Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Cable: We’re on brink of getting this thing going

FanInIraq is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Where is the koolaid he is serving? He is putting himself in a compromising situation to ensure job security for the time being. It is something I would do in a heartbeat to ensure that my family was safe and I was able to support them.

This man does not work for the same owner as Ozzie guillen, and Ditka, he is not allowed to tell just how bad this team really is, nor should he. We can all see it for ourselves. He is however required to speak to the media and to relay whatever Al wants relayed. All part of the job that he is required to do. If you dont like what AL has to say dont read it. Same reason I dont listen to the press confrences with Al anymore.

RaidamanI is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Well chaz is coming back thise week(I think) so we can only improve.
    Its funny to me how some people on this board think they no more about what's going on in this offense than cable. He is watching and studying the film.
    He is either lying or he actually feels that a little cleaning up with do the trick.
    According to him they are going to stick with russell so we watch the games on Sunday and see where it goes. Most if not all on this board will still watch the raiders, I know I will. We are only three games in and it can't be worse than it already is....can it?

Chairman of the Board
    coach speak. nothing more, nothing less.
    We want to win. The Raider fans deserve it. The Raider players deserve it, even my organization deserves it. You have to win and you have to win with a vision for the Super Bowl. That's our passion here. - Al Davis

leafs43 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    He better get this sh!t show on the road and fast then.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RaidamanI View Post
    Well chaz is coming back thise week(I think) so we can only improve.
    Its funny to me how some people on this board think they no more about what's going on in this offense than cable. He is watching and studying the film.
    He is either lying or he actually feels that a little cleaning up with do the trick.
    According to him they are going to stick with russell so we watch the games on Sunday and see where it goes. Most if not all on this board will still watch the raiders, I know I will. We are only three games in and it can't be worse than it already is....can it?
    He did have a good chemistry going with him, going back to last year. When Favre was getting started in green bay he relied heavily on Sterling Sharpe, most of his passes went in his direction. he struggled to get the ball to other receivers. When Al Davis said he was missing him at the press conference I didn't realize how much of that might be true.

For all you nerds out there:
    01000111011011110010000001010010011000010110100101 10010001100101011100100111001100100001

mlexicon is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Cable's on the brink of going to jail.

raider07 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by mlexicon View Post

Hall of Famer
    On the brink of what sucking balls. 6 YEARS PEOPLE. It's been 6 years that this proud franchise and its fans have had a season to be proud of. We are one of the greatest franchises of all time we have one 3 super bowls and was the most dominant team in AFL history. We as fans need to be upset we diserve to be upset. I have been following this team till the day I was born and remember my DAD telling me stories about Plunkett, Stabler, Bilentnikoff, Powell, Upshaw, and many others. THE OAKLAND F@CKING RAIDERS PEOPLE not teams like the Bills who went to 4 times in a row and didnt win one. The Lions who lost every game last year. We are one of the best we need to expect that from our team. Arent you people tired of the media and other teams fans thinking of our team being the laughing stock of the NFL. I'm tired of our team being diissrespected. Where did our swagger go where is that physical punch you in the mouth Raider team I grew up loving. People use to fear playing the Raiders now teams cant wait to play us cause they think its a win for them. Some say they dont even consider us to be a real NFL franchise. Doesnt that make you sick. So stop sticking up for poor performance and say crap like "give it time we are getting better." Um hello its been 6 years 6 damn years how long do we have to wait. hELL THE BEST THING WE GOT GOING OUR ARE FANS RIGHT NOW. PEOPLE GIVE US MORE CREDIT THAN THE TEAM. When you got a team like Pittsburgh who year in and year out compete. I will love my Raiders till the day I die we have the greatest fans in the world and our uniforms are pretty badass too. Whats not to love. I just want us to be the team i know we can and a team we should be. Stop making f@cking excuses and JUST WIN BABY!!!!
    My next door neighbor is a Raider fan my 2 neighbors across from me are Raider fans. A Lion fan down the street hung up a Detriot Lions flag outside his house a week ago.
    My neighbors and I hung up Raider Flags today and now it seems like the Lions fan took his down, huh I wonder why he did that?

Hall of Famer
    [QUOTE=mlexicon;3122254]Cable's on the brink of going to jail.
    Oh my GOD LMFAO!!!!
    My next door neighbor is a Raider fan my 2 neighbors across from me are Raider fans. A Lion fan down the street hung up a Detriot Lions flag outside his house a week ago.
    My neighbors and I hung up Raider Flags today and now it seems like the Lions fan took his down, huh I wonder why he did that?

wizardoftroy is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    [quote=RAIDERFAN520;3122260]
    Oh my GOD LMFAO!!!!
    Hahahahahha. Best line yet!

Rowdy53 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERFAN520 View Post
    What coaches are available to hire for next year?
    What would be the point of hiring a new puppet???

Unless AL hired back Gruden, which isn't going to happen, then what difference is it going to make???

It's just f#cking sad that any pro sports team is this pathetic...

nastynice is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    this ni**az wylin

Raider6 1 9 is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Man i am high as fuuucck and that had me bustin up that's too true! rep for u..

KensaiKatai is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDER951 View Post
    At 52, I've been a Raider fan before you were even born so yeah, grow the phuq up and quit trying to lecture me on the right way to respond to this embarrassment. If you want to drink the cool aid, go ahead, here's a cup!

waiting and seeing is drinking kool aid huh? ok chief.

i need to grow up? sure tiger. is it cool for me to say you were spoiled as a fan with all the success you enjoyed before i was born?

that's the problem, there is no RIGHT way to respond to this. what is he supposed to say, the opposite? he has to get the team motivated to play on sunday. You on the other hand, i'm glad your JUST a fan.

Look, your entitled to your opinion, but it's pointless as hell to feel crappy about things you have little to no control over or even worse due to "hypotheticals" which is exactly what Cable is doing now, speculating. I ignore speculation but i can see the good and the bad behind his actions, unfortunately all a lot of you guys choose to focus on is the bad...and yes it does resonate in ways sometimes i wish you guys could see, but some of you refuse to look outside of your little box.

A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing. - Oscar Wilde

cheapshotartist is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information