Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raiders adamant Jackson is O-coordinator candidate

Starter

Raiders adamant Jackson is O-coordinator candidate

Raiders adamant Jackson is O-coordinator candidate - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group

Raiders adamant Jackson is O-coordinator candidate

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
    Friday, January 22nd, 2010 at 12:38 pm in Oakland Raiders.

A pair of Baltimore area reports have Ravens quarterbacks coach Hue Jackson in Oakland not only as a candidate for offensive coordinator, but head coach as well.

Both the Carroll County Times and the Baltimore Sun reported Jackson could ascend to the top job.

Raiders senior executive John Herrera, however, said Jackson was in town to discuss the job of offensive coordinator.

“I would vociferously deny that any head coaching interviews are taking place while (Davis) is still meeting with Tom Cable,” Herrera said.

Jackson’s contract status is not known, but he was allowed to interview for the 49ers offensive coordinator job last season while under contract with Baltimore. Coach Mike Singletary even brought back Jackson for a second interview, but in a mild surprise, instead selected Jimmy Raye to run the 49ers offense.

In other news, the Raiders are finalizing an agreement with Mike Waufle to return as defensive line coach. Waufle coached at Cal from 1992 through 1997 and with the Raiders from 1998 through 2003. Swept out with much of Bill Callahan’s staff, Waufle was hired by the New York Giants, with his shining moment coming following the 2007 season when his unit dominated the unbeaten New England Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Waufle was fired following the 2009 season as part of a Giants shakeup. He has almost exclusively coached four-man lines, which seem to rule out any chance the Raiders would switch to a 3-4 defense.

The Raiders made no announcement regarding the status of incumbent defensive line coach Dwaine Board, but chances are he will be in Mobile, Ala., for the Senior Bowl next week, still under contract with Oakland but with permission to look for another job.

The contracts of assistant coaches Aaron Pelch (special teams), Rich Scangarello (quality control offense) and Bert Leone (quality control defense) were not renewed, although it’s not inconceivable they could return unless they find other employment first.

What's Hue's 40 time?
    Last edited by Dr. Death; 01-22-2010 at 01:10 PM.

2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    vociferously - good word!!

Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Why do liars always resort to "Big words" to attempt to lend more substance to their lie????

It would be like coming home from a strip club and answering the question of "Why do you smell like a stripper" with:

"Honey, please understand that the aromatic condition of my ensemble is derived by virtue of being unwittingly radiated by the woman at the Macy's perfume counter."

I promise.

Herrerra = LIAR.
    --------------------------------

"We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out”

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by Towner13 View Post
    Why do liars always resort to "Big words" to attempt to lend more substance to their lie????

It would be like coming home from a strip club and answering the question of "Why do you smell like a stripper" with:

"Honey, please understand that the aromatic condition of my ensemble is derived by virtue of being unwittingly radiated by the woman at the Macy's perfume counter."

I promise.

Herrerra = LIAR.
    I love your avatar... please do not change.
    Go Raiders.

raidertone is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Towner13 View Post

I promise.

Herrerra = LIAR.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Death View Post
    The contract of assistant coach Aaron Pelch (special teams)... was not renewed.
    [/B]
    If he was responsible for the kickoff return team, then he should be sent to the Siberian Front immediately.

Geez what an awful unit we fielded this year. I've never seen such ineffective blocking and slow runbacks.

RaiderMac is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    The best option for this franchise is at least to keep Cable for one more season and hire Jackson on as OC. He could be promoted next year if Cable fails, so it's more of a win/win situation for continuity with Cable staying.

It does look more and more like Cable is HC with Jackson as OC. However, does anyone know what type of offensive background he would bring to Oakland?

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LKNRaiderFan View Post
    If he was responsible for the kickoff return team, then he should be sent to the Siberian Front immediately.

Geez what an awful unit we fielded this year. I've never seen such ineffective blocking and slow runbacks.
    Surprised Al doesnt want to resign him and extend his contract.
    I mean Al is trying to lose, right?

RaiderMac is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by LKNRaiderFan View Post

This is all of Al's fault, Brian Schneider was a very good spteams coach and is one of the top spteam coaches in the country on both level's of college/pro, however; Al's refusal to pay coaches what they deserve has been very evident over the years.

Schneider has tutorial's on how he design's his coverage team's to attack in all of his coverage/return games.

Brian Schneider DVDs, Videos & Books -- Championship Productions, Inc.

I plan on buying his video, dude has to be one of the best up-coming spteam coaches of his time......

CHUCKY is offline Limited Membership
    Bench Warmer

Cool

vociferously..wow, does anyone think that was his word or did Al tell him to use it to make it sound like hes really telling the truth this time?

Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by raidertone View Post
    [/B]

Back at ya,

However, I feel I should post a disclaimer on Herrerra's behalf stating that I fully understand he is 100% employed to be the Raider corporate liar.

I am sure he is paid well for all of his BS.

He should try and lock down a spot for the Jon Bovi Opposite band.

"Your hate is like GOOOOOD medicine. Good medicine is not what I need."
    --------------------------------

"We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out”

Hall of Famer
    Maybe the reason why its taking so many days to interview Jackson is because Jackson is trying to put a staff together...

Chances are Cable is gone and Jackson is the HC.

For all you nerds out there:
    01000111011011110010000001010010011000010110100101 10010001100101011100100111001100100001

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by dmauke View Post
    Maybe the reason why its taking so many days to interview Jackson is because Jackson is trying to put a staff together...

You can bloody wish it were so, and I'm 50:50 in supporting that wish, but my real feelings are this:

Al is out of his freaking mind. He acts as if the dwindling support of the team didn't happen. He acts as if he believes that people will keep supporting the Raiders no matter what. It isn't the freaking case Mr.Davis. A lot of the supporters are feeling letdown, upset and feel you don't have any idea what to do. They feel you are grasping at straws when you need a branch to stop you from drowning. They feel demoralised and frankly ambivalent towards the 2010 season. This isn't helping. Not helping at all.

We want to see clear direction.
    Not the dithering of an old man.
    The fans won't desert the Raiders, but you certainly won't get any new ones.
    And many fans cannot be bothered to pay to see the Raiders when they frankkly don't expect to see a better product.
    Nothing you are doing is helping.

Sorry Mr.Davis, but times have changed.
    Players don't want to play for you any longer.
    Coaches don't want to coach the Raiders any longer.
    And Fans don't want to pay to see the Raiders play any longer.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by dmauke View Post

I don't know. It also makes sense, if Cable is involved in these meetings, that he and Al are are both interviewing this guy for OC. We will know in a few days hopefully.
    "The proudness is Rich Gannon wore the famed colors silver and black for six years. He gave us something that we needed, and we needed it badly. He gave us a worker." -Al Davis

"Who runs this drill? The quarterbacks! We run the show! We make the big money! This is our party! You've got to take control!" -Rich Gannon

Kool-aid has always been a little sweet for me. I take mine with a grain of salt.

raiderrod is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    "I would vociferously deny that any head coaching interviews are taking place while (Al Davis) is still meeting with Tom Cable," club voice John Herrera said. We'd side with the Carroll County Times and Baltimore Sun's report.

Translation: Jackson was offered the HC position.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information