Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sighhh, Charlie Frye

als_next_generation is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Tre View Post
    Well, I know all of you will disagree with me but if Grad isn't gonna play and JP I doubt will. I think Russell should start over Frye... It's not like we have anything to lose and after seeing Frye play worse then anything I've ever seen, there's really no point in giving him a shot.

So if its between Russell and Frye, jesus did I say that, start Russell..
    ALL our QBs suck and none of them should start.

That said, I will say it again - Russell gives us the best chance to win (he should get credit for his 3rd win). Frye is Brady Quinn only worse. Loseman hasn't been on the team long enough to justify getting to start, this is reality. QBs don't just go from one team to another and instantly play well.

And, I will continue to say this again and again (look at our offensive line!) - LET RUSSELL TAKE HIS OWN BULLET AND EARN HIS $60 million!!! If we win, great, if we lose, why does it matter anymore this season? The Denver win meant little and moral victories are for losers.

joetoronto is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakish View Post
    Russell and Frye are both bad...

Gradkowski and Losman are our only hope for next year as far as QB's on our roster.
    Right on, Kakish.

I'd have no problem with Frye as our #3 though, he's a sharp dude who can help out with his smarts.

apex is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I wasn't too worried about the INT from Frye .. to be honest, the INT looked a lot worse then it really was, Frye was trying to make a play - granted he shouldn't of thrown it like that - but he probably thought Higgins would cut to the outside .. rather then inside .. and at least fight for the ball in the air - which Higgins did not, he didn't even turn around to track the ball .. (that's like the 2nd time in 2 weeks Higgins has either given up on a play or not turn around to track a ball)..

We should of had another TD late in the second (I think it was) .. we were like 3rd and 2 near the goal line and Frye scrambles out trying to throw to the endzone (think it was Higgins who was at the back corner), but forced it into double coverage, he had space in front of him to get the first down.. would of been an easy TD cause they couldn't stop our run game ..

Other then that, Frye played a serviceable game .. JR played alright considering .. there were your usual JR moments (the under thrown pass to Murphy, that strip sack fumble), but the one thing I noticed he did move around the pocket a lot more, did a nifty side step to get that 4th down conversion, and the pass to Schilens at the 10 .. overall glad with the one, didn't expect it .. but I'm pretty sure everyone is happy with the effort .. next week is another game.

FanInIraq is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by als_shadow View Post
    ALL our QBs suck and none of them should start.

That said, I will say it again - Russell gives us the best chance to win (he should get credit for his 3rd win). Frye is Brady Quinn only worse. Loseman hasn't been on the team long enough to justify getting to start, this is reality. QBs don't just go from one team to another and instantly play well.

And, I will continue to say this again and again (look at our offensive line!) - LET RUSSELL TAKE HIS OWN BULLET AND EARN HIS $60 million!!! If we win, great, if we lose, why does it matter anymore this season? The Denver win meant little and moral victories are for losers.
    Moral victories are for losers? Your a fan of the Raiders right? You hate the Broncos right? If the Raiders are going to lose 11games a year they better at least beat the goddamn Broncos. This loser is happy that the Broncos are one step back on their playoff hopes.

Sactown Raider is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Cable already said that Frye will start if healthy at the post-game PC:
    Cable says it’s Frye - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTautumnWINd View Post
    I thought so too in some respect, but he had that sweet pump fake on the draw play and big gain on a bootleg. He seems like he's got something going on upstairs. I don't love him, and I don't think he's a particularly good passer, but I'd start him over Russell. (I know that's not saying much)

It was only his first start all season, but he definitely didn't look like starter material.

From what I've seen, Gradkowski is much better.

I dunno, it doesn't matter because Russell will almost certainly get the nod next week and that's my real concern.

Hoss is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakish View Post
    Russell and Frye are both bad...

Gradkowski and Losman are our only hope for next year as far as QB's on our roster.
    Live near Buffalo and have seen too many Bills games. Trust me, if we are hoping Losman can help this team then we are in trouble, again.

RighteousRayda is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Frye's a good game manager - a coach on the field if you will. But he does seem to have a noodle for an arm.

Our chances of winning are much greater with him leading the team right now than with Russell. But I'd prefer Grad over Frye.

Without seeing Losman play, from what I read he may be a combination of the things we like about Grad/Frye/Russell - smart, hard worker, mobile, big arm.

I'd like an open competition next year with the best one getting the job - don't force the coach to start Jamarcus next season if he's not the best.

KensaiKatai is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    That billboard should of been for #2, not AL.

Our 5 wins have come against teams with a .529 winning percentage which is the BEST IN THE LEAGUE!!! i can only imagine how many more wins we'd have if Frye or Gradz had started the whole season. #2 has no heart. We should be fighting for a playoff spot, actually we should of been dominant imho (once the playcalling, chemistry came together that is).

As for this ridiculous bashing of Charlie Frye, you are strongly underestimating how good Denver's D and the fact that this was Frye's first start with this team. He did very well minus the one turnover and the players seemed to rally behind him as he made plays with his feet when he needed to and did his best to put his TEAMMATES in a position to win and more importantly NOT GET HURT!!!!

Mark my words, if Russell had started yesterday the players would of come out lifeless and we would of been blown out.

KensaiKatai is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by FanInIraq View Post
    Moral victories are for losers? Your a fan of the Raiders right? You hate the Broncos right? If the Raiders are going to lose 11games a year they better at least beat the goddamn Broncos. This loser is happy that the Broncos are one step back on their playoff hopes.
    I understand your point but i don't think the person your quoting understands
    what the definition of a 'moral' victory is.

Hall of Famer
    Jamarcus must still be taught that failure is not an option...he stays benched...let him get back his job in camp....

Before you challenge the Raider Fans to sell out the Colisseum or say the locals don't support the team Please Read Raider187's extremely informative post: http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakl...ance-woes.html

Veteran
    I think you are overlooking a huge key issue here. JR came in this year as the 1st string; Frye came in at number 3. Before last week he was still number 3, which means he has not practiced like a starter ALL year until this past week. IMO with only one week to prep he looked much better then Russell hands down.

If you give him as much time a Russell he will blow him away. I am not saying that he is the answer but there is no comparison between JR and Frye. Frye is ten times better then JR.
    Al Davis 1929-2011
    Your commitment to excellence and your will to win will endure forever. RIP Al

Chairman of the Board
    I think it would also be fair to say... That was his first start in a long while. He played decent for what it was, his lack of play time and line play. If he stayed in we had a fair chance to win witout a miracle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information