Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Louis Murphy on Sirius' "Late Hit" last night

dtbat is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Louis Murphy on Sirius' "Late Hit" last night

Let's get this out of the way first: Murphy said that he's praying that JaMarcus can get on with someone and get his life together.

On to the Raiders:

Murphy said that he's been working on getting better and that through watching film he's found that he needs to clean up some things in his route running and recognition of what defenses are doing to them. He said that Jason Campbell and the receivers are watching film together and that they are communicating on how they would like to attack defenses and ball placement versus certain coverages. He said that Hue Jackson's offense will encompass more motion than what they did last season. He said that it should help them with their releases from the LOS and that they never did much motion last season. He said that Jason Campbell has been exhibiting leadership and communicated with the team that he's here to help this team get to the playoffs and eventually win a championship. Finally, and what's probably most important, the team has been spending more time together going bowling, catching movies, etc. in an attempt to foster more team camaraderie. He sounded really excited about the upcoming season.

Okie is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Great news! I try not to get to excited about things in the offseason simply because its all good until the first, 3rd or 11the 11th loss. Thats when we see what kind of character this team really has developed.

Good to hear them pulling together and damn nice to hear a QB taking charge.

Raiderwerewolf is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by dtbat View Post
    Let's get this out of the way first: Murphy said that he's praying that JaMarcus can get on with someone and get his life together.

On to the Raiders:

Murphy said that he's been working on getting better and that through watching film he's found that he needs to clean up some things in his route running and recognition of what defenses are doing to them. He said that Jason Campbell and the receivers are watching film together and that they are communicating on how they would like to attack defenses and ball placement versus certain coverages. He said that Hue Jackson's offense will encompass more motion than what they did last season. He said that it should help them with their releases from the LOS and that they never did much motion last season. He said that Jason Campbell has been exhibiting leadership and communicated with the team that he's here to help this team get to the playoffs and eventually win a championship. Finally, and what's probably most important, the team has been spending more time together going bowling, catching movies, etc. in an attempt to foster more team camaraderie. He sounded really excited about the upcoming season.
    What does Jamarcus have to do with anything? Of course he wishes no i'll will to JR, he sucked as a player but he is a human being, not sure what that has to do with anything.

The little things like the team bonding can go a long way, if a team is together, they will play for each other, and it will show on Sundays if they have each others backs.

Hall of Famer

On to the Raiders:

Very cool. Thanks for the summary!

raiderroo is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    Good stuff. The film study together should help Campbell and the WRs be on the same page.

dtbat is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderwerewolf View Post
    What does Jamarcus have to do with anything? Of course he wishes no i'll will to JR, he sucked as a player but he is a human being, not sure what that has to do with anything.

The little things like the team bonding can go a long way, if a team is together, they will play for each other, and it will show on Sundays if they have each others backs.
    This guy just can't seem to help himself...he just has to suck the life out of a thread. The JaMarcus stuff was part of the interview. Surely you would have to realize that the topic would come up. Unbelieveable!

KensaiKatai is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Murphy's route running is bad, thank you for acknowledging it Murphy. you are great in a great many other things but for the love of god fix your route running.

ahhh more motion!! thank the heavens!! motion is a GREAT thing. it should be used on almost EVERY play in my opinion. I believe in a quick run offense and having as much time to adjust at the line of scrimmage as possible (think peyton manning), the more time to motion the better. It puts the defense at a huge disadvantage in SO MANY ways...as far as to being able to place the strongside of the formation to quicker release to reading zone and then flooding it..etc, etc. the run game and the pass game...MOTION!!

Also glad to hear the team is spending time together. It goes a long way towards getting everyone on the same page. This team is making real strides and Murphy seems to be doing and saying all the right things, can't wait to see how this translates on the field! it looks like we're in for a real treat this year.

11-5 Murphy! don't make me look stupid!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by KensaiKatai View Post
    Murphy's route running is bad, thank you for acknowledging it Murphy. you are great in a great many other things but for the love of god fix your route running.

ahhh more motion!! thank the heavens!! motion is a GREAT thing. it should be used on almost EVERY play in my opinion. I believe in a quick run offense and having as much time to adjust at the line of scrimmage as possible (think peyton manning), the more time to motion the better. It puts the defense at a huge disadvantage in SO MANY ways...as far as to being able to place the strongside of the formation to quicker release to reading zone and then flooding it..etc, etc. the run game and the pass game...MOTION!!

Also glad to hear the team is spending time together. It goes a long way towards getting everyone on the same page. This team is making real strides and Murphy seems to be doing and saying all the right things, can't wait to see how this translates on the field! it looks like we're in for a real treat this year.

11-5 Murphy! don't make me look stupid!
    Yeah, the one worry I have is coaching to be honest, if we run out with the same vanilla on o and D with no imagination (Man to man, lack of imagination on offense), we are to easy to exploit and gameplan for. This IMo will make or break our seaosn more then anything else.

Chiefhater is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Thanks for the info. It all sounds positive to me. Nice to hear that they are forming that bond, and hopefully it will carry over onto the field.

RyanDaRaider is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    Louis Murphy Baby!

Hall of Famer
    Good read! It seems that this team is finally getting things right. Team comraderie can lead to good things. IMO, this team is a year or two away from doing real good things.
    The road to redemption has begun.....

cheapshotartist is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    This guy just can't seem to help himself...he just has to suck the life out of a thread. The JaMarcus stuff was part of the interview. Surely you would have to realize that the topic would come up. Unbelieveable!
    I was thinking the same thing, Russell is a human being so what's wrong with Murphy showing some concern? Some "fans" need to remember that Football is just a game and that the players are no different than we are. They have the same problems that the rest of us have.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, Russell is a human being so what's wrong with Murphy showing some concern? Some "fans" need to remember that Football is just a game and that the players are no different than we are. They have the same problems that the rest of us do.
    I guess you missed the part where I said :

"Of course he has no ill will towards Russell outside of football he is a human being".

maybe understand a post before commenting next time.
    Last edited by Raiderwerewolf; 05-11-2010 at 08:18 AM.

cheapshotartist is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderwerewolf View Post
    I guess your bipolar disorder makes you not to be able to comprehend English, I guess you missed the part whre I said :

"Of course he has no ill will towards Russell outside of football he is a human being".
    I suggest you read the site rules and stop your grade school name calling. I read your entire post and responded.

TerryDizzle is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

On to the Raiders:

seems all around the team is excited finally to go to work..hearing about them watching film is big..i dont remember hearing that previously..
    It also sounds like our OC has addressed some key issues getting off the line is one of them. What that also tells me is with motion and help off the los we will be seeing a quick pass attack and passing more to get the quick first down instead of always trying to go downtown. Maybe with this also we will see a Mcnabb/westbrook type attack with Mcfadden..

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information