Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: Not so fast....

  1. #1
    RaiderMac is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    5,665

    Not so fast....

    ESPN feels strongly both ways - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group

    A day after John Clayton reported the Raiders were preparing to cut JaMarcus Russell, Adam Schefter is reporting through his Twitter account that Russell is expected to attend this weekend’s minicamp and compete for his job.


    I’m pulling for Schefter on this on this one.

    An interesting minicamp becomes even better if Russell takes the field.

    How does he look? Is he throwing the ball better than he did at last year’s minicamp? How many snaps does he get as compared to Jason Campbell, Charlie Frye and Kyle Boller?

    My understanding is that Russell is in the building today, working out. That make sense. He’s still employed by the Raiders until told otherwise and stands to make at least $3 million.

  2. #2
    OaklandRdr's Avatar
    OaklandRdr is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,396
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderMac View Post
    ESPN feels strongly both ways - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group

    A day after John Clayton reported the Raiders were preparing to cut JaMarcus Russell, Adam Schefter is reporting through his Twitter account that Russell is expected to attend this weekend’s minicamp and compete for his job.


    I’m pulling for Schefter on this on this one.

    An interesting minicamp becomes even better if Russell takes the field.

    How does he look? Is he throwing the ball better than he did at last year’s minicamp? How many snaps does he get as compared to Jason Campbell, Charlie Frye and Kyle Boller?

    My understanding is that Russell is in the building today, working out. That make sense. He’s still employed by the Raiders until told otherwise and stands to make at least $3 million.
    I agree with you. I think the Raiders want to give him the final "eye ball" test to see if he would actually be able to compete for a spot on the roster, which will only be granted if he restructures his contract to league minimum. Since that wont happen, and Russell will ultimately be an utter failure as usual, the chop comes down right after or even during mini camp. Just a little more humiliation for Russell to go through. Deservingly so.

  3. #3
    RaiderNation7 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    211
    I'm praying that he doesn't make it to mini-camp even

  4. #4
    UglyDuck's Avatar
    UglyDuck is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Petaluma
    Posts
    2,186
    Uh-oh.... here comes, "Help...my back! I've fallen and I can't get up! Well, guess I'll have to go on IR at full salary...."

  5. #5
    KensaiKatai is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    5,685
    I've been saying that if i were the Oakland Raiders I would wait until the last possible second to cut him given what was already invested it only makes sense.

    I would want to make sure that I'd expended all other resources to make sure this kid wasn't capable of turning it around. And at the last second, if I was sure he couldn't, then I'd cut his fat a^^.

    As much as we may know.... we really don't know anything...we have to wait to see how this one plays out but i'm pretty sure 99.9% of us are all on the same page and want him gone before he can do any further damage to this football team. On the other hand, I'm a strong believer in second chances, and he IS only 24 years old.

    As far as being on the same page, I hope the same thing can be said for the players that are on this football team. Coaches have a lot of work to do.

  6. #6
    ced113 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    353
    Al is killing me !!!!

  7. #7
    RaidamanI's Avatar
    RaidamanI is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    hmb, ca
    Posts
    708
    he has to be taking a pay cut. are the raiders obligated to announce pay cuts?

    Otherwise, the risk is to big on him injuring himself and getting all that money.

  8. #8
    HitStick's Avatar
    HitStick is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,698
    Quote Originally Posted by KensaiKatai View Post
    I've been saying that if i were the Oakland Raiders I would wait until the last possible second to cut him given what was already invested it only makes sense.

    I would want to make sure that I'd expended all other resources to make sure this kid wasn't capable of turning it around. And at the last second, if I was sure he couldn't, then I'd cut his fat a^^.

    As much as we may know.... we really don't know anything...we have to wait to see how this one plays out but i'm pretty sure 99.9% of us are all on the same page and want him gone before he can do any further damage to this football team. On the other hand, I'm a strong believer in second chances, and he IS only 24 years old.

