Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Schilens out until training camp

DreDay707 is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderwerewolf View Post
    HUH? Injured or not, in less then half starts Chaz nearly had the same amount of catches as Murphy, he is our best receiver, a little discouraging about the injury, but he will be ready by camp/

Again with the Gross exaggerations, he has had ONE injury, this procedure was planned as a follow up and is just precautionary. He will be ready for camp. If he gets injured again then I will start to worry.
    Why put our selves behind the 8 ball. I would sign someone now, if Chaz does get hurt and we look to FA we will get fleeced cause we wont be holding all the cards then! You think 5mil is too much for T.O, if Chaz goes down then we may end up paying 6-7mil!!!

Raiderwerewolf is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDay707 View Post
    Why put our selves behind the 8 ball. I would sign someone now, if Chaz does get hurt and we look to FA we will get fleeced cause we wont be holding all the cards then! You think 5mil is too much for T.O, if Chaz goes down then we may end up paying 6-7mil!!!
    My post had nothing to do with TO, at all. I am just saying how grossly blown out or proportion Chaz injury is, he has had one since being a raider.

I have always said I am for signing To to a sensible contract, chaz or not. Again, my post was about the perception chaz is someone a walking injury, nothing about signing To or not.

Hall of Famer
    My post had nothing to do with TO, at all. I am just saying how grossly blown out or proportion Chaz injury is, he has had one since being a raider.

I have always said I am for signing To to a sensible contract, chaz or not. Again, my post was about the perception chaz is someone a walking injury, nothing about signing To or not.
    You said if he gets injured again then you will worry, well im just saying why wait till then? Not really directed at you just repling to what was being said. I dont care if its T.O or Coles, etc. Im just saying if you look at our WR's we need some one who is solid who can get the job done that doesnt need exp!!!

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    wtf

this nigga steady gets injured

Hall of Famer
    almost all injuries are blown out of porportion by fans.

There is being injured and always being hurt. To me thats a big difference!

There is also getting injured and always having the same recurring injury!

RickyRich is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Man, this is like groundhog day. This kid is never healthy. I think Chaz has shown flashes but we have barely seen him play!!

He is always hurt and its frustrating. The problem is that we always rely on him to be healthy and it doesn't seem like we have a backup plan.

Our receiving core is still very young and unproven. We really do need someone to step up. I guess the one positive is that they won't have JR throwing to them anymore so that should bring EVERYONE's numbers up!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Towner13 View Post
    This is the post that touches the key details here, with only one thing to add.

It sounds like many of you are not familiar with stress fractures and/or metatarsal injuries.

Which is not a statement to brow beat you for not being, but I have not seen any post that comes to divulge actual knowledgeable info regarding the healing process of a metatarsal that was fixed by a pin being inserted.

I have had a stress fracture and had to consider pinning it or the longer, less guaranteed version of natural bone generation healing.

My understanding is that Chaz merely had the pin removed, which was always on the schedule. (Can someone help confirm this)

What I do know, is that once you get the pin removed, you want to allow several weeks of COMPLETE isolation of the bone (no impact) to allow the pin holes to naturally fill. This helps to get the metatarsal back to a 100% fix... No lingering complications once you take this route.

For those of you who HAVE experienced these sort of injuries... You know... THEY SUCK. They don't hurt that bad. They are nagging and you feel like you SHOULD be able to run on it, but then your foot just doesn't let you, depsite the pain being COMPLETELY tolerable. it pissed you off.

Give this scenario a break... No pun intended

Some of ya'll need to step back off the ledge with regard to Chaz.

He is doing the right things (on HIS ONLY injury in the NFL by the way) to make sure he is ready to go for Training Camp...

Chill out.

In the words of Alan Iverson... "We Talkin bout Practice."
    Man, awesome post.

Being a medical student this is spot-on. Also, I'm almost positive I broke one of my phalanges on my left foot last year. The Dr. said it was just a sprain, so I wrapped it and took it easy for 6 weeks. A year later, I feel fine 99% of the time, but anytime I do anything athletically streneous, I feel it the next morning.

Sounds like Chaz is just being smart.

RaiderMac is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawdzilla View Post
    No, he wasn't hurt in his 1st season. He just wasn't a starter until week 8 or 9. And he isn't "hurt again", he is just resting up from a follow-up procedure from his 1st and only injury.

But they're all stories about the same injury!

He has only had 1 injury in the time he has been on the Raiders.

People are WAAAAY over reacting. Every time they mention something about it, it is like people think he got a new injury or something. No, this is R&R for the follow-up to his first and only injury in the NFL. Cable just said, and rightly so, that rushing him back to voluntary camps is simply unnecessary and they're just taking every possible precaution. Michael Bush sat out his whole rookie season even after having already rehabbed for a year from his broken leg, and people weren't calling him fragile.

Give the guy a break, sheesh. All this attention they're drawing to it is making the situation seem much more concerning than it actually is.
    Actually, Chaz did get hurt during his first season in the NFL. It was an ankle injury after the Baltimore game in 2008 that affected his overall game.

Itís Chaz vs. Crabtree, not DHB - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group

"After starting in Weeks 7 and 8 and catching a 60-yard pass against Baltimore, Schilens had an ankle injury and didnít catch a pass for six weeks despite being active in each game. In the last two games, Schilens caught six passes for 98 yards and two scores."

What many here are ignoring is the fact that this was last year's injury in 2009 that he had surgery on. This isn't a new injury.....

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderMac View Post
    Actually, Chaz did get hurt during his first season in the NFL. It was an ankle injury after the Baltimore game in 2008 that affected his overall game.

What many here are ignoring is the fact that this was last year's injury in 2009 that he had surgery on. This isn't a new injury.....
    Another thing people are missing is that he missed 4 games (I think it was 4) his senior year with a foot injury. This is not his first foot injury.

2007 - Missed 4 games with foot injury
    2008 - Barely played for 6 weeks, getting no catches, because of ankle injury
    2009 - Missed 8 games (originally said he was only going to miss 4) with foot injury
    2010 - So far has missed minicamp and all OTAs recovering from foot injury that occurred a year ago.

I basically posted this as an FYI. No overreaction, just a statement of facts. Calls to cut him are ridiculous, but pretending he hasn't been injury prone is even MORE RIDICULOUS.

What do you call a guy that hasn't finished a full productive year in 3 years due to injuries? INJURY PRONE.
    Last edited by Moriarty; 05-20-2010 at 11:09 AM.

Hall of Famer
    HUH? Injured or not, in less then half starts Chaz nearly had the same amount of catches as Murphy, he is our best receiver, a little discouraging about the injury, but he will be ready by camp/
    Chaz is without a doubt our best receiver right now.

Again with the Gross exaggerations, he has had ONE injury, this procedure was planned as a follow up and is just precautionary. He will be ready for camp. If he gets injured again then I will start to worry.
    He's had 3 separate injuries in 3 years going back to college, and in what is now the 4th year is still recovering from an injury that's almost a year old.

Mick is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTautumnWINd View Post
    This is precisely why I am in favor of signing T.O. Schilens has been injured in each of his first two season and he is hurt again. We can't expect DHB and Murphy to hold it down by themselves.

We have to make a move. We are very far from being set at WR.
    what about Miller? maybe they can move him from TE to WR?

Bench Warmer

What makes him the Raiders' best receiver?

Are we saying if Lou Murphy started his pro career at the same as "good foot" he wouldn't have more catches or yards or be a better wr? Schilens is a newer version of Javon Walker!!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    Another thing people are missing is that he missed 4 games (I think it was 4) his senior year with a foot injury. This is not his first foot injury.

2007 - Missed 4 games with foot injury
    2008 - Barely played for 6 weeks, getting no catches, because of ankle injury
    2009 - Missed 8 games (originally said he was only going to miss 4) with foot injury
    2010 - So far has missed minicamp and all OTAs recovering from foot injury that occurred a year ago.

I basically posted this as an FYI. No overreaction, just a statement of facts. Calls to cut him are ridiculous, but pretending he hasn't been injury prone is even MORE RIDICULOUS.

What do you call a guy that hasn't finished a full productive year in 3 years due to injuries? INJURY PRONE.
    Good post. It does show a concern towards him staying healthy, when you calculate his college years also..

Gawdzilla is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderMac View Post
    Good post. It does show a concern towards him staying healthy, when you calculate his college years also..
    Of course he was completely healthy for his other 3 years in college. Missing 4 games total in a college career is not what I'd necessarily call "injury prone".

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawdzilla View Post
    Of course he was completely healthy for his other 3 years in college. Missing 4 games total in a college career is not what I'd necessarily call "injury prone".
    The fact that you tried making a case that injuries weren't a problem is false, its learning about a players injury history status and evaluating the problems he continues to go through even today.

Has Chaz been injury prone over the last 3years, he has regardless of the spin most want to try and use, however; as I stated before this was an injury from last year that he got surgery on just this year. I'm not sure if that was related to those posters who thought this was another injury, to which I defended on Chaz's part...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information