Page 1 of 171 1231151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree792Likes

Thread: The bags are....f'in stupid...

lips is offline Limited Membership
    Starter

The bags are....f'in stupid...

can we grow up?....have a lil faith and pride. it's been done already...it's corny....and wack.

thanks

He-Man is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by lips View Post
    can we grow up?....have a lil faith and pride. it's been done already...it's corny....and wack.

thanks
    there's a reason for the bags regardless if it has been done already it pretty much sums up some of the feelings that some have for this franchise and I don't know how in the hell anyone can even see a glimmer of hope, faith or pride with this team and its direction...
    Jay21 and xcraider37 like this.
    "You can't Appoint, Hire, or Declare Leadership" ~ Sonny Barger

"Al Davis thought all owners were dilettantes with a new toy. He said to me many times through the years that owners are often the problem with their franchises, that too many of them think they can run things when they cannot, and the teams that succeed are the ones where the owner hires the best people he can and turns the game over to them."

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    there's a reason for the bags regardless if it has been done already it pretty much sums up some of the feelings that some have for this franchise and I don't know how in the hell anyone can even see a glimmer of hope, faith or pride with this team and its direction...
    Bingo!

RaiderBlood is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    I'm assuming you mean paper bags...

You have faith and pride in what this orginization has displayed the last 7 years?

Get off your high horse. You are basically telling the fans to put up with this crap.
    That wee need to tolerate it... it will get better... be a real fan...

Bag on head is a longstanding tradtion in all of sports and it doesn't make you any less of a fan. When the Oakland A's where winners in the early part of this decade was the around the time the Boston Redsox was awful and I remembered their fans at the games in paper bags. I never thought that they were retarded but it was what they could do to show support and displeasure in their beloved team at the same time.

How can you blame anyone? What suggestion do you have that is better? Not going to the game at all? Do you think that if everyone did that, the team would stick around?

When people pay hard earned $ to watch this junk, they sure have the right to bag themself and in a sense, "be heard"

Raiders_Forever is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    As you may have seen on this board, I brought a paper bag to the Giants game, but I didn't put it on until it was 28-0 or something like that. I am all for it. By the fact that you show up wearing your teams colors, still cheer them on, but at the same time show that you aren't happy. You're there, like you always will be for your team, but you aren't happy at all.

VEfreak is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

raderz is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by lips View Post

thanks
    Nobody says "wack" anymore grandpa.
    BLACK FLAGWAVER and Jay21 like this.

Hall of Famer
    Maybe you need to grow up and quit caring how others show their fan-hood.

I'm not a bag-wearer, but I don't care if some fans start this practice. We are all Raider fans, this is why we are on this site. Maybe you need to realize this and quit telling people how they need to be a fan.

Appreciate your two cents though, commie.

RighteousRayda is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    disagree. but everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Hall of Famer
    I agree with the OP. IF you wear a paperbag that means you don't want to identify yourself as a fan of a certain organization, so if you don't want nothing to do with that organization why don't you just go to a different team or quit being a fan at all or just don't wear that bag? Ridiculous and it is kinda irritating seeing all these emoticons on the site.

Hall of Famer
    arguing about what is and isn`t appropriate on how to show displeasure with your favorite team.......................this is a new low
    Ted Nugent being interviewed by a British journalist.
    The journalist asked, "What do you think the last thought is in the head of a deer before you shoot it? Is it, `Are you my friend?` or is it `Are you the one who killed my brother?'"

Nugent replied, "They aren't capable of that kind of thinking. All they care about is, 'What am I going to eat next, who am I going to screw next, and can I run fast enough to get away. They are very much like the French in that way."

RAIDER951 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    We do have pride, hence the bags. If the players had any pride they would wear them too. If Al had any pride, he would hand them out at the gate.

hellbound is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Did you ever write leters to the Unknown Comic stating this?
    IERaiderFan likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by XRamfan View Post
    arguing about what is and isn`t appropriate on how to show displeasure with your favorite team.......................this is a new low
    This is probably the truest statement on this board this week.

In the end, let fans do whatever they want to show they are fans.

IMO it doesn't show they don't care, it just shows they are not pleased with the product. Which, all of us can agree with. Just some are showing the displeasure, and others are not.

Page 1 of 171 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information