Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 99

Thread: Keith Davis: Garcia gives us best chance to win

  1. #31
    FanInIraq's Avatar
    FanInIraq is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,955
    Quote Originally Posted by 8485 View Post
    I give Russell two bad games and Garcia is coming in. You never know the guy could turn this team around like Warner did for the Cardnails it could happen we have the talent.
    And then what happens when he bails next year?

  2. #32
    Sevendust's Avatar
    Sevendust is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,207
    I agree with Keith Davis! I do think that Jeff Garcia gives us the best chance to win now.

    I have not been a fan of JaMarcus Russell since he missed most of his first year due to making sure he was making enough money in his contract. Considering our economy is doing so great! (sarcasm)

    The guy was a first overall draft pick. I dont really understand his football problems? Yeah he can throw the ball hard and throw the ball a mile. But overall he his fundementals, work ethic, football smarts, and leadership are really bad! I believe that we are building a good core of young players on this team and that JaMarcus is holding the Raiders back from winning. Since he was a first overall pick he should have been one of the most ready players to step right in and play.

    I think JaMarcus was so good at LSU because he was surrounded by tons of talent. Now in the NFL he relies to much on his talent. The fact about him is he is really a overweight, lazy, lack of leadership type of quarterback, with very poor football fundementals, and someone who relies to much on his athletic talent.

    Its time to call him a bust if he does not show sign of being a franchise Quarterback. He is our version of Ryan Leaf.

    Yes... I might take a lot of flack for this post about being negative about JaMarcus Russell. I feel I am just being honest about this topic. I really miss the Rich Gannon type of Quarterback who did not ooze with talent nor could he throw the ball 100 miles. The Rich Gannon type of quarterback was the first one to show up for work and the last one to leave at the end of the day. The type of quarterback that led by example and showed emotion. The quarterback who got on other players for slacking on plays. Someone who shows emotion and is a true leader.

    Its time to call JaMarcus a bust and cut our ties with him if he does not pan out soon!

    We should consider finding another quarterback in the draft or trading for one next offseason.


    AGAIN... I might take a lot of flack for this. But I am just being honest. I am not coming up with excuses that are covering up for this guy.

    I feel the veteran players on the Oakland Raiders see what JaMarcus Russell really is....

  3. #33
    Chiefhater's Avatar
    Chiefhater is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Wichita,Ks
    Posts
    6,017
    One thing I do like about Garcia is that he gets the ball out quick. If nothing is there he can feel the pressure, step up and make positive yards. JaMarcus holds the ball too long

    I just hope Russell lights it up early and never looks back so we don't have to worry about it anymore.

    JaMarcus is still a young one, so I'd chill on the bust talk, but at the same time every team is in the business to win, so JaMarcus has to win and soon.

  4. #34
    calilivin7's Avatar
    calilivin7 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    SD
    Posts
    1,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevendust View Post
    I agree with Keith Davis! I do think that Jeff Garcia gives us the best chance to win now.

    I have not been a fan of JaMarcus Russell since he missed most of his first year due to making sure he was making enough money in his contract. Considering our economy is doing so great! (sarcasm)

    The guy was a first overall draft pick. I dont really understand his football problems? Yeah he can throw the ball hard and throw the ball a mile. But overall he his fundementals, work ethic, football smarts, and leadership are really bad! I believe that we are building a good core of young players on this team and that JaMarcus is holding the Raiders back from winning. Since he was a first overall pick he should have been one of the most ready players to step right in and play.

    I think JaMarcus was so good at LSU because he was surrounded by tons of talent. Now in the NFL he relies to much on his talent. The fact about him is he is really a overweight, lazy, lack of leadership type of quarterback, with very poor football fundementals, and someone who relies to much on his athletic talent.

    Its time to call him a bust if he does not show sign of being a franchise Quarterback. He is our version of Ryan Leaf.

