Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Keith Davis: Garcia gives us best chance to win

Brazy is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    WFT?
    why the hell do i have to read this b.s. from some 4th string linebacker, special teams player, who might not even make the team?
    all it does is piss me off. son of a b-eotch.
    more fodder for the haters.
    this guy has no more qualified an opinion then mine.
    he basis his b.s. on years in the league.
    well JamRock's team beat Garcia's team last year, so now what?
    i like his "nothing against jamarcus" crap.
    f this dumbazz. dam this makes me so fluckin pissed.

MUCH RESPECT TO THE NATION

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Anotharaiderfan View Post
    Keith Davis: Garcia gives us best chance to win - Inside The Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of ANG Newspapers

Very interesting statement from a fringe starter, special teamer.

I distinctly remember Deangelo Hall,Ashlie Lelie, and Justin Griffith make a big push for Michael Vick coincedently all of them were released.

How does the nation feel about this strong statement?
    Who cares what Keith Davis says, the guy is a scrub. Special Teams? Come on now. That guy gives us no chance to win. He'd get burned all the time in dallas.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by jtagg7754 View Post
    Sorry, your post needed a little bit of editing.
    no, i said it right. You edited it incorrectly because Every thing is potential. It said for long term success, you must develop the young man and you need to get him out there to do it. If he doesn't develop it's obvious there won't be success. Just like Garcia.. it's potential short term success, nothing is given. So, do you want to work towards short term, or long term?

jtagg7754 is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by dmauke View Post
    no, i said it right. You edited it incorrectly because Every thing is potential. It said for long term success, you must develop the young man and you need to get him out there to do it. If he doesn't develop it's obvious there won't be success. Just like Garcia.. it's potential short term success, nothing is given. So, do you want to work towards short term, or long term?
    Long term obviously. Thing is, one has shown us what he can do, one has not.

SlowLane is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    wow when did we get an editor?

are you serious dude? WOW lol.

jtagg7754 is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowLane View Post
    wow when did we get an editor?

are you serious dude? WOW lol.
    About as serious as your 13-3 prediction.

darkvenom1972 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by jsg View Post
    This dummy is pickin sides and dont do that so the media can run wit it even if you feel that way keep it in the locker room ..go raiders
    So what if he has said he supports Russell and said that he is our starter and that Garcia was signed to back him up and support him? That would still be taking sides, although I doubt anything would be said about it.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by raider95nation View Post
    Who cares what Keith Davis says, the guy is a scrub. Special Teams? Come on now. That guy gives us no chance to win. He'd get burned all the time in dallas.
    You know the difference between Keith Davis and you? One plays in the NFL..... So you guys hating on him because he is a "special teams player" and a "scrub", quit hating. You would swap with him and live the dream in a nanosecond. And hey, this guy is a real NFL player. His opinions probably carry a tiny bit more weight than ours does.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazy View Post
    WFT?
    why the hell do i have to read this b.s. from some 4th string linebacker, special teams player, who might not even make the team?
    all it does is piss me off. son of a b-eotch.
    more fodder for the haters.
    this guy has no more qualified an opinion then mine.
    he basis his b.s. on years in the league.
    well JamRock's team beat Garcia's team last year, so now what?
    i like his "nothing against jamarcus" crap.
    f this dumbazz. dam this makes me so fluckin pissed.

MUCH RESPECT TO THE NATION
    I think the only way this post could have been worse is if it was written in all caps lock. Fact is, he does have a more qualified opinion than you, or me. He plays in the NFL. Would you take advice from a lawyer about law, or your cousin who watches every episode of Law and order, because honestly, that is a pretty legit comparison here. We watch the games....he plays them.
    And your "he basis his b.s. on years in the league? Um...experience does matter. It is not like he is a new draft pick here. He has years of experience playing on an NFL team to back his opinion up with.
    And the "JamRock's team beat Garcia's team last year" comment, well last I checked Garcia wasn't the one out there missing tackles on the defense that made Bush look like a Pro bowler. If you want to talk results, compare the team records, compare QB ratings. Garcia was 9th in the NFL in QB rating. JamRock was 26th. Now I think we play Russell because he was our #1 pick, but you cannot just say that the Raiders beat the Bucs last year so Russell is better. That is just a completely wrong suggestion.

