Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did Jamarcus really impress you?

Tim'sBrownies is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    So the 25 other threads that have been created on this topic in the last week weren't enough for you? Idiot...

paul0660 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    His obligatory sack/fumble rolled right to our guy. That rarely happens. Had the Broncos recovered, we would have fewer threads.

Raiderwerewolf is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    WOW, another thread, whats wrong with the 1000 others? This has been discussed to death, and no, jahamburgerler does not impress anyone other then the 4 family members who keep posting here like a cult. Thir dyear pro cannot even do the basics, step into the pocket, check down, even make the most basic throws.

silver & black is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by dtbat View Post
    When you're bored start another 'I hate JaMarcus' thread. You guys are truly amazing. JaMarcus leads us to a victory, yet you look for flaws in the victory and more specifically JaMarcus.
    JaMarcus has led us to nothing. He got lucky with a few passes... that's it. Missed short passes... a sack... a fumble... I'm sorry... he sucks. I'm very happy we came away with the win, honest, I am... but JR GOT LUCKY... there is nothing else to read into it.

Chairman of the Board

in response to the thread question...

No.
    Go Raiders.

Chairman of the Board
    No, hell No and F-NO.......

Never has and never will......

I cant wait until he is no longer a Raider......
    In the Kingdom of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King.......

No Quarterback with pick 5. Especially the noodle arm Bridgewater or Carr V2.0.......

bambino2678 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    all i can say about russell is the sun shines on a dogs a$$ every once in awhile

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    Agreed. We won the game and that's all that matters. But to answer the original question did Russell impress me? NO! But lets not stop at QB.
    Did the RB's impress me? Yes.
    Did the OL impress me? Run blocking yes, pass protection hell no.
    Did the DL impress me? No they played their normal game.
    Did the LB's impress me? No.
    Did the secondary impress me? They were OK.
    Did the WR's impress me? They did OK.
    Did the ST's coverage impress me? No.
    Did the Kicking game impress me? Good as usual.
    Did the Coaching impress me? Average.

Bottom line is we won the game so it really does not matter who was impressive and who was not. We won the game.
    I know this is off topic, but I thought the DL and LB play was decent in that game. I only saw the game once, but my memory tells me that they did a pretty good job in stopping the run and did provide enough pressure to keep Orton from getting too comfortable back there. I know we are thin along the DL, and we are in need of an influx of talent at the DT position. That said, I thought they played pretty solid game.

As for Russell, if he were to ever develop all of the facets of playing QB at this level, he would be good. He does have a good arm. Only problem is that he is inadequate in almost all other areas when looking at his play. Yes, he got the job done, but it was not pretty. Very happy he succeeded and the Raiders won the game. But when you examine his play, it still does not foster confidence.

unclerico is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    I am not impressed. We almost lost the game because of his play.

* Pass to Murphy on a 3rd and long way under thrown
    * Fumbled because of no pocket awareness
    * No pocket awareness lead to his arm being deflected by a DT and almost intercepted.
    * Five yard dump pass to Bush should have been thrown at his chest and not his knees. (Could of got licked for that bad throw)
    * Threw behind Higgins when he was wide open on a slant.

To many mistakes for the short time he played.

Hall of Famer
    What might be even more annoying would be his attitude towards everyone after he somehow avoided to fail miserably again. The coaches, players and fans were all shocked that he amazingly didn't blow it again, and even more shockingly, somehow contributed to the win.

His attitude after the fact made it clear that dispite his obvious failure to put in the necessary work to even come close reaching his potential and to justify the huge financial commitment made to him by the team and the fans who help pay his salary, the punk still sees himself as the victim.

No, i am not impresed. He is who i thought he was when we drafted him and who he was 2 weeks ago.

Chairman of the Board
    The guy was a number 1 overall, and still today, one of the highest paid players in the entire NFL.

Based on that, I've never been impressed about anything about JR.

I don't hate the guy, I just don't think he's a high-caliber NFL QB. I'll be suprised if he's still in the league by the time the term of his contract with us is up.

Happy Holidays!

"Be on time, pay attention, and play like Hell when I tell you to" - John Madden's three and only rules.

Mahalo Blackhole John

Chairman of the Board
    Blog Entries
    if i saw him eat buffett I would probably be impressed, bu as a NFL QB HELLLLSSSS NO!!!
    "Darth Vader is a punk compared to Al Davis," Hunter S Thompson

Chiefhater is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Actually he did impress me. Our Oline sucked at pass blocking (did great in run blocking) and all three QB's had guys in their face all day.

That 4th and 10 conversion was all JaMarcus and his big right arm. Had a guy in his face and a WR that was basically covered. Nice ball placement on an underneith route.

The dart thrown to Schilens that set us up on the 10 yard line was nice. If JR could make that throw 70% of the time, he wouldn't be a backup QB.

There was another pass to schilens (I think?) that got us to the five. It was a nice play because it showed some pocket presence from JaMarcus. He stepped into the pocket, then slid to the right and bought enough time to find an open WR.

The final pass was a good pass if a little bit behind, but it got us the TD and the win. All of JR's bad passes came from extreme pressure, except for the ball thrown in the dirt to Murphy.

Raiderwerewolf is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by dtbat View Post
    When you're bored start another 'I hate JaMarcus' thread. You guys are truly amazing. JaMarcus leads us to a victory, yet you look for flaws in the victory and more specifically JaMarcus.
    Led us to voictory? you mean the Defense, 250 yards rushing prior had nothing to do with it? He was 5/11 with another moronic fumble and several poor throws? Congrats he managed to get 1 Td, that's 3 in half a season, what gards did in 1 quarter. How dumb can you be?

Still the worst Qb in football. He should be doing that on a regular basis as one of the highest paid players. #1 pick in the NFl in his third year. Yet he has managed to have one of the worst seasons ever as a QB.

If you don't mind, I'll refer to you as DINGBAT from now on.

Xplosive is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Rob Ryan on Russell.

Ryan takes the high road - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group

To Me As Much Money as the raiders invested in I would seriously want my moneys worth out of anything I put 30 million dollars into.

Hopefully he gets mentally better, and Physical preformance on the Field gets better as well.

X

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information