Thread: Trestman agent issues denial

RaiderMac is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer

Trestman agent issues denial

Trestman agent issues denial - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group

The agent for Montreal Alouettes coach Marc Trestman told the Montreal Gazette his client had not interviewed with the Raiders.

“All I can tell you is he’s the head coach of the Als,” Darren Weiner said. “He has not interviewed for any job, nor is he trying to position himself for any jobs.”

By “the Als,” we’re assuming Weiner means “Alouettes” as opposed to the Oakland Als (as in Davis).

Speaking of Davis, John Herrera was authorized to give a statement to the effect that the Raiders have not been interviewing head coaching candidates and that in fact Davis has had lengthy discussions with incumbent Tom Cable.

According to published and Internet reports, the Raiders have either contacted or interviewed Trestman, former Giants coach Jim Fassel and Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh. Fassel denied being contacted by the Raiders in an interview with Sirius Satellite Radio.

“The reports that we’ve interviewed prospective head coaches is totally untrue, totally false,” said Herrera, adding that those reports were were “absolutely untrue, false and completely irresponsible.”

(That’s right. Both absolutely untrue and false at the same time).

As for reports about potential assistants (line coach Mike Waufle, Ravens quarterbacks coach Hue Jackson), Herrera said, “A lot of people have called inquiring about coaching positions, as that’s par for the course at this time of the year.”

Herrera refuted reports that characterized Davis’ talks with Cable as “brief,” saying, “Mr. Davis has had meetings of substance and depth with Tom Cable since the season ended,” but stopped short of saying those meetings were evidence Cable will remain the coach during the 2010 season.

Basically, we’ve got denials all around, no one on the record and Cable still hanging in there, awaiting his fate, hoping to remain the Raiders head coach.

Chairman of the Board
    Hmmmmmm.... look like some media people look like asses right now or you can go the other way and say everyone but he media is full of ****. what ever your take is.

RaiderMac is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by LOUISVILLE R8R View Post
    Hmmmmmm.... look like some media people look like asses right now or you can go the other way and say everyone but he media is full of ****. what ever your take is.
    LOL, pretty much......

After ESPN broke the story about Hue Jackson interviewing for possible coaching position (OC), it seem's they got a bit carried away with the Fassel/Trestman interviews.......

Was that Chris Mortenson again, lol.........

Hall of Famer
    I don't buy it at all. Just like how we all didn't believe there were as many problems as advertised with Lane Kiffin. I have learned that where there is smoke there is USUALLY fire when it comes to the raiders. Maybe not everything is exactly as the media makes it sound but I'm sure there is some substance to it

Hall of Famer
    well remember...coaches coordinators can only be interviewed for head coach or coordinator/assistant coach gigs...it has to be a promotion...also you have to have permission to contact someone elses personel so when it's someone from another nfl team you can guarantee it's true...the media gets those dead on as there is a paper trail.

Now...for those not in the NFL...yeah..the media can speculate away.....

the other thing is Al allegedly calls coaches and chews the sh!t with them for hours and then calls that an interview...basically pics their brains..that is what he did with gilbride, I thought I read, last year. Basically Al was like...I interviewed gilbride and I think he said I just talked to them on the phone for a couple of hours...yada yada.

Before you challenge the Raider Fans to sell out the Colisseum or say the locals don't support the team Please Read Raider187's extremely informative post: http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakl...ance-woes.html

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by pantera55 View Post
    I don't buy it at all. Just like how we all didn't believe there were as many problems as advertised with Lane Kiffin. I have learned that where there is smoke there is USUALLY fire when it comes to the raiders. Maybe not everything is exactly as the media makes it sound but I'm sure there is some substance to it
    with the media in general...usually when they smell a trace of blood..they can get stuff started...like john edwards and his mistress...then they said baby mamma...and it came out...the media is pretty good at finding the dirt...and the stronger the denial the bigger the story.

Now..the media does distort and distract...but they also usually have 2 or 3 sources before they say something as fact.

Before you challenge the Raider Fans to sell out the Colisseum or say the locals don't support the team Please Read Raider187's extremely informative post: http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakl...ance-woes.html

Hall of Famer
    If the Trestman report IS false, it was probably his agent who started the rumor. It seems like this is the best way to let other teams know your available. "Why not Trestman?"

Thread Information