Post 35.2 percent? Russell is at .500

D-Tre is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Well if that "35.2%" was just alittle higher maybe he'd be at 1.000

2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    lol, I was corrected many times for saying that Jamarcus is now 3-1 over his last 4 games by members....I guess this reporter doesn't realize that QB's are not judged by the win-loss record...or at least those that want to constantly rip on Jamarcus. Posters that want to constantly rip Jamarcus never mention a "come from behind", "game winning drive", "on the road in KC", "The coaching turnstyle...2 HC's, 3 OC's, 3 QB coaches in the last couple years"...etc. We are lucky Jamarcus wasn't the next Cryin' Lief, "just leave me alone...whaaaa". Jamarcus has shown strength, determination, and flexibility having dealt with the coaching carousel.....hats of to Russell. Keep winning Jamarcus...opps, I mean Raiders....
    JIM OTTO "00"
    In the 1960 NFL Draft there was a center that was completely overlooked by every NFL team. 15 centers were selected that year. Jim Otto was not one of them. After 308 consecutive games and 20 years later, Jim Otto, Mr. Raider, becomes the Raiders first hall of famer.

RaNsOm is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Tre View Post
    Well if that "35.2%" was just alittle higher maybe he'd be at 1.000
    Yes, because its Russells fault we lost to SD when we had the lead going into the final 2 minutes.

This site is amusing.

Hall of Famer
    He's 3-1 over his last 4 games!!!!!!!!!!

So that makes him, what? 6-12 as a starter?

Please consider how ridiculous you sound when you advance these kinds of arguments.

FreaKzilla is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by regret View Post

Please consider how ridiculous you sound when you advance these kinds of arguments.
    I agree.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by ottojimotto View Post
    lol, I was corrected many times for saying that Jamarcus is now 3-1 over his last 4 games by members....I guess this reporter doesn't realize that QB's are not judged by the win-loss record...or at least those that want to constantly rip on Jamarcus. Posters that want to constantly rip Jamarcus never mention a "come from behind", "game winning drive", "on the road in KC", "The coaching turnstyle...2 HC's, 3 OC's, 3 QB coaches in the last couple years"...etc. We are lucky Jamarcus wasn't the next Cryin' Lief, "just leave me alone...whaaaa". Jamarcus has shown strength, determination, and flexibility having dealt with the coaching carousel.....hats of to Russell. Keep winning Jamarcus...opps, I mean Raiders....
    Sure 3-1 is impressive, but let's not lose sight of the fact that the league doesn't do carry over games. Russell is 1-1 this season that is the only thing that matters.

Will he be 2-1 after Sunday? If he continues to play poorly he could be 1-2... so let's not get too excited about two games played last year because they don't count today.
    "You can't Appoint, Hire, or Declare Leadership" ~ Sonny Barger

"Al Davis thought all owners were dilettantes with a new toy. He said to me many times through the years that owners are often the problem with their franchises, that too many of them think they can run things when they cannot, and the teams that succeed are the ones where the owner hires the best people he can and turns the game over to them."

den4life is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by RaNsOm View Post
    Yes, because its Russells fault we lost to SD when we had the lead going into the final 2 minutes.

This site is amusing.
    Are you serious? Did you watch THE REST OF THE GAME?

D-Tre is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

This site is amusing.

Sure, blame the defense. But hey, Russell didn't go 3 and out for the whole 3rd quarter and most of the 4th or anything..

Your logic is amusing.

OWShaddock is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board

This site is amusing.
    So ....

When the defense - and the opponent's incompetence - carry the Raiders to victory, it makes Russell "3-1."

When the defense gives up a late lead, Russell carries no responsibility for the loss.

Can't have it both ways. you can't give him credit when wins, then absolve him of responsibility when the team loses.

Chairman of the Board

This site is amusing.
    Agreed that Russell gave the team the lead with 2:30 to play.

BUT.... he was 12 for 30 for the game, it's not like he was exactly Joe Montana out there. If he could have managed to complete a few more of the passes to his WR's when they were open the Raiders could have been winning the game by a couple TD's instead of by 3.

I mean the guy has trouble hitting his RB's on screen passes, what other NFL QB has trouble completeing screen passes for goodness sake?
    "If my mother put on a helmet and shoulder pads and a uniform that wasn't the same as the one I was wearing, I'd run over her if she was in my way. And I love my mother." – Bo Jackson

SladeNorris is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    So what? A completion percentage like that will not produce many if any more wins over the course of a entire season

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by regret View Post

Well that shows improvement then doesn't it? Steve Young's win loss record wasn't all that great in Tampa, yet he is still in the Hall of Fame some how?

For all you nerds out there:
    01000111011011110010000001010010011000010110100101 10010001100101011100100111001100100001

darkvenom1972 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    So 5 weeks from now can we have a logical discussion on Russell when his 35% completion percentage has us sitting around 2-5?

RaNsOm is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by den4life View Post
    Are you serious? Did you watch THE REST OF THE GAME?
    Absolutely I watched the rest of the game. And I don't care how Russell did the first 3 quarters. The facts are that we had the lead, all the defense had to do was stop SD from marching 80 yards down field, and they couldn't even put on the big boy pants and do that.

Quote Originally Posted by OWShaddock View Post
    So ....

When the defense - and the opponent's incompetence - carry the Raiders to victory, it makes Russell "3-1."

When the defense gives up a late lead, Russell carries no responsibility for the loss.

Can't have it both ways. you can't give him credit when wins, then absolve him of responsibility when the team loses.
    Don't put words in my mouth I'm not the one running around here using the "Russell is 3-1" excuse every chance I get. I didn't say ANYTHING about that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information