Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cable mulling options at left guard

Napo is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board

Post Cable mulling options at left guard

Last edited by RaiderDee; 09-21-2009 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Link the story, not cut and paste

Hall of Famer
    I like best all options that keep Satele off the field........

The Iconoclastic Raider in T-town

Dmac2thehouse is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Barnes a good run blocker, but does he have experience playing guard? He's a big boy, does he have the speed to pull and run downfield?

jtagg7754 is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    I like how he gave a ball to Sea Bass, no argument from this corner. BUT why the hell was he not doing this against the Chargers? Sproles gave them great field position twice if I'm not mistaken. I was asking this to myself the entire damn game. He should kick it deep on kick offs every damn time. We all know he has the leg to.

As for the line, Cable knows better. I don't know how well the other guys can play LG like Paul or Khalif but I'm guessing that's something they'll work on and get it resolved prior to Sunday.

Raiderfans.net

Staff Writer
    Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jtagg7754 View Post
    I like how he gave a ball to Sea Bass, no argument from this corner. BUT why the hell was he not doing this against the Chargers? Sproles gave them great field position twice if I'm not mistaken. I was asking this to myself the entire damn game. He should kick it deep on kick offs every damn time. We all know he has the leg to.

As for the line, Cable knows better. I don't know how well the other guys can play LG like Paul or Khalif but I'm guessing that's something they'll work on and get it resolved prior to Sunday.
    the ball flies much farther during day games compared to night game, this is a result of it being warmer... I don't think he was meaning to kick it shorter, it was a result of it being a night game, ie cooler air.
    follow me on Twitter: @ChrisMcClain

jtagg7754 is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver&Black151 View Post
    the ball flies much farther during day games compared to night game, this is a result of it being warmer... I don't think he was meaning to kick it shorter, it was a result of it being a night game, ie cooler air.
    I actually considered this but no one around me could answer so I disregarded it ha ha. Good call my man.

raiderdude06 is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Hell no do not put satele at center.

wizardoftroy is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidermofojeff View Post
    I like best all options that keep Satele off the field........
    Lol and so true. Barnes seems to me the best option because its usually easier for a left tackle to move to left guard than right tackle sometimes. Also our system is really easy to understand and any left tackle in this league is more than athletic enough to play guard. The one good thing that could come out of this is perhaps we develop cc replacement at rg.

Jerseyboy is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardoftroy View Post
    its usually easier for a left tackle to move to left guard than right tackle sometimes.
    We would know quite a bit about this...

raidertilldeath is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    The bigger question is Green up to blocking Dumervil!? The guy is a beast! I hope we dont see Green false start all game long!!!!!!!

Thedeparted is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by raidertilldeath View Post
    The bigger question is Green up to blocking Dumervil!? The guy is a beast! I hope we dont see Green false start all game long!!!!!!!
    im so ****ing terrified about this matchup.

Raiderfans.net
    Staff Writer

2006, 2007
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver&Black151 View Post
    Yes, that is correct. If any local Bay Area Oakland A's fans can attest to is how the ball flies out of here during the day, but sinks quickly at night...and that is a baseball. Imagine how a football would be affected moving through that same cooler air. The end over end tumble from kicks (not punts because they have a spiral) contributes to that shorter kick as well.

Raiderfans.net

Staff Writer
    Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderDee View Post
    Yes, that is correct. If any local Bay Area Oakland A's fans can attest to is how the ball flies out of here during the day, but sinks quickly at night...and that is a baseball. Imagine how a football would be affected moving through that same cooler air. The end over end tumble from kicks (not punts because they have a spiral) contributes to that shorter kick as well.
    ya, that's a good point too Dee, being an A's fan, I can definitely agree with that... its a huge difference.
    follow me on Twitter: @ChrisMcClain

JUSTautumnWINd is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Don't count out McQuistan.

RaiderMac is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    I would go with the following as our starting lineup........

LT - M.Henderson, LG: C.Morris, C: S.Satele, RG: C.Carlisle, RT: C.Green.

I don't agree with Cable by letting Barnes be a backup @ LT/LG, Barnes has never played guard before, no reason to put the Team in a tough situation to give up sacks and allow penetration from the inside because #1 he's never played the position before and #2 Morris/Satele have done an alright job when in the game.

Why he doesn't use Barnes as a RT considering his run-blocking skills is beyond me, most RT's in the NFL are known for their run-blocking. Time to switch him to RT and put Pears @ LT.

Oh, and as far as McQuistan goes, I don't ever want to see him in the lineup when he's proven to give up sacks/penalties. Go with the experience that I mentioned above with those guys and we should be alright.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information