mondo is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    i dont care what the media has to say about russell, he is the starter and i cant wait to see what he brings to the table! we have a new offensive line and once they start protecting russell better he will be dangerous! our line last year was letting jamarcus get killed out there at times last season! i have total faith in tom cable with fixing our offensive line to protect our first round pick quarterback! he has the best arm in the NFL and its time to start using it!

jeff garcia is going to have alot of time standing on the sideline with his clipboard! hahaha

Hall of Famer
    what Keith Davis is saying is straight from the heart, and i'm sure that there are other players on the team that feel the same way.

however, Al Davis didn't pick Jamarcus 1st overall and pay him $30mil plus in guaranteed money to have him sit on a bench to have Jeff Garcia play. the bottom line is that the Raiders need to see what they have in Jamarcus.

if he plays really well and shows improvement, then the Raiders can rest easy and focus on building the team around him. if he sucks it up royally and lays a fat Ryan Leaf/Akili Smith, then its back to the drawing board and more of the same song we Raider fans have had to go through for the better part of the decade.

so win or lose, Russell needs to play.

Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by darkvenom1972 View Post
    You know the difference between Keith Davis and you? One plays in the NFL..... So you guys hating on him because he is a "special teams player" and a "scrub", quit hating. You would swap with him and live the dream in a nanosecond. And hey, this guy is a real NFL player. His opinions probably carry a tiny bit more weight than ours does.
    You're absolutely right. Having said that, an NFL player should have known better and kept his mouth shut or said something politically correct in this case.

When the Giants played Eli over Warner, I'd be willing to bet that many of the players thought they had a better chance to win now with Warner. But I don't remember any one of them being dopey enough to voice that opinion to the media.
    "He's relentless, shoot him in the head is the only way to stop him. If Howie's alive and still kicking he's coming."

-HOF guard John Hannah

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    jeff garcia is going to have alot of time standing on the sideline with his clipboard! hahaha
    For you guys that are saying that we have the best fans....well I am seeing a lot of hate towards our own players here. Laughing at Garcia for being the backup? WTF? What if we need this guy at some point, which I can guarantee you 100% we will. Will you be laughing at him when he is running our offense for us? If so, what does that say?
    Calling this Keith Davis guy a scrub and saying that you don't give a @#$@ what he says because he is a special teams player?
    Wow guys...I thought we were supposed to support the Raiders players. Last I checked, neither of these guys has done anything wrong here. They have blown no games. They have not criticized the team. Remember, our front office signed them both because they thought they could help us win.

Chiefhater is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by dmauke View Post
    Who knows if it was just a quick question and some reporter just wanted to throw some more gasoline on a qb controversy fire that really doesn't exist.

It's really simple:

Garcia= Potential short term success, team must become more of a WCO passing team. Stay healthy the whole season.

Russell= Potential Long term success, must develop by gaining experience.

I can edit too.

For the record, I support JR, but can't help be a little intrigued by the thought of an offense (with garcia) that would have a much faster tempo.

OTF
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by madstork View Post
    Gannon wasn't that Gannon when he was 23. If you don't have patience you have no business using the #1 overall pick on a 22 year old quarterback and making him a multi-millionaire.

These guys all need to be taught what it takes to win at the NFL level. That's why the Raiders got wise and hired Paul Hackett to mentor Russell. Hackett taught Gannon how to be that guy and we need to let this play out.
    Amen! Add to that does anyone think Drew Bledsoe didn't give the patriots a better chance to win in 2001 then Brady did? He had been to the Pro Bowl 3 out of is 9 years in the league and led his team to the Super Bowl. Now if he hadn't gotten hurt Brady would never have played and New England wouldn't know what they had on the bench.

Russell is better then Garcia and gives us a better chance to win PERIOD!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information