Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mario Henderson dissapoints me off the field...

CallMeWhatUWill is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro

Mario Henderson dissapoints me off the field...

I was all proud that he seemed ready and serious about being the starting left tackle...but now check this out

" Probably unfair to single out Mario Henderson, but on his Twitter page in recent days he detailed a Burger King binge that astute readers figured out totaled more than 6,400 calories, and in a recent tweet said he ate an entire box of Frosted Flakes the morning of the Saints game. All after being serious about his diet for six months in preparing to become the teamís left tackle."

(this article is in the news section Did post-camp discipline elude Raiders? - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group)

This is rediculous....i dont care if ur an o linemen...u dont bail on ur diet and eat that much BK. Im sure that the diet that Gutierrez is referring to was assigned by the team...and apparently he does just enough work to win the starting job, but not excel in that role. Obviously its our whole team that is not working hard enough or partying before games, but this is just bad. As a raider fan that has gone through the bs, I think we deserve an o line that is working hard to protect and run block, not to digest 6400 calories of fast food. P.S. I love greg ellis for sending this message.

And im expecting some to say who cares its just preseason, but its time to get serious if we expect to put up a fight against the week 1.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by CallMeWhatUWill View Post
    I was all proud that he seemed ready and serious about being the starting left tackle...but now check this out

" Probably unfair to single out Mario Henderson, but on his Twitter page in recent days he detailed a Burger King binge that astute readers figured out totaled more than 6,400 calories, and in a recent tweet said he ate an entire box of Frosted Flakes the morning of the Saints game. All after being serious about his diet for six months in preparing to become the teamís left tackle."

(this article is in the news section Did post-camp discipline elude Raiders? - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group)

This is rediculous....i dont care if ur an o linemen...u dont bail on ur diet and eat that much BK. Im sure that the diet that Gutierrez is referring to was assigned by the team...and apparently he does just enough work to win the starting job, but not excel in that role. Obviously its our whole team that is not working hard enough or partying before games, but this is just bad. As a raider fan that has gone through the bs, I think we deserve an o line that is working hard to protect and run block, not to digest 6400 calories of fast food. P.S. I love greg ellis for sending this message.

And im expecting some to say who cares its just preseason, but its time to get serious if we expect to put up a fight against the week 1.

No, you are quite right.
    And it has been going on for too long - due in the main to the atmosphere that Al Davis generates. He doesn't stop these players acting unprofessional and undermines the coaching staff if they want to do something about it.

Too many players have had the Al Davis scholarship and not done enough, yet remained on the roster.
    Too many players are Al Davis "finds" like Johnson, Kelly, Sands or Eugene and these guys are not always starting material.

It is time for a change in attitude at Raider HQ.
    Tom Cable knows it. He wants to change it.
    The question is how much does Al Davis want things to change?

2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor
    Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by Bram Raider View Post
    The question is how much does Al Davis want things to change?
    IMO, easy answer. He doesn't, or it would've been done already. This is Al's team and he can do whatever he wants with it. If he wanted things to change, all he has to do is change them. The fact that thing are not changing, shows me the belief still stands that we can win with our M.O.

And that is just too bad, cause it isn't going to happen.

Sig by Nexx

This is blood for blood and by the gallons. These are the old days man, the bad days, the all-or-nothing days. They're back! There's no choices left. And I'm ready for war.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by crizpynutz View Post
    IMO, easy answer. He doesn't, or it would've been done already. This is Al's team and he can do whatever he wants with it. If he wanted things to change, all he has to do is change them. The fact that thing are not changing, shows me the belief still stands that we can win with our M.O.

And that is just too bad, cause it isn't going to happen.

It does seem like this endless losing will never end.
    Poor draft decisions.
    Poor free agents signed, some of whom do not fit our schemes.
    Poor choices regarding Head Coaching and other positional coaches.
    Poor motivation on behalf of players.
    Poor play: not lining up correctly, stupid penalties, not playing with proper technique.

Sometimes it is depressing to be a Raider fan.

Hall of Famer
    Now we're critiquing the guys diet based on Twitter posts...wow. The article is troublesome, very much so. Henderson's binge is not, he's a 300 lbs man who probably burns close to 10,000 calories in one day at training camp.

silver_ghost is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Also, it's amazing that people will use every opportunity to chastisize Al Davis. If Mario Henderson is eating too much fast food, it's Al Davis's fault. I think I will make it as my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by GdaMac View Post
    Now we're critiquing the guys diet based on Twitter posts...wow. The article is troublesome, very much so. Henderson's binge is not, he's a 300 lbs man who probably burns close to 10,000 calories in one day at training camp.

Hall of Famer
    this thread is almost as pathetic as the club one on Jamarcus....

How is he playing on the field?

now we're food critics?

Before you challenge the Raider Fans to sell out the Colisseum or say the locals don't support the team Please Read Raider187's extremely informative post: http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakl...ance-woes.html

possessed is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I get Mario's tweets on my phone so there's no chance I miss out on his sheer brilliance. His tweets are hilarious. I read them together with my girlfriend and we both laugh while shaking our heads in mutual disbelief.

Recently from Mario:
    "dats a gud workout and you do a lot of running and dats good and do u you think im too big to do yoga.lol"

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by possessed View Post
    I get Mario's tweets on my phone so there's no chance I miss out on his sheer brilliance. His tweets are hilarious. I read them together with my girlfriend and we both laugh while shaking our heads in mutual disbelief.

Recently from Mario:
    "dats a gud workout and you do a lot of running and dats good and do u you think im too big to do yoga.lol"

yeah man...I love his tweets too....kirk morrison's is good too...when he was trying to get news on a new rapper named Locksmith out of richmond...I tweeted him back on that one....

Of course I never understand warren sapps...it's like him on T.V.....like wtf are you talking about big man?

Before you challenge the Raider Fans to sell out the Colisseum or say the locals don't support the team Please Read Raider187's extremely informative post: http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakl...ance-woes.html

Hall of Famer
    oh btw...

"Finna eat twinkles an flinstone push pop which was my favorite snack as a kid, whic is why im so big and i will run it off in pratice tommor"

By the way...only real bruhs still use finna and their parents haven't beat it out of them yet. That's a tough dude. I think the last time I used finna, fin to, or any of those variations my mom split my lip...

he's going to run it off so stop worrying about his junk food habbit...you do realize he's an O'lineman not a running back right? You guys...I tell you

possessed is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjayboogie View Post
    yeah man...I love his tweets too....kirk morrison's is good too...when he was trying to get news on a new rapper named Locksmith out of richmond...I tweeted him back on that one....

Of course I never understand warren sapps...it's like him on T.V.....like wtf are you talking about big man?
    I don't get the friendly banter Mario has with Sapp. I'd rather Mario punch Sapp in the mush.

ErieRaidahz is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    lol hes a fckin o lineman and hadn't eaten fast food in 6 months who cares

FanInIraq is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    How do you know what his diet is? A lot of the most well know diets and workout programs incorporate cheat meals and cheat days into the schedule. Downing 4k calories is nothing, you are going to complain about a possible 1lb of fat if that?

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjayboogie View Post
    this thread is almost as pathetic as the club one on Jamarcus....

How is he playing on the field?

now we're food critics?
    lol, I was going to say, wtf? When I was Mario's age I ate freakin taco bell every day and was in great shape. ah it's good to be young.

For all you nerds out there:
    01000111011011110010000001010010011000010110100101 10010001100101011100100111001100100001

Mastorofpuppets is offline Banned
    Bench Warmer
    Raiders tonight, here is your host, John Tesh.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information