Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Schilens out until training camp

Hall of Famer

Schilens out until training camp

The “procedure” Chaz Schilens underwent following the season on his left foot was significant enough that the wide receiver will probably be out until training camp.

Schilens, as he did during the mandatory minicamp, was a spectator as his teammates went through warmups, drills and team sessions.

That means the Raiders aren’t confident enough about Schilens’ condition to even allow him to run patterns against no defenders, fearful the pushoff could result in a setback. Schilens originally broke his foot during training camp last year on just such a maneuver _ pushing off on a pass route.
    Schilens out until training camp - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group

Hall of Famer
    This is precisely why I am in favor of signing T.O. Schilens has been injured in each of his first two season and he is hurt again. We can't expect DHB and Murphy to hold it down by themselves.

We have to make a move. We are very far from being set at WR.

RaiderNation7 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Every time I hear a story about Schilens being hurt it makes me like the guy less and less. If he can't stay healthy, then CUT HIS ASS. Granted that he is an ok receiver when he is healthy but the thing is he is hardly EVER healthy. I say get rid of him and bring in T.O., atleast Owens can stay healthy.

RAIDERSUBEEZY is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Sign Terrel Owen...

Hall of Famer
    Anyone still opposed to signing TO right about now?

UptownXguy3 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    what's his injury now....well I guess it gives the chance for Ford, DHB, and murphy to improve their game.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNation7 View Post
    Every time I hear a story about Schilens being hurt it makes me like the guy less and less. If he can't stay healthy, then CUT HIS ASS. Granted that he is an ok receiver when he is healthy but the thing is he is hardly EVER healthy. I say get rid of him and bring in T.O., atleast Owens can stay healthy.
    He's cheap and he's probably our best receiver.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTautumnWINd View Post
    He's cheap and he's probably our best receiver.
    I wouldn't call a guy that never gets on the field because he's always hurt our BEST receiver. Our best receiver isn't even a receiver at all. Zach Miller is the best receiving target we have, second place would have to go to Louis Murphy, just my honest opinion.

Hall of Famer
    We should sign T.O....regardless but this drives the point home...

Chaz is a 6th or 7th round pick...dude is ridiculously cheap...so there's no way we cut him...we shouldn't.

Before you challenge the Raider Fans to sell out the Colisseum or say the locals don't support the team Please Read Raider187's extremely informative post: http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakl...ance-woes.html

speedkills is online now Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    Blog Entries
    talk about over reaction on this page, it sounds very pre cautionary rather than anything else and I say good let him be at full strength for training camp rather than risking anything in OTAs which really dont amount to a hill of beans.

Hall of Famer
    Surprise, surprise.. he is hurt? At this rate I'm going to get more plying time than he does.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

RaidamanI is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by speedkills View Post
    talk about over reaction on this page, it sounds very pre cautionary rather than anything else and I say good let him be at full strength for training camp rather than risking anything in OTAs which really dont amount to a hill of beans.
    i agree. they are just playing it safe with him. he'll be ready to go by training camp.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RaidamanI View Post
    i agree. they are just playing it safe with him. he'll be ready to go by training camp.
    yeah, he'll be ready by training camp but how long will he STAY healthy? Do you think Vegas would take bets on how long it takes for Schilens to get hurt?? It's gotta be a lock that he's hurt before the season starts.

R8drTahoe is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by speedkills View Post
    That's what I'm sayin'...

LOL at these "cut him" dudes. Gimme a break. F Terrell Owens too, how much did he help out the cowboys his last couple years? How much did he help out the Bills? Oh, both those teams cut his azz and don't want him back?

Hall of Famer
    "Cut him" is extreme...

But we're talking about a wide receiver that has now had 2 surgeries on the same foot injury...an injury that occurred while pushing off of the ground while running a route.

How much time has he already missed because he pushed off of the ground wrong while running a route?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information