Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not so fast....

ecnirp is offline Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by KensaiKatai View Post
    I've been saying that if i were the Oakland Raiders I would wait until the last possible second to cut him given what was already invested it only makes sense.

I would want to make sure that I'd expended all other resources to make sure this kid wasn't capable of turning it around. And at the last second, if I was sure he couldn't, then I'd cut his fat a^^.

As much as we may know.... we really don't know anything...we have to wait to see how this one plays out but i'm pretty sure 99.9% of us are all on the same page and want him gone before he can do any further damage to this football team. On the other hand, I'm a strong believer in second chances, and he IS only 24 years old.

As far as being on the same page, I hope the same thing can be said for the players that are on this football team. Coaches have a lot of work to do.
    I want him gone as well. But the mere fact that he is only 24 means that there could be redemption. Maybe sitting behind Manning for a couple years couple do him some good. Or being a project of Bill Bellicheat in New England. I dont know.

Either way. I think if he finds ANY success it wont be on the Raiders. Not a good match. And its highly unlikely he finds success anyplace else, but you never know..

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by ecnirp View Post
    Either way. I think if he finds ANY success it wont be on the Raiders. Not a good match. And its highly unlikely he finds success anyplace else, but you never know..
    Raider's aren't a good match for anyone if you don't try and pretty sure that works for anywhere. I hear though the Colts and Pats run a much less complex offense. LMFAO.

ecnirp is offline Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by HorrorSCope View Post
    Raider's aren't a good match for anyone if you don't try and pretty sure that works for anywhere. I hear though the Colts and Pats run a much less complex offense. LMFAO.
    How do you know he doesnt try? His work ethic sucking doesnt mean he didnt try during the games. He could just be an immature jerk that figures it out later on in life.

And again SITTING AND LEARNING for a couple of years behind great QBs and in great organizations..... You never know.

People would call you CRAZY if they told you Jim Plunkett would win 2 Super Bowls after his stinkfest in New England and San Fran.

But oh well. Im tired of the JaMarcus topic. Lets just be done with him and cut him.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by ecnirp View Post
    How do you know he doesnt try?
    You're right he's just dumb and it's not his fault he's dumb, it's Al's. You're right.

I don't know I just seem to categorize him as a certain type and that is one that really had little intention of doing his best, just take the money and run. He has the opportunity to prove me right or wrong, still.

I just don't seem him now trying more when making much less.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderMac View Post
    How does he look? Is he throwing the ball better than he did at last year’s minicamp? How many snaps does he get as compared to Jason Campbell, Charlie Frye and Kyle Boller?
    These aren't interesting questions. We already know the answer to all of them.

Chiefhater is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I hope that JaMarcus hasn't come to his senses, or has been talked into restructuring by the old man. Even if JaMarcus doesn't start, he'll be taking away a valuable roster spot from someone more deserving.

RedNeckRaider is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderMac View Post
    ESPN feels strongly both ways - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group

A day after John Clayton reported the Raiders were preparing to cut JaMarcus Russell, Adam Schefter is reporting through his Twitter account that Russell is expected to attend this weekend’s minicamp and compete for his job.

I’m pulling for Schefter on this on this one.

An interesting minicamp becomes even better if Russell takes the field.

How does he look? Is he throwing the ball better than he did at last year’s minicamp? How many snaps does he get as compared to Jason Campbell, Charlie Frye and Kyle Boller?

My understanding is that Russell is in the building today, working out. That make sense. He’s still employed by the Raiders until told otherwise and stands to make at least $3 million.
    Screw that worthless dump be rid of him. This has been a very solid off season and well thought out moves have been made. On the fluke and I mean fluke this fat ass half wit gets his act together let it be somewhere else.

angryandy062 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Russell's like a turd that won't flush !

s_adams66 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasraider26 View Post
    He can EASILY claim a "neck injury" or "back injury" since there is no real way you can PROVE somebody DOESN'T have a neck or back injury. If somebody is swearing they're "feeling pain", you must assume they're injured. I've seen people win injury cases all of the time saying they really are "in pain". The only way you can PROVE somebody isn't in "pain" is if you step into their body and feel what they're feeling. Trust me, this guy can EASILY complain of "pain" related to a football injury and still find a way to get his money.

But you know the best way to avoid ALL of this potential turmoil?..........................CUT HIS STUPID ASS NOW!!!!!!!!!.................and the problem would be solved
    Plus the Raiders would have to fight the NFLPA if he says he gets hurt and the Raiders argue the other way. Right?

Worrier is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    It's logical. We're not paying him anything over his guarenteed 3mill untill and unless he's on the roster after training camp. He needs to restructure and get in shape or he's gone.

Let's see if he can loose 12-15 (1lb a week) between now and the start of camp. That would get him in the 285 range and it's possible that by mid season he could actually be physically able to play.

Love how people are already ripping the Raiders for flip floping when it's the mediots not the Raiders that are fliping back and forth. Can't understand how posters actually believe what ESPN says after all the past misinformation.

vegasraider26 is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by angryandy062 View Post
    Russell's like a turd that won't flush !
    LMFAO!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information