Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did Jamarcus really impress you?

Raiderwerewolf is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplosive View Post
    Rob Ryan on Russell.

Ryan takes the high road - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group

To Me As Much Money as the raiders invested in I would seriously want my moneys worth out of anything I put 30 million dollars into.

Hopefully he gets mentally better, and Physical preformance on the Field gets better as well.

X
    He took the high road, not surprising, we all know he and others will be politically correct and won't bash another player publically. i'll take Steve young, Rich gannon's opinion over Ryan. The money is all the more reason to quit now, he is not worth it.

Name one QB, who has had as bad a season in their third year, and ever amounted to anything? name one. Only a couple QB's have had as bad a season.

Xplosive is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderwerewolf View Post
    He took the high road, not surprising, we all know he and others will be politically correct and won't bash another player publically. i'll take Steve young, Rich gannon's opinion over Ryan. The money is all the more reason to quit now, he is not worth it.

Name one QB, who has had as bad a season in their third year, and ever amounted to anything? name one. Only a couple QB's have had as bad a season.
    I will name one later, ( I have guest over will return)

Yes Rob respected the opportunity The Raider's provided, so should anyone. Al is Al, we all know that. The Thing about Russ are deeper than whats on the field. The guy came in huge after he lost his uncle. Clearly he went through some kind of depression(that showed on the field though he tried to hide it). Getting sacked 80% of the time as well could have set him back as well. Like David carr and others. Alot of things didnt go right for the 30 million Dollar Investment. Something are his fault, then some are beyond his control. Take some of these things into consideration. before you think he is a waste, He just had a Bad year.

This is his 3rd year here but 1 1/2 season on the field. There was no stabilty in place. His situation is simluar to Vince Young's young, and wild has some small issuses like anyone else. The difference is Tennessee had more stability to mold a solid quarterback. He also had Steve McNair(R.i.p.) as his mentor. Russ' mentor off the field is dead as well* his uncle*. No one say's culpepper reached out, or anybody to further mentor him here. Maybe Bruce can give him a fewr pointers. Bruce is a little older but doesnt merrit the stats, and mental of a culpepper who was a star at one time. I felt had culpepper stay'd at least we would have a veteran who would have been able to pave the way and help more.

All that said, Russ has to fix this and hopefully that investment pays off sooner.

As for the Raiders. did you check the Utah vs Cal game. that was good. alot of guys showed up. The Corner Johnson #17, and The stephensan kid really showed. Cal showed how good jahvon bess is, they really miss him in that offense.

Anyhow Have a Merry Christmas

X

Live.B.A.Raida is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by paul0660 View Post
    His obligatory sack/fumble rolled right to our guy. That rarely happens. Had the Broncos recovered, we would have fewer threads.
    had the steelers rookie caught a ball that hit him right in the chest we would have one more loss than win. The ball bounced the way it did and we won. Maybe Russell doesn't fumble if the o-line could pass block. Not making excuses for Jamarcus but things played out the way they did.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Live.B.A.Raida View Post
    had the steelers rookie caught a ball that hit him right in the chest we would have one more loss than win. The ball bounced the way it did and we won. Maybe Russell doesn't fumble if the o-line could pass block. Not making excuses for Jamarcus but things played out the way they did.
    Nonsense.

If you want to play the if's in the Steelers game, we had a easy pick dropped by Johnson early in a Steelers drive that would have had a clear run to the 6 for us.

Keep trying...

darkvenom1972 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    In all honesty, it is impractical to expect any sort of improvement from JR this season. During the season the week is spent getting ready for your next game, off season and training camp is where the work has to be done to improve QB fundamentals, like looking off db's. So if you see improvement, it is not real. If you are slamming him for not looking any better, in all honesty how is taking less reps in practice now supposed to be improving his performance.

It is still too early to me to completely give up on JR IF IF IF he wants to get better. He clearly has natural ability. It is all on him if he is mature enough to want to improve. My guess is he does not care enough, but since I have never even met the guy that is a w.a.g.

Chairman of the Board
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplosive View Post
    I will name one later, ( I have guest over will return)

Yes Rob respected the opportunity The Raider's provided, so should anyone. Al is Al, we all know that. The Thing about Russ are deeper than whats on the field. The guy came in huge after he lost his uncle. Clearly he went through some kind of depression(that showed on the field though he tried to hide it). Getting sacked 80% of the time as well could have set him back as well. Like David carr and others. Alot of things didnt go right for the 30 million Dollar Investment. Something are his fault, then some are beyond his control. Take some of these things into consideration. before you think he is a waste, He just had a Bad year.

