Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: Michael Huff back in the mix

  1. #1
    Anotharaiderfan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    5,461

    Michael Huff back in the mix

    Davis makes first appearance - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of ANG Newspapers
    – Hiram Eugene spent some time with the second-team defense, with Michael Huff working with the first team at free safety.

  2. #2
    JRaider17's Avatar
    JRaider17 is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,336
    Davis makes appearance...Huff goes into 1st string....
    Oakland Raiders - Welcome to the New Age https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkXK7KBW3Dg

    Terrelle Pryor - Hope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq4qRYPcWT4

    Subscribe and share.

  3. #3
    RaiderInSD21's Avatar
    RaiderInSD21 is online now
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    5,577
    Quote Originally Posted by JRaider17 View Post
    Davis makes appearance...Huff goes into 1st string....
    Wow, thought the same thing.....

  4. #4
    Sonic Raider is offline Banned
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    10,521
    Quote Originally Posted by JRaider17 View Post
    Davis makes appearance...Huff goes into 1st string....
    Either it's coincidence or...you know

    But either way, f*ck Michelle Fluff.

  5. #5
    JUSTautumnWINd's Avatar
    JUSTautumnWINd is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Berkeley
    Posts
    7,285
    – The second-team offensive line during one sequence consisted of left tackle Khalif Barnes, left guard Chris Morris, center John Wade, right guard Marcus Johnson and right tackle James Marten.
    Does this mean Pears is challenging for starting reps or is it that Marten just rotates with him at RT on the second squad?

    I can't imagine Green is best option at RT. If Henderson proves himself early, I think they should immediately ask Barnes to switch to RT.

    I'm interested to learn how Marcus Johnson takes to playing RG. I know he played tackle before. Cooper Carlisle is a lock to start, but he's not getting any younger.

    Looking at the pics from this off-season, Mario is a man now, and he looks convincing out there. We saw how he played last season, and he looks really dedicated. They ought to just move Khalif over now.

    My guess:

    LT: Henderson
    LG: Gallery
    C: Satele
    RG: Carlisle
    RT: Barnes

    C: Wade
    OT: Pears
    OG: McQuistan
    OG: Johnson

    Practice Squad: G/C: Compass


    That's a lot of versatility; McQuistan and Johnson have experience playing Guard and Tackle.
    Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.
    -W.B. Yeats

  6. #6
    JRaider17's Avatar
    JRaider17 is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,336
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTautumnWINd View Post
    Does this mean Pears is challenging for starting reps or is it that Marten just rotates with him at RT on the second squad?

    I can't imagine Green is best option at RT. If Henderson proves himself early, I think they should immediately ask Barnes to switch to RT.

    I'm interested to learn how Marcus Johnson takes to playing RG. I know he played tackle before. Cooper Carlisle is a lock to start, but he's not getting any younger.

    Looking at the pics from this off-season, Mario is a man now, and he looks convincing out there. We saw how he played last season, and he looks really dedicated. They ought to just move Khalif over now.

    My guess:

    LT: Henderson
    LG: Gallery
    C: Satele
    RG: Carlisle
    RT: Barnes


    C: Wade
    OT: Pears
    OG: McQuistan
    OG: Johnson

    Practice Squad: G/C: Compass


    That's a lot of versatility; McQuistan and Johnson have experience playing Guard and Tackle.

    Would be the best line for us, I really hope Green isn't starting opening day.
    Oakland Raiders - Welcome to the New Age https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkXK7KBW3Dg

    Terrelle Pryor - Hope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq4qRYPcWT4

    Subscribe and share.

  7. #7
    JRaider17's Avatar
    JRaider17 is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,336
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Raider View Post
    Either it's coincidence or...you know

    But either way, f*ck Michelle Fluff.
    I honestly would like to see Mitchell and Branch as starters...but of course they have to earn it. Eugene is ok at times, and Huff is Huff...
    Oakland Raiders - Welcome to the New Age https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkXK7KBW3Dg

    Terrelle Pryor - Hope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq4qRYPcWT4

    Subscribe and share.

