Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Haynesworth for Seymour...

Hall of Famer

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by hmmm! View Post
    why the hell would washington trade haynesworth AFTER paying him that insane bonus?
    Well they were trying to trade him for McNabb, but the Eggles didnt want his contract. And plus he's not a 3-4 NT. Should be interesting..

If Al were to somehow pull this off, I would be ecstatic! Although I wont be holding my breath..but would be pretty sweet

gator_mclusky is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    If Grad is QB.......Seymore will have a stand out season!!!

gator

Heart of Oak is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Slump View Post
    Sure he can play DE or UT in a 4-3, but he's most productive as a 3-4 DE.

He's not really fast enough to apply pressure coming off the edge as a 4-3 end, and at 6'6" 300 he isn't going to eat up space and plug the run like a NT (which is what our defense needs).

It's kinda like when we traded for Sapp and tried to make him a 3-4 DE.
    While I agree that he is probably at his best in a 3-4, I think the problem has been that we have taken a 3-4 RE and tried to play him as a 4-3 RE. In the 4-3 the RE is (usually) the premium pass rusher and at 310lbs he doesn't have the pace of a more prototypical 4-3 RE.

If we could acquire Haynesworth for a pick, we play him and Kelly in the middle, move Seymour to LE (a position where players tend to be that little bit bigger and slower anyway), and move Shaughnessy to RE. Shaughnessy, while seen as a LE by many would fit the RE mould better than Seymour I think, and a D-line of...

Seymour - Haynesworth - Kelly - Shaughnessy

..would be, simply put, the best in the league. We would have three players in Seymour, Kelly and Haynesworth who command double teams which means that an opponent would need seven guys to block us!!! Not to mention the over / under looks we could give with Scott and Wimbley.

Hall of Famer

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Oak View Post
    While I agree that he is probably at his best in a 3-4, I think the problem has been that we have taken a 3-4 RE and tried to play him as a 4-3 RE. In the 4-3 the RE is (usually) the premium pass rusher and at 310lbs he doesn't have the pace of a more prototypical 4-3 RE.

If we could acquire Haynesworth for a pick, we play him and Kelly in the middle, move Seymour to LE (a position where players tend to be that little bit bigger and slower anyway), and move Shaughnessy to RE. Shaughnessy, while seen as a LE by many would fit the RE mould better than Seymour I think, and a D-line of...

Seymour - Haynesworth - Kelly - Shaughnessy

..would be, simply put, the best in the league. We would have three players in Seymour, Kelly and Haynesworth who command double teams which means that an opponent would need seven guys to block us!!! Not to mention the over / under looks we could give with Scott and Wimbley.

good shiit my friend!!! I'm telling you..if Al were to SOMEHOW pull this off..my goodness!!!

Raider3:16 is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran

That trade

is something you might do on a video game or something. But not in real life.

Slump is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider3:16 View Post
    is something you might do on a video game or something. But not in real life.
    Well, you don't see too many player-for-player trades in the NFL. Usually it's players for picks.

blah_blah is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidermofojeff View Post
    Seymour fits great in the 4-3....come on...Haynesworth is younger.....Seems lately people are down on Haynesworth and last year during the offseason he could walk on water.....Has Albert been found to be lazy or something?
    I know he was hurt when we played the Skins....

I don't know enough of the facts, but on the surface this sounds like a good trade.......though I know only hypothetical stuff.
    Haynesworth wasn't hurt
    just took a lot of plays off.

perfect example was the Detroit game
    I think it was 2nd quarter or something he got carted off the field.. I thought to myself.. wow he is really hurt..

he came back later to play..
    the official reason?

Exhaustion.. he was too tired to play.. and had to be carted off.

he takes plays off.. and a lot of it. Frequently taking himself out of games.

AirRaiders is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I have a better trade for us Aso for Haynesworth! We absolutely need to trade Aso now if he isn't going to sign long term we either trade him now or we lose him for nothing. Aso is a great player but he isn't worth top 5 QB money. After this year we must pay him top 5 QB money to keep him.

Shannahan has praised Aso for years so it would definately peak his interest and Snyder has the money to pay Aso.

So we get maybe the best 4-3 NT in the NFL signed for at least 3 years for a great CB that we'll probably lose anyway next year or will have to pay way more then he is worth. Also, if you look at last year when Aso was out it didn't really make a huge difference. You can hide an average CB with a great D line and Seymour and Haynesworth would have the makings of a great D Line. Get a good MLB and we would have a great Run D.

