Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just meet Rich Gannon @ La guardia airport in New york!!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderwerewolf View Post
    HUH? The D knowing our o inside out and jumping routes had nothing to do with it? Good god the ignorance.
    Seriously. I put this on the coaching staff for not completely changing things up KNOWING that Gruden knew our offense so well. I believe to this day if we'd ran the ball 30 times we'd have won because we were bigger up front. Oh well. ****. I hate even thinking about that day. It took me two years before I could watch another football game.

Rich is one of my favorite players because he demanded accountability from his offensive players. I saw some of that in Gradkowski last year and I hope Campbell can bring it, too.

paul0660 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    we'd have won because we were bigger up front.
    Without Robbins, I don't know if that applies. Anyway, it was a cluster****.

Gannon always led by example, and tried his best. Davis and Herrara dissing him was one of the biggest disappointments of the off season.

Raiders OK with Russell, still mad at Gannon - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group

Could they get it ANY MORE WRONG?

“It’s Rich that needs the help,” Herrera said. “When he goes on a radio show offering Mr. Davis help, Tom Cable help, the Raiders help, maybe it’s Rich that needs the help.”

Chairman of the Board
    Blog Entries
    Good story bro. Airports are good places to spot and meet people. I met Al Davis at the oakland airport about 4 or 5 years ago. It was an interesting experience.
    There is only one thing I don't like about Colorado

BVJ
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by coloradoraider View Post
    Good story bro. Airports are good places to spot and meet people. I met Al Davis at the oakland airport about 4 or 5 years ago. It was an interesting experience.
    Do tell.

s_adams66 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BVJ View Post
    Do tell.
    Agreed. Please.

And to the OP...awesome story.

Melvin McDougal is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Congrats but Gannon is far too classy for this franchise.

fad
    Hall of Famer
    cool story, I would love this to happen to me! Rich Gannon is actualy the one who made me fall in love with the game of football and the Raiders.

FELIX MITCHELL is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    pic needed asap

#32 Allen is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I was very happy that he got the mvp award. too bad he couldnt take the beating vs Ravens in championship game. anyway, that is cool you met him. you havin fans desperate for the pic.

Hall of Famer
    Gannon is super nice, the dude took the time to hand write me a letter 2 years ago. Even the envelope is framed lol.

16 to 88 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderjc View Post
    Hey guys i hardly post anything ....i just like to read your comments...but i had to post this one...so i am droping my girlfriend off at the airport and i am standing while she is getting screened. I see this tall white guy with nfl serius shirt looks fit...im thinking to my self i know this guy. So i called out his Name " Rich Gannon?" He says he how are you...i said great man its an honor to meet you one of the best qbs in raider history. he replied ahh thanx man.. i asked him if he didnt mind me taking a pic with him he said sure why not pulled out my blackberry and bang got the pic ..will post it soon at work rite now..I asked him man why dont you come and coach the raider qb ..he said yea i would like that ..they need alot of help at that postion. He said well you never know...maybe he was just trying to make me feel better ...told him i was a die hard raider and gannon fan. So he was like ok bro have to run and get my plane so i call my girl who knows about my passion for the raiders and i told her the guy behind you use to be mvp and qb for the raiders. So she said My boyfriend loves the raiders..and big admrier of you ..he said ..ohh that was him back there ..he is a nice guy" .....so thats my little story was pretty cool...and Gannon is a very nice guy wish him the best. Sorry guys will post the pic up soon at the office sucky part is i was cheezing to hard in the pic..guess i got a bit excited.
    Nice. Good to hear bro. Looking forward to the pic.

Loved Gannon and the fire he brought as a QB.
    Quote Originally Posted by paul0660 View Post
    Without Robbins, I don't know if that applies. Anyway, it was a cluster****.

Gannon always led by example, and tried his best. Davis and Herrara dissing him was one of the biggest disappointments of the off season.

Raiders OK with Russell, still mad at Gannon - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group

Could they get it ANY MORE WRONG?
    Uh... uh... where did this come from?!

Talking about Gannon and the guy meeting him.

More agenda oriented posting?

But seeing as you have decided to “cast a stone”, I would like to point out to you that as wrong as Herrara was so was Gannon. Who, OBTW, started it all in the first place by taking to the airways with his discontent.

I found it incredulous that Gannon would go onto a radio show to LAMENT the fact that they he was rejected in private. Love Gannon, but that particular move was amateur (being nice here).

I also find it noteworthy with 32 teams out there that although Gannon talks a good coaching game he has yet to... you know... actually coach one.

Chiefhater is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Did he mention anything about Fukking up our SB by throwing like 5 picks 3 that went for TD's.....
    So Al Davis does post on these forums. How are you doing sir?

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefhater View Post
    So Al Davis does post on these forums. How are you doing sir?
    "Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are."

All-Pro
    pics please

trueraiderfan17 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Did he mention anything about Fukking up our SB by throwing like 5 picks 3 that went for TD's.....
    dude i cant believe you went their. we would have never even came close to what we did those years without gannon their. did you forget who was coaching on the other sideline????

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information