    As far as being on the same page, I hope the same thing can be said for the players that are on this football team. Coaches have a lot of work to do.
    I agree with this and posted something similar in another thread. Continuing to pay him the millions for underachieving is appalling. If he can resign to a league minimum and once and for all shows that he is the fvck-up that he is then you cut him loose with minimal loss.

    I would love nothing more for him to be gone, but this organization has to handle this in a practical matter.

  9. #9
    HBD's Avatar
    HBD
    HBD is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    CT.
    Posts
    7,839
    Quote Originally Posted by UglyDuck View Post
    Uh-oh.... here comes, "Help...my back! I've fallen and I can't get up! Well, guess I'll have to go on IR at full salary...."
    Hope he doesn't slip on a Skittles wrapper !

    .
    ################################################## ####################################

    • Get yer bets in Early boys ... the Odds will never again, be this high.


  10. #10
    VEfreak's Avatar
    VEfreak is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,362
    Quote Originally Posted by UglyDuck View Post
    Uh-oh.... here comes, "Help...my back! I've fallen and I can't get up! Well, guess I'll have to go on IR at full salary...."
    They'd give him a full medical evaluation. If they couldn't find anything wrong with him there is no way they would fork over 6.5 million dollars.

  11. #11
    vegasraider26 is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The 702
    Posts
    4,164
    Quote Originally Posted by VEfreak View Post
    They'd give him a full medical evaluation. If they couldn't find anything wrong with him there is no way they would fork over 6.5 million dollars.
    He can EASILY claim a "neck injury" or "back injury" since there is no real way you can PROVE somebody DOESN'T have a neck or back injury. If somebody is swearing they're "feeling pain", you must assume they're injured. I've seen people win injury cases all of the time saying they really are "in pain". The only way you can PROVE somebody isn't in "pain" is if you step into their body and feel what they're feeling. Trust me, this guy can EASILY complain of "pain" related to a football injury and still find a way to get his money.

    But you know the best way to avoid ALL of this potential turmoil?..........................CUT HIS STUPID ASS NOW!!!!!!!!!.................and the problem would be solved

  12. #12
    romeo13's Avatar
    romeo13 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,163
    Whats really bad is the messege this sends the REST of the Team.

    Don't work... be a lard ass... and still get paid.

    I know if I was one of the borderline players trying to make the roster... it would sure piss me off.

  13. #13
    vegasraider26 is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The 702
    Posts
    4,164
    Quote Originally Posted by romeo13 View Post
    Whats really bad is the messege this sends the REST of the Team.

    Don't work... be a lard ass... and still get paid.
    Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner. People don't realize just how NEGATIVELY this would impact the rest of the players on this team that have been busting their ass. But do you think Davis cares about this VERY important aspect?..................hell no, never has and never will.

  14. #14
    HorrorSCope's Avatar
    HorrorSCope is offline
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    19,412
    If there ever had to be inside news that comes true, it has to be this! Don't fail us!

    I can't help but think Jatwinkies has a behavior like some gov't workers. Look for every benefit and take advantage of each and every one and make sure to cover their ass if ever questioned. Some say that's smart, other have morale issues with it and realize society would collapse if everyone did it. Sort of how rich become rich, they only do deals that only benefit them, little care for anything else. Perspective can greatly effect how you judge behavior like this.

    But if he comes up lame and we are stuck with him and we could have released him? I'm going to honestly snicker at the ole man being fooled again, come on this ain't the 50's this is the "I'm out for me 2000's".

    Jatwinkies to me is exactly the employee you have to watch for pulling something like this. He's been plotting with his agent on the next move, it's no surprise to anyone he's dangling and they've been talking or you at least have to assume they have, plotting, frikin plotting.

  15. #15
    RaiderTantrum's Avatar
    RaiderTantrum is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    834
    Maybe I will never attend another Raider game until Russel is off the roster

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •