Membership
    Bench Warmer

Angry

By the way, anyone like me and hate the Raider jerseys that are made with the fat chest numbers and small sleeve numbers? Can't for the life of me figure out why Reebok don't always use the real font on their jerseys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information