Thread: Can Mario be super?

Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Veteran

Can Mario be super?

Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Pro Bowler
    I hope so. And I sure ain't giving up on him yet.

According to ProFootballFocus, Mario Henderson was first in QB Hits allowed, second in QB Pressures allowed and shared a seventh place in sacks allowed. Not good, but Mario allowed 8 sacks with Russell and Gallery as his LG for only six games or so. Bryant McKinnie allowed 9 sacks with Steve Hutchinson at his side, a ******* runninggame and freakin' Brett Favre at QB..

ProFootballFocus.com - By Position
    "The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary." - Vince Lombardi

2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    I will be happy if Mario can be very good. If Gallery stays healthy it will help Super Mario out. Like I have been saying this is the position (actually the whole O Line that has not been addressed for the present) is the weakest link on the team. TIME WILL TELL
    PIRATE GUY I'M IN
    2014 OAKLAND RAIDERS: BUILDING THE FUTURE ONE PIECE AT A TIME

"Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon." John Madden
    Join our Social Group: House of Thrills Tailgating Crew. Post your pics. Tell us your experiences.
    http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/groups/house-thrills-tailgating-crew.html

Hall of Famer
    The fortification of the OL seems to be one more year away unfortunately. I think with one more offseason coupled with the rooks grabbed this year gaining a year under their belt, the OL will be solidified in 2011. The Raiders did address many weaknesses this offseason but I guess there is only so much they could do. OL remains a weakness.

As for this year coming, one can only hope that the line stays healthy since there is no depth, and that the retreads play surprisingly well while the rooks are quick learners. The OL will probably place limits on the effectiveness of the overall offense in 2010. Unless of course there are surprise stories that occur like the one suggested in this article. If Henderson surfaces as a legitimate, solid LT, that will go a long way to helping the unit become respectable. That said, there are still other question marks along the line. Center? RG? RT? The two rooks may be answers at RG and at RT? But one would be reaching if they thought they could answer that call this upcoming this season, let alone in the future.

I am still hoping that the Raiders find a vet that comes in and fills a hole for at least a year till next offseason when I believe the OL will become the main priority.

Hall of Famer
    To come back from the depths of scrubhood that he achieved last year would be miraculous......Stangely if he does, people will credit Gallery for it--I won't!
    Time will tell

The Iconoclastic Raider in T-town

Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidermofojeff View Post
    To come back from the depths of scrubhood that he achieved last year would be miraculous......Stangely if he does, people will credit Gallery for it--I won't!
    Time will tell
    You know I had a conversation with Tom Cable in 2008 after he took over the team and he had some very disconcerting things about Mario. Thus the reason that Kwame Harris was kept as a starter. When I talked to him again last season he was much more positive about Mario's progress but still had some reservations. We shall see how this works out.
    PIRATE GUY I'M IN

Join our Social Group: House of Thrills Tailgating Crew. Post your pics. Tell us your experiences.
    http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/group.php?groupid=10

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider Ran View Post
    I will be happy if Mario can be very good. If Gallery stays healthy it will help Super Mario out. Like I have been saying this is the position (actually the whole O Line that has not been addressed for the present) is the weakest link on the team. TIME WILL TELL
    I agree that Gallery will help Henderson..I just don't agree with the people whom imply that the difference is night and day...Henderson needs to be able to beat the guy lined up in front of him, no excuses..I'm pretty sure you would agree. I completely agree with your comments about the O-line.

The Iconoclastic Raider in T-town

Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidermofojeff View Post
    I agree that Gallery will help Henderson..I just don't agree with the people whom imply that the difference is night and day...Henderson needs to be able to beat the guy lined up in front of him, no excuses..I'm pretty sure you would agree. I completely agree with your comments about the O-line.
    I answered your PM.
    PIRATE GUY I'M IN

YoungLegend is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    I don't buy the whole it's cause of Gallery absence he failed last year I think it has to do with him putting the work in the film room and not putting the work in the weight room he is just not strong enough.And hopefully this year he spent more time in the film room and in the weight room since Hue Jackson bringing some power scheme to the line.I have hope that he can be good cause he has showed that he can be good in the 08 season but 2010 will be his make or break year with Campbell and Veldheer waiting in line next.

Best case scenario Henderson plays good at LT Campbell and Veldheer so promise at RG and RT

Worst case scenario Henderson fails and either Campbell or Veldheer move to LT and sadly that really might be the best case scenario

or24 is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    He's a good athlete but his footwork is just horrible at times. Watch the very solid job he did on Shawn Merriman in week 1 and then watch just about any other week. Huge difference...

Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by or24 View Post
    He's a good athlete but his footwork is just horrible at times. Watch the very solid job he did on Shawn Merriman in week 1 and then watch just about any other week. Huge difference...
    This has been Tom Cable's problem with him. He said one week Mario will look great the next week he will get owned. From all reports he is working hard to get better of course there is only so much he can do, the rest is mental and talent. Hope it works out for him.
    PIRATE GUY I'M IN

Thread Information