Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cable said that McFadden could return punts..

doubler is offline Banned
    Starter

Cable said that McFadden could return punts..

Punt returner Johnnie Lee Higgins fielded some punts and ran some plays at receiver, but sat out enough reps that he was listed as limited and classified as questionable. Cable said he believes Higgins will be able to play.

If not, Cable said Darren McFadden would return punts and call for fair catches.

Pears will start at left guard - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group

Anotharaiderfan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by doubler View Post
    Punt returner Johnnie Lee Higgins fielded some punts and ran some plays at receiver, but sat out enough reps that he was listed as limited and classified as questionable. Cable said he believes Higgins will be able to play.

If not, Cable said Darren McFadden would return punts and call for fair catches.

Pears will start at left guard - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group
    McFadden is a great returner but who else is worried about him fumbling?

ecnirp is offline Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Hall of Famer
    Cable needs to be more concerned about how to use Dmac better as a RB.

Thedeparted is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ecnirp View Post
    has he done anything as a RB?

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ecnirp View Post
    How about we use him as a football player.......

The Iconoclastic Raider in T-town

CmonRaidersWIN is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Does Cable read this forum?

That would be funny. We just had a thread about this.

raiderdude06 is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    What good is having a punt returner that would just fair catch it everytime? We need all the good field position we can get.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidermofojeff View Post
    How about we use him as a football player.......
    Exactly right. Are we trying to keep him from getting injured? He's a football player and we should be putting him in the game wherever he can help the team. RB is our position of greatest depth anyway.

We also protected Russell, and other first team offensive players in the fourth game of preseason by playing them for just one three-and-out (apparently so we could get our three-and-outs perfected - mission accomplished), when what they needed was practice, not protection.

Protect Mcfadden from injuries, and you're protecting the team from decent field position. I know it is all hypothetical, as JLH may be the returner anyway, but the concept ticks me off.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by fernieraiderfan View Post
    Exactly right. Are we trying to keep him from getting injured? He's a football player and we should be putting him in the game wherever he can help the team. RB is our position of greatest depth anyway.

We also protected Russell, and other first team offensive players in the fourth game of preseason by playing them for just one three-and-out (apparently so we could get our three-and-outs perfected - mission accomplished), when what they needed was practice, not protection.

Protect Mcfadden from injuries, and you're protecting the team from decent field position. I know it is all hypothetical, as JLH may be the returner anyway, but the concept ticks me off.
    It's not about protecting him.

Most of McFaddens' fumbles in college were on kick returns.

Welcome to the internet where you are free to post stupid sh*t...

BTW: I was d-mac before Darren McFadden was even born......so don't go there girlfriend.

JR-DMC is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedeparted View Post
    has he done anything as a RB?
    I have seen over 7 plays during two games where McFadden went from HB to WR & they ran the ball with Bush. There were also times where he lined up as a WR.

Also, the total amount of carriers our running backs got in week 2 was disturbing.

ismail86 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I hate this Joe Girardi frame of mind. This is a professional athlete. Play the friggin game. And Joe...PUT JOBA IN THE BULLPEN!!!

Hellmet is offline Limited Membership
    Bench Warmer
    Been reading these forums for awhile now and decided to finally post. I've watched McFadden for a long time and I think what is missing here is opportunity. Like many of you said before, he doesn't get a lot of opportunity in the game to actually make plays.

Getting him 5 to 10 carries a game is self defeating, he is the type of player who tends to get better as the game goes on. The more carries he gets, the stronger and faster he gets. At Arkansas, they would give him the rock 20 to 35 times a game.. and that was with Felix back there. Later in the game, McFadden would thrash some of the best defensives in the nation. He is just that type of player.

So as it stands now, Darren is a complete waste to the Raiders, we either need to trade him to fill some other areas, or take advantage of him and give him the rock.

Note, he goes down easy early in the game but he still gets 3 to 5 yards on those plays. Later in the game you will see a change. I can't explain it.. maybe he needs to get some energy out or something.

dtbat is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Allowing DMcFadden to return either or both punts and kick-offs would be maximizing his abilities and I believe put us in favorable field position. To me it's a no-brainer.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by dtbat View Post
    Allowing DMcFadden to return either or both punts and kick-offs would be maximizing his abilities and I believe put us in favorable field position. To me it's a no-brainer.
    If ball security is an issue, then it is a no-brainer.

The most important job of a kick returner is holding on to the ball.

When teams have a 40-50 yd running start at him, he tended to fumble often & that's in college - think it would be any easier in the NFL?

This team can't afford costly turnovers and expect to win games.

Welcome to the internet where you are free to post stupid sh*t...

BTW: I was d-mac before Darren McFadden was even born......so don't go there girlfriend.

beau is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Put me back there....I was a great football catcher in high school....never even

bobbled 1.

I'll do it for room and board.....I'll fair catch all day.....then I'll carry DMac's

water bottle for him all day....just in case he gets thirsty in between his 8

carries a game.....I mean when I'm not busy fair catching.....

WTF!!!!! Saving players!!! Put that MF back there and let's see the GD

speed......Holy Fug!!!!!!!!!!!! As fans we deserve to see some talent and be

excited about seeing some big named players in the GD Game!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information