  8. #8
    Xplosive's Avatar
    Xplosive is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Front office West wing
    Posts
    604
    huff daddy in the mix lets see what he has.. if he doesnt do he can join walter.



    X

  9. #9
    swoosh85's Avatar
    swoosh85 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    3,235
    i'm rootin for huff. But i dunno if he's gonna get a whole lot better than what we've already seen. Although it took a while for Aso to catch on too....

    FS- huff
    SS- mitchell
    cbs- aso, johnson

    thats what i'm hoping for

  10. #10
    swoosh85's Avatar
    swoosh85 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    3,235
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTautumnWINd View Post
    Does this mean Pears is challenging for starting reps or is it that Marten just rotates with him at RT on the second squad?

    I can't imagine Green is best option at RT. If Henderson proves himself early, I think they should immediately ask Barnes to switch to RT.

    I'm interested to learn how Marcus Johnson takes to playing RG. I know he played tackle before. Cooper Carlisle is a lock to start, but he's not getting any younger.

    Looking at the pics from this off-season, Mario is a man now, and he looks convincing out there. We saw how he played last season, and he looks really dedicated. They ought to just move Khalif over now.

    My guess:

    LT: Henderson
    LG: Gallery
    C: Satele
    RG: Carlisle
    RT: Barnes

    C: Wade
    OT: Pears
    OG: McQuistan
    OG: Johnson

    Practice Squad: G/C: Compass


    That's a lot of versatility; McQuistan and Johnson have experience playing Guard and Tackle.
    I'd like to see McQuistan in the starting lineup. I think he brings an edge, a nastiness, that our oline has been lacking. Depends if he's 100% healthy too though.

    LT- Henderson
    LG- Gallery
    C- Satele
    RG- CC
    RT- McQuistan

  11. #11
    MikeOxlong's Avatar
    MikeOxlong is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by swoosh85 View Post
    i'm rootin for huff. But i dunno if he's gonna get a whole lot better than what we've already seen. Although it took a while for Aso to catch on too....

    FS- huff
    SS- mitchell
    cbs- aso, johnson

    thats what i'm hoping for
    Thats my hope too. I know it is wishful thinking but if Huff could turn the corner and become a decent ball hawk type safety, with Mitchell layin the wood and Aso and Johnson holden down the corners.......That would be a NICE secondary for years to come.

  12. #12
    MikeOxlong's Avatar
    MikeOxlong is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by swoosh85 View Post
    I'd like to see McQuistan in the starting lineup. I think he brings an edge, a nastiness, that our oline has been lacking. Depends if he's 100% healthy too though.

    LT- Henderson
    LG- Gallery
    C- Satele
    RG- CC
    RT- McQuistan
    I say move Barnes to RT and leave McQuistan as a backup because he has more versitlity (can play tackle or guard). Barnes is here on a one year contract......he has got to prove his worth this year and we need to know what he can do.

  13. #13
    790SFS is offline Banned
    Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    163
    huff, fab, gabriel, russell, dhb, etc........

  14. #14
    BigBoii's Avatar
    BigBoii is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Fremont
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by 790SFS View Post
    huff, fab, gabriel, russell, dhb, etc........
    Sick of ur $hit quit posting if your just gonna say unintelligent negative things

  15. #15
    R8drTahoe's Avatar
    R8drTahoe is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Truckee, CA
    Posts
    3,492
    Is it possible that Huff can turn it around in his third year? I know it's not all that plausible, but Nnamdi took three years to excell granted after converting to a CB from Safety...

    That would be such a relief if Huff could actually become a true NFL starter. I remember how much the media etc. talked him up to be the next best thing... the next Ed Reed... I would be ecstatic if he actually showed that he's got the skills and the will to be an NFL starting calibur safety.

    That would be one less hole, one less project, and one less worry.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •