Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: That damn press release was incredibly vague IMHO

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Yep. I'm just waiting for the next 4-5 win season to be over with. This franchise is a car stuck in second gear, with a fried clutch... no use worrying about anything untill there is a change of the driver.
    ^^^That^^^

......and the blind Clueless driver continues to drive the wrong way down a one way street........
    In the Kingdom of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King.......
    “We’re not very good … We suck. I am embarrassed.” Charles Woodson....
    Counting the days until this regime is gone....

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by Bram Raider View Post

At the same time, I'm still highly disappointed. The playing staff were behind Cable (as far as we know, even if Louisville has questioned that!), but what conclusions will they draw from this silly game Davis has played? Will they remain fully behind Cable if they think, "Huh, huh, borrowed time!"? What about free agents?

Something stinks in Oakland.
    Has done for a long time.
    This is just another symptom of the dysfunction surrounding the organisation.
    I was becoming guardedly optimistic about the chances of improvement in 2010, but now I cannot escape the nagging feeling we'll see more of the same.

Free agents will want more $$ to come to this nightmare.......

The conclusions drawn?? That a certain someone is pulling the trigger on all decisions. But because that someone is blind. The gun barrel again is pointed at the Raiders head.......
    In the Kingdom of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King.......
    “We’re not very good … We suck. I am embarrassed.” Charles Woodson....
    Counting the days until this regime is gone....

TCRaider is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Why did the Raiders release a statement at all? Cable is under contract isn't he. The media is pushing for info because its a story that makes the media machine turn.
    There are still 4 teams playing football. Don't you think Davis would like to talk to Leslie Frazier, Clyde Christensen and Pete Carmichael Jr. or even Darrell Bevell and Brian Schottenheimer for various positions from HC, asst HC or OC.

Hall of Famer
    This could go on for a long time... There may be more candidates brought in...

I'm just waiting to hear them bring in Joe Lombardi next haha.

For all you nerds out there:
    01000111011011110010000001010010011000010110100101 10010001100101011100100111001100100001

Hall of Famer
    No crying going here... just recognizing the reality of the situation. Feel free to post any sarcasm toward me wish... I really don't care.
    I'm sure you don't care, and lots of others don't either. But there are also plenty of folks who don't care to log onto this site and see non-stop negativity in every damn thread on this board.

It's a wonder how some folks make it through life day to day the way they are always dwelling on something negative, and trying to spread their unhappiness to others.

It's a darn shame that there can't be a thread or discussion on this board without someone weighing in to repost some of the same old tired complaints and downer remarks.

I'm not picking on you in particular, but this is the reason some folks don't log on or post as much as they otherwise would.

I'm sure I'll be bashed for trying to be positive, but I have an optimistic view of life. Yes, there are things that I don't like, but unlike some folks I do try to make a POSITIVE difference. ANd I'm not out looking for an opportunity to rain on a parade.

As the old saying goes, if you can't say something nice sometimes it's best to just not say anything.

silver & black is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by LKNRaiderFan View Post
    I'm sure you don't care, and lots of others don't either. But there are also plenty of folks who don't care to log onto this site and see non-stop negativity in every damn thread on this board.

It's a wonder how some folks make it through life day to day the way they are always dwelling on something negative, and trying to spread their unhappiness to others.

It's a darn shame that there can't be a thread or discussion on this board without someone weighing in to repost some of the same old tired complaints and downer remarks.

I'm not picking on you in particular, but this is the reason some folks don't log on or post as much as they otherwise would.

I'm sure I'll be bashed for trying to be positive, but I have an optimistic view of life. Yes, there are things that I don't like, but unlike some folks I do try to make a POSITIVE difference. ANd I'm not out looking for an opportunity to rain on a parade.

As the old saying goes, if you can't say something nice sometimes it's best to just not say anything.
    Be as positive as you like, I won't bash you for it. I will just say that this is a forum for OPINIONS to be expressed. The better part of this decade hasn't lent itself to finding much to be positive about, as far as the Raiders go... and in my OPINION, the future doesn't look too good concerning the Raiders either.

When the team has been as bad as it's been for most of the decade, you might as well get used to quite a bit of negative feedback and opinions. You might as well resign yourself to the fact that the "nay" posters are going to be the majority over the "yay" posters untill this franchise gets it's s**t together. If you don't like reading all the negativity, I suggest you just skip over the threads you don't like, or stop coming here untill things get better. Whatever you decide, maybe you should take your own advice...

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by Bram Raider View Post
    Raiders predictably vague on Cable - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group

Read it carefully.
    You get at first glance the inevitable conclusion that Herrera is stating that Al Davis is still trying to decide whether Tom Cable would return.

Read it another way.
    Tom Cable is returning and we've never said anything else. At the moment Al Davis and Tom Cable are deciding a course of action for the 2010 season.

Read it yet another way.
    We have a lot of decisions to make in a number of areas of the organisation. These decisions are ongoing and will not be resolved quickly.

Okay, so if Cable is fired at a later date then Herrera can say the final evaluation lead him (Davis) to believe it was best to replace Cable. If Cable stays they say that Davis never had any intentions other than having Cable return in 2010. The evaluations were about the needs of the team in terms of the coaching staff, playing staff and the direction they needed to go in the draft and free agency.

Vague.
    I think that Cable is 99.9% certain to return. The longer this goes on the more I get the impression that when Al Davis made discrete enquiries about Trestman or Harbaugh joining he was politely rebuffed. At that stage he thought, okay, what needs doing in order to proceed? What coaches need replacing? At that stage he started looking around, obviously with the intention of bringing in an OC.

At the same time, I'm still highly disappointed. The playing staff were behind Cable (as far as we know, even if Louisville has questioned that!), but what conclusions will they draw from this silly game Davis has played? Will they remain fully behind Cable if they think, "Huh, huh, borrowed time!"? What about free agents?

Something stinks in Oakland.
    Has done for a long time.
    This is just another symptom of the dysfunction surrounding the organisation.
    I was becoming guardedly optimistic about the chances of improvement in 2010, but now I cannot escape the nagging feeling we'll see more of the same.

Really the only thing you can read into anything Herrera says is "BS, BS, BS, BS, BS, BS". Thats all he has ever said. He is the teacher from the peanuts cartoons. "Whop, whop, whop, whop".

Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    A lot of teams have released statements to say the coach is safe to remove any uncertainty. Three weeks after the season ends, the Raiders release a statement saying the coach isn't safe, at least not yet. Spin it however you like, it's undeniably weird.

I truly hope someone on the inside eventually writes a book about the last years of the Al Davis era in Oakland. I would read that in a heartbeat!
    Last edited by madstork; 01-25-2010 at 05:10 AM.
    "He's relentless, shoot him in the head is the only way to stop him. If Howie's alive and still kicking he's coming."

-HOF guard John Hannah

Hall of Famer
    Be as positive as you like, I won't bash you for it. I will just say that this is a forum for OPINIONS to be expressed. The better part of this decade hasn't lent itself to finding much to be positive about, as far as the Raiders go... and in my OPINION, the future doesn't look too good concerning the Raiders either.

When the team has been as bad as it's been for most of the decade, you might as well get used to quite a bit of negative feedback and opinions. You might as well resign yourself to the fact that the "nay" posters are going to be the majority over the "yay" posters untill this franchise gets it's s**t together. If you don't like reading all the negativity, I suggest you just skip over the threads you don't like, or stop coming here untill things get better. Whatever you decide, maybe you should take your own advice...
    I don't mind folks expressing their opinion. But like I said before, there is NO NEED to post the same old tired NEGATIVE comments in every thread on this Board. How many times do we have to read the same remarks. Are some people just copying and pasting this stuff? It seems like it sometimes.

Readers can't generally "skip over the threads" that have negative crap in them because SOME people make darn sure their "opinion" is in every thread!

It's posts like your response that shows some folks just don't get it. So to use YOUR reasoning, why don't the folks who always have to include a negative comment in every thread simply quit coming until things get better for the team??? My guess would be because they love to be pessimistic.

silver & black is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    [QUOTE=LKNRaiderFan;3206517]I don't mind folks expressing their opinion. But like I said before, there is NO NEED to post the same old tired NEGATIVE comments in every thread on this Board. How many times do we have to read the same remarks. Are some people just copying and pasting this stuff? It seems like it sometimes.

Readers can't generally "skip over the threads" that have negative crap in them because SOME people make darn sure their "opinion" is in every thread!

It's posts like your response that shows some folks just don't get it. So to use YOUR reasoning, why don't the folks who always have to include a negative comment in every thread simply quit coming until things get better for the team??? My guess would be because they love to be pessimistic.[/QUOTE]

That's a valid point. The only answer to that I have is that we are all fans of this team. Because of that simple fact, we all come here and express our opinions... one way or the other.

Just as you get tired of the negative posts, a lot of us get tired of reading about how this team is "close", or just a player or two away from being a playoff team, etc... It really does go both ways. I guess we all just have to figure out how to live with it, or find other things to do, other than spend time here being aggravated.

Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    I don't mind folks expressing their opinion. But like I said before, there is NO NEED to post the same old tired NEGATIVE comments in every thread on this Board. How many times do we have to read the same remarks. Are some people just copying and pasting this stuff? It seems like it sometimes.

It's posts like your response that shows some folks just don't get it. So to use YOUR reasoning, why don't the folks who always have to include a negative comment in every thread simply quit coming until things get better for the team??? My guess would be because they love to be pessimistic.
    I get where you're coming from, and I am honestly one of the most optimistic people you'd ever want to meet. But there's optimism, pessimism, and realism. Realistically things don't look good and haven't for quite some time!

If I'm being optimistic i'll talk about the way the Raiders used to be and the way I hope they'll be in the future. But any realistic look at the organization now is certain to have an air of pessimism.
    "He's relentless, shoot him in the head is the only way to stop him. If Howie's alive and still kicking he's coming."

-HOF guard John Hannah

Hall of Famer
    Just as you get tired of the negative posts, a lot of us get tired of reading about how this team is "close", or just a player or two away from being a playoff team, etc... It really does go both ways...

ShadowRage41 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    I agree.

Raiderwerewolf is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    [quote=silver & black;3206585]

It's posts like your response that shows some folks just don't get it. So to use YOUR reasoning, why don't the folks who always have to include a negative comment in every thread simply quit coming until things get better for the team??? My guess would be because they love to be pessimistic.[/QUOTE]

That's a valid point. The only answer to that I have is that we are all fans of this team. Because of that simple fact, we all come here and express our opinions... one way or the other.

Just as you get tired of the negative posts, a lot of us get tired of reading about how this team is "close", or just a player or two away from being a playoff team, etc... It really does go both ways. I guess we all just have to figure out how to live with it, or find other things to do, other than spend time here being aggravated.
    Exactly, works both ways. not much to be positive about.

paul0660 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I thought the PR was pretty straightforward. They said "we don't know what we are doing, and it is none of your business anyway."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information