Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RB - J.Best (CAL) "I showed Raider speed"

RaiderMac is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer

RB - J.Best (CAL) "I showed Raider speed"

Updated: Quiet at Cal Pro Day - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group

Beat writer Steve Corkran reports the Raiders are represented by a single scout and none of the coaches at Cal’s Pro Day at Memorial Stadium.

Cal running back Jahvid Best will not run at the Pro Day, letting his 4.35 time in the 40-yard dash at the NFL scouting combine stand.

Best’s time was the fastest among all running backs, ahead of the 4.37 by C.J. Spiller.

For what it’s worth, and given the inexact science of NFL 40 times, Best’s time a fraction behind the 4.33 time by Darren McFadden at the 2008 combine.

At least year’s Cal Pro Day, coach Tom Cable and much of his staff were at Memorial Stadium, watching closely, in particular Cal center Alex Mack.

Mack was drafted by the Cleveland Browns in the first round and was a rookie starter.

UPDATE:

Speaking with reporters, Best said he talked with Raiders assistants Kelly Skipper (running backs) and Jim Michalczik (offensive line) at the combine and believes his 40 time met with their approval.

“They did interview me,” Best said. “I think I showed them Raiders speed.”

Possible draft day trade with one of our RB's like McFadden/or Bush???

We're looking by entertaining the idea of L.Johnson coming in as a Raider, maybe something big is going to happen with the RB position.....

pigspigs76 is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    I think Bush and Dmac are capable of 1500+ yards seasons.... just not with the Raiders....

JUNiOR CURT is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderMac View Post
    Updated: Quiet at Cal Pro Day - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group

Beat writer Steve Corkran reports the Raiders are represented by a single scout and none of the coaches at Cal’s Pro Day at Memorial Stadium.

Cal running back Jahvid Best will not run at the Pro Day, letting his 4.35 time in the 40-yard dash at the NFL scouting combine stand.

Best’s time was the fastest among all running backs, ahead of the 4.37 by C.J. Spiller.

For what it’s worth, and given the inexact science of NFL 40 times, Best’s time a fraction behind the 4.33 time by Darren McFadden at the 2008 combine.

At least year’s Cal Pro Day, coach Tom Cable and much of his staff were at Memorial Stadium, watching closely, in particular Cal center Alex Mack.

Mack was drafted by the Cleveland Browns in the first round and was a rookie starter.

UPDATE:

Speaking with reporters, Best said he talked with Raiders assistants Kelly Skipper (running backs) and Jim Michalczik (offensive line) at the combine and believes his 40 time met with their approval.

Possible draft day trade with one of our RB's like McFadden/or Bush???

We're looking by entertaining the idea of L.Johnson coming in as a Raider, maybe something big is going to happen with the RB position.....
    Anything is possible.. I think this team is better suited with a Jahvid Best type of Running Back.. then having Michael Bush. If we can get value for Bush then trade him.

Hall of Famer
    Best is a damn good prospect and rb and plays in the bay! If he slips to the 2nd although there's much more obvious needs to address wouldn't be a bad choice! Last Year I saw a fan with a RAIDERS Authentic # 4 BEST jersey if that carries any weight!

fad
    Hall of Famer
    I think it wont be hard for Jahvid Best to be better then McFadden!

2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho5150 View Post
    Best is a damn good prospect and rb and plays in the bay! If he slips to the 2nd although there's much more obvious needs to address wouldn't be a bad choice! Last Year I saw a fan with a RAIDERS Authentic # 4 BEST jersey if that carries any weight!
    Unless that fan was wearing a white jumpsuit I'm guessing this has little relevance.

fad
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho5150 View Post
    He could be a great pick in the 2nd round. The Titans got ripped for selecting Chris Johnson at the time but look at it now....

He could very well be what we wanted out of McFadden as a runner.

Evil Ryu is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    lol trade bush? we got him at a steal in the 5th round.

trade mcfadden? maybe if it meant improving the o line somehow.

draft jahvid best? chris johnson was way faster than this fool and doesn't have durability issues.

jahvid best already got a big time concussion in college...and what happens when he gets banged up forreal in the NFL? yikes.

Hall of Famer
    He wants to go @ #8 and get a huge payday.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Ryu View Post

draft jahvid best? chris johnson was way faster than this fool and doesn't have durability issues.

jahvid best already got a big time concussion in college...and what happens when he gets banged up forreal in the NFL? yikes.
    I agree; the Raiders need to start looking more into durability than raw stats. Injuries has plagued our poor team for sooo long.

RaiderMac is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    I like J.Best personally, if he's available in the 2nd round, it should be interesting to see if Al pulls the plug.

Cal's actually had some good RB's recently. I wanted M.Lynch in 2007, but it seems like he has some maturity issues and seems to be falling out of favor with the Bills.

silver & black is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    O line... D line...O/D line... O/D LINE...O/D LINE... O/D LINE...O/D LINE

None of it matters untill these are solid.

JUNiOR CURT is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Ryu View Post

First and foremost.. I don't think you know Jahvid Best well enough to be calling him a "FOOL" but I do agree with you on Bush being a steal.
    As you noted "We need to improve the O-LiNE", If a team is willing to give up a 2nd Round pick for Bush.. i'm sorry but if i'm Al Davis -- Bush is headed out of Town!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by pigspigs76 View Post
    I think Bush and Dmac are capable of 1500+ yards seasons.... just not with the Raiders....
    Yeah, not in the NFL either.

FELIX MITCHELL is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    wut a coincidence, right now I'm listening to
    mac dre - vallejo

Jahvid Best, Vallejo's finest.
    I hope he comes to OAKLAND.
    Imagine if he could play for his hometown team, that would be insanely sick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information