Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Schilens to the rescue.....next week

  1. #1
    SladeNorris's Avatar
    SladeNorris is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Slade County
    Posts
    538

    Schilens to the rescue.....next week

    Full Article:
    Schilens to the rescue _ next week - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group

    By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
    Thursday, September 24th, 2009 at 12:43 pm in Oakland Raiders.

    If all goes according to plan, Chaz Schilens hopes to return to face the Houston Texans on Oct. 4, approximately six weeks after breaking a bone in his left foot while running a pass pattern during training camp.

    “Myself, I’d probably like to push it a little faster than it should be,” Schilens said. “But they’ve done a good, kind of making sure that I’m where I need to be at and taking the right time and the proper right steps to make sure that I don’t hurt it again.”

    Schilens had developed a chemistry with JaMarcus Russell that hasn’t been replaced by another wide receiver. He caught all five passes thrown his way in the preseason opener against Dallas (for 52 yards) in a little over a quarter and put together more good practices than any skill position player until the time of his injury.

    Schilens said expects that connection to remain six weeks later.

    “Shoot, once I get my legs back and everything’s good, and run a couple routes, I’m sure after a couple days I’ll be right back to where I need to be at,” Schilens said. “It might take a few practices, but I don’t see anything being a real problem. I’ve stayed watching the offense, and I’ve been studying, paying attention as well as I can, so I really don’t feel like I should have too much of a dropoff.”
    sorry if its been posted

  2. #2
    Dmac2thehouse is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,202
    That's why we need to beat Denver and get Chaz back to help take some pressure off J Rock

  3. #3
    raiderfan320's Avatar
    raiderfan320 is offline Banned
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    522
    Thanks for the article, that was a good read. Did anyone notice Chaz campaigning for Murphy to get the start? I thought that was pretty cool.
    This quote was pretty encouraging:

    “They’ll put the best guys out there. I really don’t know,” Schilens said. “Louis is a great player, he deserves to be out there. So we’ll see. Don’t really know. Feel like the best receivers will be out there, though.”

    and I hope Chaz is right. We definitely need him back and need murphy to start on the other side.

  4. #4
    LasVegasRF's Avatar
    LasVegasRF is offline
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    283
    It will be nice to have him back but if JR can't throw worth the dam it will not matter who is in there as WR.

  5. #5
    DarkLordAlDavis's Avatar
    DarkLordAlDavis is offline
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    The Temples Of Syrinx
    Posts
    10,172
    The problem is Cable under order from "Coach" Davis will most likely start DHB not Murphy......

    Still its great to see Chaz wanting Murphy starting......
    In the Kingdom of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King.......

  6. #6
    prolific's Avatar
    prolific is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,525
    Al favors production, as well, don't get that mixed-up.

    Yeah DHB is his guy, dude can run, etc, but if you're getting it done and "just winning, baby" I think that person will start. Period.

    Chaz/Murphy would be a sight, and with the always present help from Zach, how can #2 not be comfortable?

  7. #7
    raiderfan320's Avatar
    raiderfan320 is offline Banned
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhin0 View Post
    Al favors production, as well, don't get that mixed-up.

    Yeah DHB is his guy, dude can run, etc, but if you're getting it done and "just winning, baby" I think that person will start. Period.

    Chaz/Murphy would be a sight, and with the always present help from Zach, how can #2 not be comfortable?
    I hope so, because like you said thats really the point. If russell is ever going to improve (which we desperately need him to do) we need him to be comfortable, and he clearly doesnt feel that way with DHB yet.

  8. #8
    AutumnWind32's Avatar
    AutumnWind32 is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Another Dimension
    Posts
    10,561
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan320 View Post
    Did anyone notice Chaz campaigning for Murphy to get the start?

    He sure was and good for him! If Cable benches Murphy, not DHB (as he kinda said he would a week ago), there should be a revolt!

  9. #9
    DarkLordAlDavis's Avatar
    DarkLordAlDavis is offline
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    The Temples Of Syrinx
    Posts
    10,172
    Quote Originally Posted by AutumnWind32 View Post
    He sure was and good for him! If Cable benches Murphy, not DHB (as he kinda said he would a week ago), there should be a revolt!

    He doesnt need to do it in public. Russell needs to tell Cable he thinks Murphy should be starting with Chaz.....

    The revolt might come from the other Raider players. I am sure Chaz isnt the only one who feels that way.....
    In the Kingdom of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King.......

  10. #10
    G-MoNeY's Avatar
    G-MoNeY is offline
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    CA, BAY AREA
    Posts
    29,516
    thanks for the read, we will see him next week cant wait!

    thanks blackhole john for the sig
    Derrick Burgess is my new fav Raider Go Burgess!





    is very sick of the drama on here, hrmm.

    RIP ROMELO!! u will always be remembered bro!

  11. #11
    JUSTautumnWINd's Avatar
    JUSTautumnWINd is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Berkeley
    Posts
    7,286
    Man, if we can find a way to beat the Broncos, we'll be getting Chaz back just in time to make a run at 3-1. I think that's our best chance of staving off another losing season.

    I think Chaz is that important.

  12. #12
    dmauke's Avatar
    dmauke is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,826
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordAlDavis View Post
    The problem is Cable under order from "Coach" Davis will most likely start DHB not Murphy......

    Still its great to see Chaz wanting Murphy starting......
    Why would you bench DHB, in favor of Murphy? Murphy doesn't play his position. Murphy could move into the slot and he would transition easier than DHB into that role.

    For all you nerds out there:
    01000111011011110010000001010010011000010110100101 10010001100101011100100111001100100001

  13. #13
    ItsDoug420's Avatar
    ItsDoug420 is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by dmauke View Post
    Why would you bench DHB, in favor of Murphy? Murphy doesn't play his position. Murphy could move into the slot and he would transition easier than DHB into that role.

    Because DHB has no business starting in the NFL right now, and it's painfully obvious our QB has no rhythm with him at all. Putting our best players on the field would constitute Chaz and Murph.

  14. #14
    dmauke's Avatar
    dmauke is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,826
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsDoug420 View Post
    Because DHB has no business starting in the NFL right now, and it's painfully obvious our QB has no rhythm with him at all. Putting our best players on the field would constitute Chaz and Murph.
    Are you sure? How much time has Murphy worked as the X receiver? Also, if DHB is struggling in his route running, and Murphy is more polished, then why would you put DHB in the slot and put Murphy as the split end, when neither of them have played a down in those positions. It's easier for the Z receiver to move into the slot. These are not veteran WR's, keep it simple.

    For all you nerds out there:
    01000111011011110010000001010010011000010110100101 10010001100101011100100111001100100001

  15. #15
    DarkLordAlDavis's Avatar
    DarkLordAlDavis is offline
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    The Temples Of Syrinx
    Posts
    10,172
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsDoug420 View Post
    Because DHB has no business starting in the NFL right now, and it's painfully obvious our QB has no rhythm with him at all. Putting our best players on the field would constitute Chaz and Murph.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmauke View Post
    Are you sure? How much time has Murphy worked as the X receiver? Also, if DHB is struggling in his route running, and Murphy is more polished, then why would you put DHB in the slot and put Murphy as the split end, when neither of them have played a down in those positions. It's easier for the Z receiver to move into the slot. These are not veteran WR's, keep it simple.

    What he said......

    I would let Higgins be the no 3 WR if healthy.....

    Chaz wanting Murphy starting speaks volumn's.....
    In the Kingdom of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •