Thread: Facebook messaging question.

16 to 88 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Facebook messaging question.

Sent a message to a friend and when I hit the reply button it showed up at the bottom of the string of messages we had been communicating back forth with. Had not heard from him in a while so when I went back into my messages the last one I sent was gone as if I had never sent it. After trying to figure out what went wrong I noticed my friend had stopped his account for whatever reason (his picture by the messages was gone) and when I went into my friends list he wasn't there altogether.

I don't recall when I sent the last message if his picture was up or not, but the message I sent clearly showed up at the bottom of the string of messages we where sending one another.

What gives? Is it possible he received it then deleted his account or is it that he never got my final message?

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    if the picture was there his account was active. Must have deleted the account after the message was sent. or someone else did.

raiders4o8 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Wtf

16 to 88 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ottomatic1 View Post
    if the picture was there his account was active. Must have deleted the account after the message was sent. or someone else did.
    Thanks bro.

And that's what i'm unsure of. When I was typing the message I don't recall if the picture was there or not. I hit reply, my sent message showed up as normal under the string of messages and when I went back to check that very last message I sent him was gone.

I take it FB doesn't notify you as to wether or not the message was sent and received?

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    no, I've actually experienced something similar. sent multiple messages to my cousin. When I asked why she didn't reply and she told me she deleted her account months before. FB was just letting me send them, and there was no record of sent new messages just our old conversations.

Thread Information