Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will We Ever Become Good Again?

RyanDaRaider is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board

Will We Ever Become Good Again?

Been watch Raider Football since 2001.

Thats two winning seasons. PERIOD.

Im a young fan (20)

I live near Miami, and have been loyal (havent missed a game in about 7 years)

its sad......

i wonder... will the raiders ever be good again??

Dmac2thehouse is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    NO! End of thread

slyder is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Until Al Davis relinquishes the reigns actually brings in strong football minds, we will not be respectable again. Al Davis is the 500 lb elephant in the room and everyone but him knows it.

Musiqmix is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Its only been 7 years, how much longer can it be?

Dmac2thehouse is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Musiqmix View Post
    Its only been 7 years, how much longer can it be?
    8 years?

Anotharaiderfan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider5000 View Post

Im a young fan (20)

its sad......

YES they will

But maybe not in your life time. Depends on how long it takes for the emperor to see his hour glass is full.

r8drn8tn is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Yeah, we will be good again. It just takes time. The problem is the bad mistakes over the years like the wrong coaches, free agents, draft picks, etc. Every time we make a mistake, it takes a while for it to get fixed.

The best example I can give you are the Yankees. They were pretty bad in the 80's and early 90's. They had a meddling owner, bad managers and players. But then, they found a manager that clicked in Torre and got young players they drafted and brought up in their system.

I won't mention the Pats because I think we're more along the lines of the Yankees because of the notoriety and traditions of our respective teams.

Keep being a fan, and it will make it that much sweeter when we do finally make it back to the Super Bowl and raise another trophy up in the air, whenever that may be!

Funky is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by slyder View Post
    Until Al Davis relinquishes the reigns actually brings in strong football minds, we will not be respectable again. Al Davis is the 500 lb elephant in the room and everyone but him knows it.
    Must be one small elephant.

btw the Raider Nation will never surrender

Chairman of the Board
    It's all about changing the culture, the losing culture.

In which case nothing short of a total house-cleaning is in order, much like Parcells does with every team he's taken over, the Dolphins for example.

Parcells got rid of the staff, and a few of the main-stays in players like Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor, and a few of their recent draft choices like Satele and John Beck.

Besides an entirely new staff, about a 3rd of the team was new too coming into the Dolphins' 1st season in the Parcells era.

It's what we would have to do, and it starts with ol' man Tootles relinquishing control ... and that brings all of this to a screeching halt.

"Be on time, pay attention, and play like Hell when I tell you to" - John Madden's three and only rules.

Mahalo Blackhole John

Hall of Famer
    I doubt it while Al Davis is in charge. After that it's anyones guess. Remember the departure of Al does not ensure future success.

Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider5000 View Post

Im a young fan (20)

its sad......

ALWAYS remember that Mr. Davis has a plan. Don't be fooled by our recent franchaise record sucking. The NFL wants EVERY TEAM to suck once in a while. It was our turn.

Next year is uncapped. Don't be fooled into the "who should we draft?" discussion. Because it won't make too much difference. Instead, look at who we are going to dump and who we are going to sign. Do you like Donovan McNabb? As far as I can tell, he is going to be the best available veteran QB changing teams.

Also, we will have a new coach. Did you like Gruden? He's the odds-on favorite to come back.

Next year... man, I can't wait! Ride it out...
    Know who you are. Then, be who you are. And do what you can do. Let the 'drama queens' worry about who to take to the Prom and which dress to wear.

Like AL believed -- Winners win and losers lose. So if you are losing, then maybe it's who you are. If it isn't who you are, then do something to change it!

Everything I post is my opinion. Respect your fellow Raider family members.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by als_shadow View Post
    ALWAYS remember that Mr. Davis has a plan. Don't be fooled by our recent franchaise record sucking. The NFL wants EVERY TEAM to suck once in a while. It was our turn. ...
    More poisoned kool-aid served up in one post I've yet to see.

And "our recent franchise record sucking" is actually an NFL-RECORD at sucking.

That's NFL-RECORD

...LOSING-SEASONS streak.

Once the "Team of the Decades", we're headed to be the "Team that sucked for a Decade".

"Be on time, pay attention, and play like Hell when I tell you to" - John Madden's three and only rules.

Mahalo Blackhole John

Anotharaiderfan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by als_shadow View Post
    ALWAYS remember that Mr. Davis has a plan. Don't be fooled by our recent franchaise record sucking. The NFL wants EVERY TEAM to suck once in a while. It was our turn.

Next year is uncapped. Don't be fooled into the "who should we draft?" discussion. Because it won't make too much difference. Instead, look at who we are going to dump and who we are going to sign. Do you like Donovan McNabb? As far as I can tell, he is going to be the best available veteran QB changing teams.

Also, we will have a new coach. Did you like Gruden? He's the odds-on favorite to come back.

Next year... man, I can't wait! Ride it out...

Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiian Raider View Post
    More poisoned kool-aid served up in one post I've yet to see.

And "our recent franchise record sucking" is actually an NFL-RECORD at sucking.

That's NFL-RECORD

...LOSING-SEASONS streak.

Once the "Team of the Decades", we're headed to be the "Team that sucked for a Decade".

PS - we were in the Super Bowl this decade. It's amazing what those "anti-Al Davis sun glasses" can hide.
    Know who you are. Then, be who you are. And do what you can do. Let the 'drama queens' worry about who to take to the Prom and which dress to wear.

Like AL believed -- Winners win and losers lose. So if you are losing, then maybe it's who you are. If it isn't who you are, then do something to change it!

Everything I post is my opinion. Respect your fellow Raider family members.

BlackDawg is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Anotharaiderfan View Post

YES they will

But maybe not in your life time. Depends on how long it takes for the emperor to see his hour glass is full.
    Interesting.....the world according to many eggheads ends Dec 21st 2012, I think both our franchises are under a lot of pressure, us to get a ring before the planet explodes into cosmic dust and the Raiders to actually win a game before the planet explodes and the last memeory raider fans ever see cosmically is another loss.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information