I know some of you are going to say no we can't get rid of Aso but the writing is on the wall he hasn't signed a long term deal and he simply isn't bigger then the team and worth top 5 QB money remember a QB has the ball in his hands on every offensive snap a CB can be avoided on the field no matter how great he is he can be eliminated from the game.

Raider3:16 is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran

Now that would be

Quote Originally Posted by AirRaiders View Post
    I have a better trade for us Aso for Haynesworth! We absolutely need to trade Aso now if he isn't going to sign long term we either trade him now or we lose him for nothing. Aso is a great player but he isn't worth top 5 QB money. After this year we must pay him top 5 QB money to keep him.

Shannahan has praised Aso for years so it would definately peak his interest and Snyder has the money to pay Aso.

So we get maybe the best 4-3 NT in the NFL signed for at least 3 years for a great CB that we'll probably lose anyway next year or will have to pay way more then he is worth. Also, if you look at last year when Aso was out it didn't really make a huge difference. You can hide an average CB with a great D line and Seymour and Haynesworth would have the makings of a great D Line. Get a good MLB and we would have a great Run D.

I know some of you are going to say no we can't get rid of Aso but the writing is on the wall he hasn't signed a long term deal and he simply isn't bigger then the team and worth top 5 QB money remember a QB has the ball in his hands on every offensive snap a CB can be avoided on the field no matter how great he is he can be eliminated from the game.
    a great trade. You're right about Aso. Might as well deal him now then to lose him for nothing ala Woodson.

AirRaiders is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider3:16 View Post
    a great trade. You're right about Aso. Might as well deal him now then to lose him for nothing ala Woodson.
    Love Aso but he either needs to be resigned or he has to go. His money is already way too high don't need to pay a CB that type of money and with him we are drafting in the top 10 each and every year. Teams simply avoid him and run all over us.

Hall of Famer
    Got to keep big Sey! He's one of our few leaders who knows what it takes to win at the highest level...

And let's bring in Hayneswoth...

Big Sey and Big Al on the Dline! Oh god! That is Beasty... You got to think our run d would be solid...

Hall of Famer

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by heart of oak View Post
    while i agree that he is probably at his best in a 3-4, i think the problem has been that we have taken a 3-4 re and tried to play him as a 4-3 re. In the 4-3 the re is (usually) the premium pass rusher and at 310lbs he doesn't have the pace of a more prototypical 4-3 re.

If we could acquire haynesworth for a pick, we play him and kelly in the middle, move seymour to le (a position where players tend to be that little bit bigger and slower anyway), and move shaughnessy to re. Shaughnessy, while seen as a le by many would fit the re mould better than seymour i think, and a d-line of...

Seymour - haynesworth - kelly - shaughnessy

..would be, simply put, the best in the league. We would have three players in seymour, kelly and haynesworth who command double teams which means that an opponent would need seven guys to block us!!! Not to mention the over / under looks we could give with scott and wimbley.
    this

CHAMPION316 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    With the contract that dude has yea w/e

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by blah_blah View Post
    Haynesworth wasn't hurt
    just took a lot of plays off.

perfect example was the Detroit game
    I think it was 2nd quarter or something he got carted off the field.. I thought to myself.. wow he is really hurt..

he came back later to play..
    the official reason?

Exhaustion.. he was too tired to play.. and had to be carted off.

he takes plays off.. and a lot of it. Frequently taking himself out of games.

Seems to be the story with a lot of the super talented DTs over the years......A couple Raiders come to mind.....Carted off for exhaustion! Wow...
    Thanks for the info.

The Iconoclastic Raider in T-town

101proofRdrFan is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by djh_raider View Post
    I agree. You do not weaken one area to strengthen another. Having Scott as an every down DE would mean teams would just run at him all day. He is a situational pass rusher if he plays DE.

As for Haynesworth, if he can be had for a 2nd round pick, the Raiders could look at one of their RFA LB's for him or, maybe, Huff. Or if the Raiders are looking at a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a DT, getting a proven guy like Haynesworth with a pick straight up would be fine.
    We would have too much money tied up in defense. Also if we cant get Seymour in a contract then we need to trade while we can get something in return. I tink Redskins are going to want a return on some of that bonus they just pain Hworth

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information