Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: If we are waiting for Haley or someone else, then what about Cable?

NEO
    NEO is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Time will tell!

R8drTahoe is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletproof! View Post
    Thanks for the article Bulletproof. Rep to you sir.

The part about other head coaches bringing in longtime friends just made me shake my head. What does being friends have to do with putting together a good coaching staff? It reminded me of Art Shell being allowed to put together his own staff and hiring his long time friend Tom Walsh as OC...

Thanks again Bulletproof.

JUSTautumnWINd is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Al is hiring assistants that he's supposedly clearing with Tom Cable.

So, if Al is in fact bringing in other HC candidates, that... that's just f*cking asinine.

Despite nothing in the recent history of he organization to convince me otherwise, I have to believe that is NOT the case. It just can't be possible that Al is actually putting Cable on hold, WHILE having him continue interim HC duties, AND continuing to interview prospective Head coaches, AS he simultaneously fills assistant positions that most head coaches would like to fill themselves.

For my own sanity, I have to ASSUME Cable is all but formally hired and the organization is scrambling to fill the coordinator positions.

cat444 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    todd haley will not coach here, the cheif want him and if haley is intelligent he will pick the job at kc who he will have true power, not to be the puppet of davis and fired after 1 season and half. cable is the hc and al saunders or jim fassell or marc trestman will become oc.

Hall of Famer
    this is a mans game, Cable and the players know whats going on. If Al can get someone more qualified than cable then he's going to do it. Its business and the smart thing to do. He was hired as "INTERIM COACH" and that will always be the "out" if needed. We cant look at and worry what all the crybabies are going to say or feel. If they dont man up, then they arent the right person anyway. No soft pussy thinking is needed now

disposeablehero is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by signal View Post
    Not sure what all the fuss is about. Everything I have read, suggests that Cable is the guy and it merely hasn't been announced yet. So what? In short we HAVE a HC and Al merely has to remove the interim label. Now DC is still a huge question mark.

See
    D-coordinator candidates a mystery - Inside The Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of ANG Newspapers
    How can you not see how bad this seacrh is, why wait to announce cable? If he wants to interview others that means he is not sold on cable, year after year AL does this and we end up with a bad coach and the stigma that we have no plan or direction, nothing good can come of this, nothing. Why wait to announce? This cloak and dagger paranoia is ridiculous.

Darren20 is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    It's time I decompress and step away from reading coaching threads, because I know that nothing will be done for another week at the earliest and it may drag on for a couple weeks longer..

It's just how Al does it...

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by disposeablehero View Post
    How can you not see how bad this seacrh is, why wait to announce cable? If he wants to interview others that means he is not sold on cable,
    Exactly, dont you get it. He's not sold on Cable yet. If he can attract a more qualified coach (Haley) then he's going to do it. What part of that dont you understand. We can only hope he can attract a more qualified person than cable. Very unlikely because of how Al is involved, but we as fans should want the best qualified person as possible. We cant be in the running for the big dogs, people like Cowher and such, but we got to get the best person possible. And it's pretty sad if Cable is the best option for the Raiders. Some fans appear to be settling for less these days, I remember the days when we wanted more.

disposeablehero is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRaider2010 View Post
    Exactly, dont you get it. He's not sold on Cable yet. If he can attract a more qualified coach (Haley) then he's going to do it. What part of that dont you understand. We can only hope he can attract a more qualified person than cable. Very unlikely because of how Al is involved, but we as fans should want the best qualified person as possible. We cant be in the running for the big dogs, people like Cowher and such, but we got to get the best person possible. And it's pretty sad if Cable is the best option for the Raiders. Some fans appear to be settling for less these days, I remember the days when we wanted more.
    I understand that, obviosuly, I am the one who mentioend it first, DUH. BUT if he is not sold on Cable why hire him to begin with? Thats the issue,w e are the only team that has to have a backup plan because no hot candidate will coem ehre alal Shell Part 2. either way it is not good for us. Haley will not come here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information