Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The bad news will not stop coming from this draft

All-Pro

The bad news will not stop coming from this draft

RaiderBrandon is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    You don't want to kill them before they even put pads on.

trueraiderfan17 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I would like to know what the were taking percaution (sp) about though.

R8drTahoe is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

I always go back and look at what I've missed...

Everytime somebody posts a link to JM's blog, I go back and read the earlier posts that I've missed first.

I like what I'm hearing...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Mac's blog-Minicamp Practice Recap
    – Admittedly against an offensive line that can’t cut block or fully engage, Kelly appears to be getting consistent penetration at tackle. Terdell Sands also appears to be in better condition.

– Some interesting defensive looks _ John Bowie coming on a corner blitz with Hiram Eugene sliding over to take the receiver, Nnamdi Asomugha coming on a corner blitz, and Thomas Howard coming on a blitz.

–After O’Neill went to the ground on a pass pattern near the sideline following contact from second-round pick Mike Mitchell, defensive coordinator John Marshall said, “Mike, stay off him!”

– Russell did have one jaw-dropping throw _ a laser to Tony Stewart some 30 yards downfield on a line between two defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Mac's Blog - Minicamp notebook, quotebook
    – Jeff Garcia has been flawlessly diplomatic in his acceptance of being Russell’s backup quarterback since his arrival. He said he is fine with being called a “mentor” by Cable, and had some interesting observations about what Russell can pick up from watching him.

“Deep inside we’re all competitors and we all play this game to be on the field, to not be on the sidelines,” Garcia said. “Hopefully that competitive drive is just what allows JaMarcus to increase his own competitive spirit.

“The greatest understanding that needs to come out of all this is that this is a small window in our lives. It’s a small window of opportunity to and to make the most of this opportunity. And if that means you need to put more pressure on yourself to strive to be better, to do the little things that are going to make you better, then that’s what we all need to do. Hopefully that’s something that he will see in me in the sense of how I approach every single day.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Mac's Blog - DHB sits it out
    – Guard Cooper Carlisle found himself on the ground during the no-contact drills courtesy of Tommy Kelly two times in a span of three plays.

– Russell’s passing continued to be hit and miss, with a lot short throws to running backs and tight ends with the occasional attempt downfield. He found Louis Murphy on a deep cross on one attempt, and later threw a high wobbler down the left sideline toward Murphy that missed badly out of bounds with Justin Miller in coverage.

Practice ended with Russell completing a sideline route to Murphy.

– A good sign offensively _ two well-executed screen passes, one from Russell to Michael Bush and another from Bruce Gradkowski to Louis Rankin.

Linebacker Ricky Brown returned after sitting out the first session, and deflected and nearly intercepted a Garcia pass.
    Training camps... not a lot of action.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by trueraiderfan17 View Post
    I would like to know what the were taking percaution (sp) about though.
    probably all of the cramping...these rooks get an nfl paced practice and get cramped up a lot...although I never quite seen this many people skipping practice....

you know what is tripping me out is arman shields is STILL not healthy...it's been two years and this guy still can't run without pain?

Before you challenge the Raider Fans to sell out the Colisseum or say the locals don't support the team Please Read Raider187's extremely informative post: http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakl...ance-woes.html

Chairman of the Board
    lol... wow...

this is going to be one loooooong offseason. !!!!

Go Raiders.

2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    All I can say is WOW...
    PIRATE GUY I'M IN
    2014 OAKLAND RAIDERS: BUILDING THE FUTURE ONE PIECE AT A TIME

"Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon." John Madden
    Join our Social Group: House of Thrills Tailgating Crew. Post your pics. Tell us your experiences.
    http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/groups/house-thrills-tailgating-crew.html

Hall of Famer
    I hope it was just for precautions and nothing more......
    "If your going through HELL, keep going"
    -Winston Churchill-

Hall of Famer
    –After O’Neill went to the ground on a pass pattern near the sideline following contact from second-round pick Mike Mitchell, defensive coordinator John Marshall said, “Mike, stay off him!”
    Ladies and Gentlemen...I think we might have our first KILLER.....too early to tell...but I can't find nothing not to love....

Before you challenge the Raider Fans to sell out the Colisseum or say the locals don't support the team Please Read Raider187's extremely informative post: http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakl...ance-woes.html

RaiderBrandon is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjayboogie View Post
    probably all of the cramping...these rooks get an nfl paced practice and get cramped up a lot...although I never quite seen this many people skipping practice....

you know what is tripping me out is arman shields is STILL not healthy...it's been two years and this guy still can't run without pain?
    Shields probably won't make the roster the way things are going. Every receiver on this team can do what he can do, run fast. He brings nothing to the table that the others can't as far as I'm concerned.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBrandon View Post
    Shields probably won't make the roster the way things are going. Every receiver on this team can do what he can do, run fast. He brings nothing to the table that the others can't as far as I'm concerned.
    allegedly..this guy runs/ran excellent routes....we'll never know because this guy hasn't been able to get on the field....

this sucks that he was a 4th round pick....ugh!

Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider Ran View Post
    All I can say is WOW...
    yip!!

Raider Karma is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Keep in mind that none of these guys are under contract yet. Could be a business move. Who knows?

Let's be honest though, this is not going to be the moment that makes or breaks this draft. Wait til September...

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by the_new_Jerry View Post
    lol... wow...

this is going to be one loooooong offseason. !!!!

I hear you Bob! All the " I told you so's", are already out in force.lol One ****ing mini camp and our draftees are busts because one dropped three consecutive pases yesterday and then three of them sat out the on field portion of the day's practice. ****ing hilarious!!!

Naphtali is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information