This is his 3rd year here but 1 1/2 season on the field. There was no stabilty in place. His situation is simluar to Vince Young's young, and wild has some small issuses like anyone else. The difference is Tennessee had more stability to mold a solid quarterback. He also had Steve McNair(R.i.p.) as his mentor. Russ' mentor off the field is dead as well* his uncle*. No one say's culpepper reached out, or anybody to further mentor him here. Maybe Bruce can give him a fewr pointers. Bruce is a little older but doesnt merrit the stats, and mental of a culpepper who was a star at one time. I felt had culpepper stay'd at least we would have a veteran who would have been able to pave the way and help more.

All that said, Russ has to fix this and hopefully that investment pays off sooner.

As for the Raiders. did you check the Utah vs Cal game. that was good. alot of guys showed up. The Corner Johnson #17, and The stephensan kid really showed. Cal showed how good jahvon bess is, they really miss him in that offense.

Anyhow Have a Merry Christmas

X
    Stopmaking excuses for this fat piece of ****.

Did young or mcnair ever show up 30-40 lbs over weight NO!

Russell is a lazy ****ing clownge that through your thick skull

oh and merry christmas
    "Darth Vader is a punk compared to Al Davis," Hunter S Thompson

Live.B.A.Raida is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYRAIDER View Post
    Nonsense.

If you want to play the if's in the Steelers game, we had a easy pick dropped by Johnson early in a Steelers drive that would have had a clear run to the 6 for us.

Keep trying...
    That's actually my point. We can play "if's" all day but if didn't happen. What happened was raiders won the steelers game, raiders won the bronco game period!

WeMajor is offline Banned
    Starter
    If u want to play the "if" game,

If cornell green could block, 90 percent of russell's fumbles would never happen. If our oline could block we would have a very good run game. If the run game could work, we could pass a bit better. There's a lot of ifs and buts, but the catalyst to our failures is the offensive line, its the reason gannon got neck broke and its the reason why we've sucked for 8 years

raiders_fan67 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Peyton Manning impresses me because he performs at a high level every week. I can never see JR at that level or even close. I was happy for him last week because he led us to a win. I wish he was a great quarterback but, I just don't see it.

cheapshotartist is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by darkvenom1972 View Post
    In all honesty, it is impractical to expect any sort of improvement from JR this season. During the season the week is spent getting ready for your next game, off season and training camp is where the work has to be done to improve QB fundamentals, like looking off db's. So if you see improvement, it is not real. If you are slamming him for not looking any better, in all honesty how is taking less reps in practice now supposed to be improving his performance.

It is still too early to me to completely give up on JR IF IF IF he wants to get better. He clearly has natural ability. It is all on him if he is mature enough to want to improve. My guess is he does not care enough, but since I have never even met the guy that is a w.a.g.
    Good post darkvenom and I agree with your If's and I have a couple of If's to add. What If the Raiders had a stable coaching situation? What If the Raiders had a veteran NFL QB who could show him how to be a NFL QB. What If Russell had the same HC and OC from his rookie year until now? What If we had a OL that could pass protect? I'm not trying to cover for Russells weak performance or weight gain but what QB besides Gannon has had success as the QB of the Oakland Raiders? I'm serious besides Gannon not one of our QB's has been worth a f*ck. Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by WeMajor View Post

If cornell green could block, 90 percent of russell's fumbles would never happen. If our oline could block we would have a very good run game. If the run game could work, we could pass a bit better. There's a lot of ifs and buts, but the catalyst to our failures is the offensive line, its the reason gannon got neck broke and its the reason why we've sucked for 8 years
    What If we had a GM?
    What If we had a franchise LT?
    What If we had a "real" #1 WR?
    What If our LB's stayed in their gaps?
    What If our defense played a 2009 scheme?
    I'm just saying.

Ingersoll is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Bah. The guy still sucks. Once in a blue moon the dude does something right. Well, the moon sure as hell ain't blue every Sunday.

The sooner he's gone, the better.

B3rkeley is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Will Al Davis ever admit that he was wrong and Lane Kiffin was right about JaMarcBust Russell?

Hall of Famer
    Surprised me? Yes. Impressed me ? No.

He got us the win with help, and that's all that matters, but to answer the OP, no he didn't. Some reasons are: no pocket awareness. Holds onto ball too long. Can only seem to throw laser line drives

but a wins a win.
    GO RAIDERS!!!

Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by WeMajor View Post

Just like most of your worthless posts...

bigbo14 is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    I'll be impressed when Russell keeps the Raiders in the game for all 4 quarters of an entire game and then does it for 16 games. Playing well for a short period of time at the end of a game does nothing for me except prove that he's got the ability to do well for a short period of time. There is nothing he showed to Raiders fans that should make us believe he turned a corner. We've all seen him play well at times and then play awful the majority of the time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information