Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robert Gallery

SJORaider is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie

Robert Gallery

I am not sure if this should be in the rumor mill as I have not seen any report on it. My friend works with Robert's wife, and his wife told her he extended his contract for two more years. I think he was scheduled to be a free agent next year. If in fact this was done, I am very pleased. She told me he loves Cable and that may have been the reason. I hope this got done. I do find it strange it wasn't reported, but it is the Raiders.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Marquis Cooper, Corey Smith, and William Bleakley.

coach vic is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    What I would like to know is why Robert's wife has to work?

Asomughafan is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by coach vic View Post
    haha 4real

Twin84AirRaid is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Probably to avoid going stir crazy...

Hall of Famer
    Hope it is true as well Gallery has really come around especially since he has had a real coach to work with.

sa_dick_steele is online now Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Looks like Robert got smart and didn't end up with a gold digger.

More than likely she works to stay busy.

Hall of Famer
    Well, maybe she just doesn't want her degree to go to waste. Or she's a career women, some women do that, have careers.

thatraider707 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    hey, maybe he did some adjustment to his 5 mill roster bonus this year. he freed up some cap space. he should be gettin paid like a guard.

He is a good guard, the best o lineman we have right now. i want him to be a straight up mauler this year, but he is a finesse guy not the strongest guys out there but i like having a finesse left side and a mean right side. i wish we could get barnes, carslile should bounce back from his lackluster 08. maybe get a C on the draft. mack will be gone to the cards at the latest so we need to think of plan B.

good news about gallery if its true and kudos to him for gettin a good woman and not a gold digger like some NFL wives.

lxmosley is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Hey this is some damn good news for us..another veteran on the line! keep him because he has really improved...Tom Cable is about to have us right this season!!

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asomughafan View Post
    haha 4real
    Some women feel the need to work just to get out of the hosue. My dad is a very successful engineer and his wife doesn't need to work, but she does because she doesn't want to stay in the house all day long. Perhaps Robert's wife feels the same way.

Chairman of the Board
    If it is true it the kind of thing that the Raiders don't usually announce anyway.
    I did say that it was likely that the Raiders would re-work and extend Gallery's contract in order to re-do his roster bonus.

Everything I'd seen suggested he was under contract through 2009 AND 2010.
    By extending for 2 more years (through 2012) the roster bonus would no doubt be increased, but pro-rated over 4 years when changed to a signing bonus.

If it is true, then it is good news.
    Having our (currently) best OL signed through 2012 would be some good work.

Gawdzilla is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    If that's true, I'm stoked.
    Gallery has been excellent since the move to LG, and has stayed healthy and sturdy. Glad to keep him! I hope his hard work is rewarded with an SB trip soon

Hall of Famer
    Some people like to work instead of waiting for others to sponsor them.

2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor
    Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by thatraider707 View Post
    hey, maybe he did some adjustment to his 5 mill roster bonus this year. he freed up some cap space. he should be gettin paid like a guard.

He is a good guard, the best o lineman we have right now. i want him to be a straight up mauler this year, but he is a finesse guy not the strongest guys out there but i like having a finesse left side and a mean right side. i wish we could get barnes, carslile should bounce back from his lackluster 08. maybe get a C on the draft. mack will be gone to the cards at the latest so we need to think of plan B.

good news about gallery if its true and kudos to him for gettin a good woman and not a gold digger like some NFL wives.
    He is getting paid like a OG. I did a ton of research months ago on this and don't have the time to go find it, but if you start looking at OG salaries in the NFL, Gallery is right around the 50th percentile, e.g. middle of the road. Some OG make double what Gallery does.

He's playing at a high level, some might say Pro Bowl level and we should and need to keep him. Glad if this is true.

Sig by Nexx

This is blood for blood and by the gallons. These are the old days man, the bad days, the all-or-nothing days. They're back! There's no choices left. And I'm ready for war.

Coach_G is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by thatraider707 View Post

I agree with most of what you said, but Gallery isn't a finesse guy. He is strong, has good leverage for being tall and he has good quickness not so much finesse... His problem with the LT position wasn't his run blocking it was his ability to be athletic in space or Finesse with short arms during pass protection. Gallery was over aggressive in setting his pass protections causing him to get over his feet and get beat by faster DE's.. OF COURSE the seven drop steps and back peddling for ten yards didn't help him either.....No need to explain.....

Our current LT situation on the other hand "Harris is gone" he was finesse but so is Henderson (better than Harris) but Mario's knock so far has been his strength and power blocking abilities. Gallery brings the power to the left side. Carlisle is a leverage and positioning guy... Not much power with him either. We will have to wait and see who plays Center this year. RT is the our biggest problem and FA is trying to address that . We don't need to have the huge power guys with this system. Hold your ground with inside pass rush protections and maintain good feet and leverage at the point of attack during run blocking. I got carried away again.... I'm hoping we fix this and everyone will benefit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information