Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Raiders: Ice Cube, ESPN fumbles documentary

Hall of Famer
    Ted Nugent being interviewed by a British journalist.
    The journalist asked, "What do you think the last thought is in the head of a deer before you shoot it? Is it, `Are you my friend?` or is it `Are you the one who killed my brother?'"

Nugent replied, "They aren't capable of that kind of thinking. All they care about is, 'What am I going to eat next, who am I going to screw next, and can I run fast enough to get away. They are very much like the French in that way."

JQNJRaider is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider Ran View Post
    "When you played for Oakland, you played to win and you played tough. It's not something the coaches teach or talk about. It's just there, like in the air. It's an attitude. You're going to hit people and smash them if you're an Oakland Raider." -- Phil Villapiano
    Awesome quote, and even a more of a sick man( In a good way, lol). I see him every now and then at this Italian restaurant/bar in Nutley, NJ called Terazza's and my man still has the I won't bite, I'm a tough ass, type of attitude. First of all the one time I approached him, we just started going through our bad run and he wasn't happy, but being a true North Jersey Raider Italian, he said nothing. I formed my opinion on the fact, that every time I asked Mr V, what do you think about our Head coach, he would say, I don't know about that kid ( Lance at the time). LOL. He also is a very successful business man around here and would never bite his lip for Mr. Davis, although he made it clear in one outing, how much respect he has for him, and the whole Raider organization. Just thought I'd share.

JQNJRaider is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by XRamfan View Post
    That picture is pretty funny. Coming from my neck of the woods, i have gotten three responses.......1.He ain't no Raider fan(my white friends).........2.He ain't no Latin King(my Puerto Rican friends)........3.He's a fake ass nigga(my black friends). I hope no one takes offense to what I'm saying, but that is what their saying, and I can't say that I disagree.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by corleone View Post
    I have to agree. . .I had to turn it off about half way through, as it really wasn't about the raiders at all, rather a documentary on NWA.
    The title of the documentary is "Straight out of LA" Not straight out of the raiders, or straight out of oakland. It was not promoted as "Raiders" documentary. I specifically saw a promotion that stated this, " a documentary about the west coast hip hop movement in los angeles in the early 80's and how the raiders influenced and captivated the movement" Why is every one needing this to be all about the raiders. It's not, and wasnt promoted as such. Get ova it, and take it for what it is. It's an interesting perspective on a critical time in Los Angeles history.
    www.AdvancedVideoAssist.com
    --------------------------------------------
    Video
    1st. Round: Mack/Clowney/Watkins/Robinson
    2nd. Round: Mettenburger

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by JQNJRaider View Post
    Awesome quote, and even a more of a sick man( In a good way, lol). I see him every now and then at this Italian restaurant/bar in Nutley, NJ called Terazza's and my man still has the I won't bite, I'm a tough ass, type of attitude. First of all the one time I approached him, we just started going through our bad run and he wasn't happy, but being a true North Jersey Raider Italian, he said nothing. I formed my opinion on the fact, that every time I asked Mr V, what do you think about our Head coach, he would say, I don't know about that kid ( Lance at the time). LOL. He also is a very successful business man around here and would never bite his lip for Mr. Davis, although he made it clear in one outing, how much respect he has for him, and the whole Raider organization. Just thought I'd share.
    I had the pleasure of meeting him once and he was one of the coolest guys right up there with Cliff Branch,.

Thanks to Blackhole John for the sig!!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRaider2010 View Post
    Why is every one needing this to be all about the raiders. It's not, and wasnt promoted as such.
    Who said anyone NEEDED it to be all about the raiders? Dude said he turned it off when he saw it wasn't all about the Raiders, he's not allowed to turn it off?

Why does it hurt your feelings so much that this guy turned off a television program he didn't like?

Get ova it.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    Who said anyone NEEDED it to be all about the raiders? Dude said he turned it off when he saw it wasn't all about the Raiders, he's not allowed to turn it off?Why does it hurt your feelings so much that this guy turned off a television program he didn't like?
    Get ova it.
    He said it in his post. Are you blind, or do you just like to cherry pick words to make an attempt at a moronic point. your attempt failed. I dont care if he turns it off or not. But when it was not promoted as a raider documentary, and I'm seeing a lot of people saying its not enough about the raiders, then I'm reminding people its not a raider documentary. dont put words into my mouth, did i say anywhere that it hurt my feeelings. uh NO. so why post words just to be combative and dont have a point. LAME.

And in general my post was in response to the theme of many posts in this thread. for example

Raidershawns post - " to much ice cube, not enough raiders"
    Corleone - " It really wasnt about the Raiders at all "
    Okie - " Supposed to be primarily about the raiders"

So Moriarty, to quote the big lebowski, " you're out of your element"
    get ova it
    with your intellect, your coming to a gun fight with a rock.
    give it up!!!!
    www.AdvancedVideoAssist.com
    --------------------------------------------
    Video
    1st. Round: Mack/Clowney/Watkins/Robinson
    2nd. Round: Mettenburger

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider Ran View Post
    "When you played for Oakland, you played to win and you played tough. It's not something the coaches teach or talk about. It's just there, like in the air. It's an attitude. You're going to hit people and smash them if you're an Oakland Raider." -- Phil Villapiano

"When I played for the Oakland Raiders they were the team people loved to hate. I don't know if it was a reflection of the cast of characters we had there or if it all started with Al Davis. I do know that Oakland was a blue collar town that appreciated our brand of football. We always had a huge and loyal following in Oakland." - Ken Stabler

'In football, I root for the Oakland Raiders because they hire castoffs, outlaws, malcontents, and f*ck -ups, they have lots of penalties, fights, and paybacks, and because Al Davis told the rest of the pig NFL owners to go get f*cked... Someday, the Raiders will be strong again, and they will dip the ball in **** and shove it down the throats of the wholesome, white, heartland teams that pray together and don't deliver late hits’ – George Carlin

Oakland had so many renegades that when Ted Hendricks was acquired in 1975 he said, "Everywhere else I've played I've been known as colorful. But around here, I'm quite boring."
    ^^^THIS^^^

Disclaimer: Any of my comments posted here are not directed at any RFN members. It's just my opinion.

http://youtu.be/d29VsG35DQM
    Practice?

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRaider2010 View Post
    He said it in his post. Are you blind, or do you just like to cherry pick words to make an attempt at a moronic point. your attempt failed. I dont care if he turns it off or not. But when it was not promoted as a raider documentary, and I'm seeing a lot of people saying its not enough about the raiders, then I'm reminding people its not a raider documentary. dont put words into my mouth, did i say anywhere that it hurt my feeelings. uh NO. so why post words just to be combative and dont have a point. LAME.

And in general my post was in response to the theme of many posts in this thread. for example

Raidershawns post - " to much ice cube, not enough raiders"
    Corleone - " It really wasnt about the Raiders at all "
    Okie - " Supposed to be primarily about the raiders"

So Moriarty, to quote the big lebowski, " you're out of your element"
    get ova it
    with your intellect, your coming to a gun fight with a rock.
    give it up!!!!
    LOL.

Feelings = hurt.

Get ova it.

2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by JQNJRaider View Post
    Phil is real nice guy. He is a die hard Raider fan to this day. He was out here in Oakland for the Mecca Weekend opening weekend. He was off the chain.
    PIRATE GUY I'M IN
    2014 OAKLAND RAIDERS: BUILDING THE FUTURE ONE PIECE AT A TIME

"Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon." John Madden
    Join our Social Group: House of Thrills Tailgating Crew. Post your pics. Tell us your experiences.
    http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/groups/house-thrills-tailgating-crew.html

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information