    Yes... I might take a lot of flack for this post about being negative about JaMarcus Russell. I feel I am just being honest about this topic. I really miss the Rich Gannon type of Quarterback who did not ooze with talent nor could he throw the ball 100 miles. The Rich Gannon type of quarterback was the first one to show up for work and the last one to leave at the end of the day. The type of quarterback that led by example and showed emotion. The quarterback who got on other players for slacking on plays. Someone who shows emotion and is a true leader.

    Its time to call JaMarcus a bust and cut our ties with him if he does not pan out soon!

    We should consider finding another quarterback in the draft or trading for one next offseason.


    AGAIN... I might take a lot of flack for this. But I am just being honest. I am not coming up with excuses that are covering up for this guy.

    I feel the veteran players on the Oakland Raiders see what JaMarcus Russell really is....
    I wont give you any flack, its your opinion and thats cool. I think JR will be good someday, if he is working hard and studying hard I think he may show us some signs of being a stud this year.

    I will ask you to remember though that Gannon came here very late in his career, year 12. Now if you look at the stats Gannon came up with early on in his career you may be a little easier on JR. But maybe not. Rich was never a great QB untill he found the system and players that fit his skill set for the Oakland Raiders..

    In 1990 his first year getting real playing time for the Vikes he threw for 2278 yards 16 td's and 16 int's in 12 games started and 14 games played. This was also his fourth year in the NFL, first year taking the reigns as a starter. You can see my point I am sure, not trying to tell you that your opinion is wrong. Only that it took Rich Gannon quite a bit of time to become the player he was for us in Oakland with HOF veteran WR's in Tim Brown and Jerry Rice. Not to mention Charlie Garner who was basically Brian Westbrook for us. You and others who dont see potential in JR may end up being right, but check it out man. Its hard to be great in this league playing QB, it took Gannon from 1987 untill 1999 to fulfill his potential.

    Will you be willing to give JR that much time, I doubt it. So its not that your opinion will be wrong no one knows the answer to that, but IMO you are not giving JR a fair shot.

    Forgot to adress the Leaf thing, in 9 games started in his second year he put up 1883 yards, 11td's and 18 int's. Hardly being fare to JR imho.
    All stats ref from Pro-Football Referance.com

  5. #35
    Anotharaiderfan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    5,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevendust View Post
    I believe that we are building a good core of young players on this team and that JaMarcus is holding the Raiders back from winning.
    LMAO at this, you do know the only reason the Raiders had a opportunity to draft Russell is because they were 2-14 with one of the worst offenses in NFL history?

  6. #36
    calilivin7's Avatar
    calilivin7 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    SD
    Posts
    1,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Anotharaiderfan View Post
    LMAO at this, you do know the only reason the Raiders had a opportunity to draft Russell is because they were 2-14 with one of the worst offenses in NFL history?
    Very possibly the worst starting O-Line in NFL history. Remember the sacks from that year, part of the reason I really like Cable is how he took that line and got them to at least play OK. Plus if anyone can name me one 1st year starter, who had less proven talent around him that had a significantly better year than JR did I would be very surprised.

    Once again not trying to say JR is Marino or Elway just yet, I just think he deserves a chance.

  7. #37
    Chiefhater's Avatar
    Chiefhater is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Wichita,Ks
    Posts
    6,017
    Quote Originally Posted by Anotharaiderfan View Post
    LMAO at this, you do know the only reason the Raiders had a opportunity to draft Russell is because they were 2-14 with one of the worst offenses in NFL history?

    Lol. Good point.

    I all honesty, who knows which QB gives us the best chance to win?

    Garcia is seasoned but hasn't faired much better at the OTA's so far. Plus we'd almost have to play an entirely different style of offense with Garcia in there.

  8. #38
    llamaraider's Avatar
    llamaraider is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    107
    Awesome response calilivin7, I feel the same way.

  9. #39
    silver & black's Avatar
    silver & black is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Massillon, Ohio
    Posts
    7,384
    I'm not JR's biggest fan either, but it's a bit hard to compare him to Gannon. JR is basically, at least to someone around my age, a kid. Gannon was in his 30's when he came here... a hell of a lot more mature than JR is, at this point.

    I would expect Gannon to understand the importence of working hard, studying film, and helping the young players around him see the light as to what it takes to win. Gannon was also with three other teams before he came here... he had experience from more than one place in the league. JR has much to learn, no doubt, but that doesn't mean he is a bust... yet. This year is going to tell if JR has what it takes to succeed in this league, or if he really has the desire to be the leader of the Oakland Raiders...... I know what I'm hoping for, and I hope everyone else is too, weather you wanted to draft him or not.

  10. #40
    cheapshotartist's Avatar
    cheapshotartist is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oaktown
    Posts
    28,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Anotharaiderfan View Post
    Keith Davis: Garcia gives us best chance to win - Inside The Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of ANG Newspapers




    Very interesting statement from a fringe starter, special teamer.

    I distinctly remember Deangelo Hall,Ashlie Lelie, and Justin Griffith make a big push for Michael Vick coincedently all of them were released.

    How does the nation feel about this strong statement?
    Who the f*ck is Keith Davis? His azz will be on the street as soon as Al reads this BS.

  11. #41
    R8RFOX's Avatar
    R8RFOX is offline

    2006, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Beaverton, OR
    Posts
    14,058
    Ok please tell me. Just who the fuk is Keith Davis? I gives a rats ass about what he thinks. Russell is going to light it up this year. I feel it.. Garcia is going to get used to carrying a clip board around.
    Don't let what you can't do, stop you from doing what you can do!

  12. #42
    ErieRaidahz is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    3,823
    davis was asked the question and gave his honest opinion.

    its not like he was trying to cause problems or anything.

    not a big deal.

  13. #43
    crizpynutz's Avatar
    crizpynutz is offline

    2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    20,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Anotharaiderfan View Post
    Keith Davis: Garcia gives us best chance to win - Inside The Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of ANG Newspapers




    Very interesting statement from a fringe starter, special teamer.

    I distinctly remember Deangelo Hall,Ashlie Lelie, and Justin Griffith make a big push for Michael Vick coincedently all of them were released.

    How does the nation feel about this strong statement?
    I feel....meh, whatever.

    You aren't just trying to win this year, but next year and the year after.

    My question would be, how many more wins than Russell is Garcia good for this year? IMO, not enough to make the difference of winning a Super Bowl or not. So I give Russell the ball, he is our now and our future (hopefully).

    Sig by Nexx

    This is blood for blood and by the gallons. These are the old days man, the bad days, the all-or-nothing days. They're back! There's no choices left. And I'm ready for war.

  14. #44
    blackbishop is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPearl34 View Post
    Well thats not good to hear. Keith Davis watches JaMarcus everyday so he has more input then any of us or the media. Granted its still OTAs we'll see how he does in camp and then this will turn into a sh!t storm if this crap continues.


    AND LMFAO at someone saying he's racist!! I cant wait for someone to SERIOUSLY pull that card like they did me for posting pictures! LOLOLOLOLOLOL
    The problem with that is I do not believe Garcia has been to OTAs since Davis was signed.

    I think he is going on the fact he has seen Garcia for several years and has no clue about Russell, so he would go with the player he knows.

  15. #45
    madstork's Avatar
    madstork is offline

    2009
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,738
    1. Al said back in February that he was realistic about the Raiders' chances this year and didn't think they'd be able to make a serious playoff push until 2010.
    2. The Raiders have invested over $30 million guaranteed in Russell.
    3. Over 90% of the team is very young, not just the QB.
    4. Garcia is 39 years old and signed for one year.


    Furthermore, the Giants sat Warner and played Eli when Warner was clearly the better "win now" guy, because they made a huge long-term investment in Eli. Worked for them.

    Russell Starts, Garcia sits. As it should be.
    "He's relentless, shoot him in the head is the only way to stop him. If Howie's alive and still kicking he's coming."

    -HOF guard John Hannah

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •