Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: 2014 Mock Drafts

Chairman of the Board
    Whereever we pick in the first rd I hope we are in position to get quality this year. Last year quantity over quality made sense because the draft was weak at the top and we didnt have a 2nd rd pick. This year if we are picking in the top 10 (as long as the draft is truly better at the top like many think) I would rather stay where we end up than trading down. Esspecially to the end of the first. We need studs more than anything else and the best place to find that is at the top of the 1st round IMO.
    crizpynutz and DustInTheWind like this.

Hall of Famer

DraftTek's 10.22.13 Power Mock Draft

I really can't argue with their reasoning at the moment...without a reasonably healthy OLine, we can't hope for many more wins. Yet, their logic is pretty flawed...our woes are due to an injury plagued Offensive Line...a unit built on several UDFAs and mid-round picks...maybe a WR like Sammy Watkins isn't what Oakland needs?

NFL Power Rankings 2013

GO RAIDERS

Hall of Famer

Post Steelers Mock: 10.27.13

Raiders are 3-4, and the remaining schedule leads me to believe they are going to win some games. Wisniewski is back, huge push, the defense is really flying around and making plays. Let's say the Raiders are picking...13th. Yes, 13th. An interesting position.

In 2013 their was some movement atop the NFL Draft:

No. 3 Overall - Oakland trades with Miami for the No. 12 slot and the No. 42 pick in the 2nd Round.
    No. 8 Overall - Buffalo trades with St. Louis for the No. 16 slot, a No. 46 2nd Round pick, a No. 78 3rd Round pick and a No. 222 7th Round pick. Buffalo also gives St. Louis their No. 71 3rd Round pick.
    No. 18 Overall - Dallas trades with San Francisco for the No. 31 slot and the No. 74 pick in the 3rd Round.
    No. 22 Overall - St. Louis trades with Atlanta for the No. 30 slot, a No. 92 3rd Round pick and the No. 198 6th Round pick. Atlanta also gains a 2015 7th Round pick.
    No. 29 Overall - New England trade with Minnesota for the No. 52 2nd Round pick, No. 83 3rd Round pick, No. 102 4th Round pick and the No. 229 7th Round pick.

THAT WAS A THURSDAY. Whew.

Now judging from the No. 13 position, there's good value there usually. Teams try to trade up into the Top 10, or they're looking to add value after the 15th pick. Oakland could very well be looking to flat out use their 1st Rd. pick as it is and possibly trade around on Day 2. However, there are some talented players in the Top 20 of the 2014 NFL Draft, so I hypothesize that the trade frenzy could be the most ravenous in recent record.

Judging by the value I see Reggie only making a move if he can acquire another 2nd Round pick or multiple 3rd Round picks.

Possible partners include:
    The San Francisco 49ers, after today, have two 2nd Round picks, one theirs and one from Kansas City since they've won 8 games, and two 3rd Round picks, one theirs, one from Tennessee.
    The Jets own their 1st and 2nd and two 3rd Round picks, one from Tampa Bay, i.e. high 3rd Round pick.
    The Browns own two 1st Round picks, including one from Indy which will likely be in the latter 3rd of the 1st round...they also own two 3rd Round picks, one theirs and one from Pittsburgh.

My guess is that the Browns will move on a QB...they could even offload their two 1st Round picks and more to Jacksonville to get Bridgewater...or they could wait and see how it plays out at the No. 2 or No. 3 spot and look for Mariota or Hundley or whoever they think is "their" guy. I'm ruling Cleveland out of the trade idea for now, but if they end up using their first 1st Round pick, they could be in a position to move back up, but given their need to find guys for the new schemes with the coaching changes, they could just end up using all their picks. Still...I think they'll move on a rookie QB of their choosing.

So, San Francisco, knowing the window is closing on Frank Gore, could possibly look to move up to No. 13 from their roughly No. 27 to No. 32 position, and offload another 2nd Rd pick, a 2nd and 3rd Rd pick (fingers crossed), or multiple 3rd Round picks...maybe even both of them (though I don't think Baalke is that greedy to move up). The Jets, depending on where they finish could be anywhere from No. 8 to No. 15, it could be a small move up for them...giving up a high 3rd to move up to No. 13, who knows...it's a possibility.

Okay, what's the scenario.

Let's say San Francisco is down to party, they're giving up a late 1st Round pick, a late 2nd Round pick (either theirs or KC's) and a late 3rd Round pick (most likely thiers).

Now, last season SF only gave away a 1st and a 3rd to acquire Dallas' position...it was a bad move in my opinion by Jerry Jones, but knowing that he only wanted Travis Frederick and nobody else, maybe it was worth it to him to gain the 3rd Round pick (WR Terrence Williams from Baylor). Baalke isn't much of a wheeler and dealer, but they need somebody at WR who can get them what they need down the field. I look at this draft and I see guys like Texas A&M's Mike Evans, Clemson's Sammy Watkins and USC's Marqise Lee. Evans is a tall, but young, ball catcher who can go up and get it like nobody else in college football right now. Watkins is an explosive, sure handed kid with a ton of talent, and Marqise Lee, assuming he comes back strong off his knee bug this season, has shown dynamic playmaking ability in the Pac 12. Then again, SF could look to guys like Penn State's Allen Robinson, Vandy's Jordan Matthews or Oregon State's Brandin Cooks late in the 1st or late in the 2nd Round. I say they flood the gates and go after a weapon early.

Raiders shake it down from No. 13 to the say, No. 30 slot. Seattle and Denver play in the Super Bowl, with Seattle punishing SF in yet another northwest beat down in the NFC Championship game.

Now the Raiders stare at:

*No. 30
    No. 44
    *No. 59
    No. 78
    *No. 90
    No. 112

* being those new picks acquired via the trade down. --- Day 2 value!

Round 1: Pick No. 30 (from San Francisco)
    OG Gabe Jackson - Mississippi State

You are going to hear me going on about this kid at LG...where he has started for the Bulldogs the last 4 years. He is massive, technically sound and is exactly what the Raiders need inside to help the running game get more consistent. Bergstrom, Nix and Brisiel should seriously be on notice...we're getting most of our yards against better front 4's via the option...not going to last. Bruise and mash up front, start in the trenches. Beat them into submission, going to have to until Pryor gets his bearings as a signal caller in this League.

Round 2: Pick No. 44 (Oakland Owned)
    WR Brandon Coleman - Rutgers

More targets for Pryor. Butler wants to drop balls, fine. Holmes on PEDs, fine. Criner, not good enough to challenge, or has a damaged ovary, fine. Coleman is a RJr. with serious skills, he is 6'-5", 220 lbs. and can really run. His hands aren't terrible, and he is currently suffering from some s*** QB play at Rutgers since Schiano left the program. This is a kid who could come in a really light it up on deep balls for Pryor and help the rest of the receiving corps gel as a unit. Hopefully, Belichick doesn't draft the entire Rutgers roster by now.

Round 2: Pick No. 59 (from San Francisco)
    DE Kareem Martin - North Carolina

Houston needs a running mate. Martin's a good athlete with size and girth and can fit into the 4-3 base concept. He has a had a great couple of games lately vs. Miami and Boston College, flying around and making plays (as Romo would say). I'm not sure how much of an impact Jack Crawford is going to have, we'll see, but Martin would make a nice piece in Tarver's scheme.

Round 3: Pick No. 78 (Oakland Owned)
    TE C.J. Fiedorowicz - Iowa

Dominant blocker at the TE position for Iowa. Comes from a basketball background and will be the TE the Raiders need with Rivera and Kasa developing. Ausberry is all but done in Oakland, this was the "show me" year, and he got injured. Toodles.

Round 3: Pick No. 90 (from San Francisco)
    ILB Andrew Jackson - Western Kentucky

Outspoken but never outdone, Money Jackson packs a punch for a shorter LB. His explosion to the ballcarrier is tremendous. For a 5'-11" LB, he carries about 250 lbs. but uses it well. Has the explosion to blitz and take on blockers with violence. Could be good depth for Roach if Burris never comes back to play consistently.

Round 4: Pick No. 112 (Oakland Owned)
    FS Kenny Ladler - Vanderbilt

Tackle machine for the Commodores. Has the size and versatility to possibly play some SS. 10 tackles, a pick and 2 Forced Fumbles vs. Texas A&M this week.

Last edited by RaiderAg; 10-28-2013 at 09:50 PM.
    GO RAIDERS

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderAg View Post
    I really can't argue with their reasoning at the moment...without a reasonably healthy OLine, we can't hope for many more wins. Yet, their logic is pretty flawed...our woes are due to an injury plagued Offensive Line...a unit built on several UDFAs and mid-round picks...maybe a WR like Sammy Watkins isn't what Oakland needs?

NFL Power Rankings 2013

Many of these mock drafts like going with the sexy pick, and really don't go much into the specifics of each teams needs so I'm not surprised. We really need at least 2 interior linemen to beef up our offensive line and if Watson doesn't have anything going for his this season, a tackle as well.

Having said that, with Ford and Butler underperforming and Criner being sidelined, a playmaking WR might not be such a bad idea. I'd rather have a big guy a la Mike Evans, but I for sure wouldn't complain if Reggie picked a guy like Watkins.
    RaiderAg and DustInTheWind like this.

Metallica0688 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Raiders are 3-4, and the remaining schedule leads me to believe they are going to win some games. Wisniewski is back, huge push, the defense is really flying around and making plays. Let's say the Raiders are picking...13th. Yes, 13th. An interesting position.

In 2013 their was some movement atop the NFL Draft:

No. 3 Overall - Oakland trades with Miami for the No. 12 slot and the No. 42 pick in the 2nd Round.
    No. 8 Overall - Buffalo trades with St. Louis for the No. 16 slot, a No. 46 2nd Round pick, a No. 78 3rd Round pick and a No. 222 7th Round pick. Buffalo also gives St. Louis their No. 71 3rd Round pick.
    No. 18 Overall - Dallas trades with San Francisco for the No. 31 slot and the No. 74 pick in the 3rd Round.
    No. 22 Overall - St. Louis trades with Atlanta for the No. 30 slot, a No. 92 3rd Round pick and the No. 198 6th Round pick. Atlanta also gains a 2015 7th Round pick.
    No. 29 Overall - New England trade with Minnesota for the No. 52 2nd Round pick, No. 83 3rd Round pick, No. 102 4th Round pick and the No. 229 7th Round pick.

THAT WAS A THURSDAY. Whew.

Now judging from the No. 13 position, there's good value there usually. Teams try to trade up into the Top 10, or they're looking to add value after the 15th pick. Oakland could very well be looking to flat out use their 1st Rd. pick as it is and possibly trade around on Day 2. However, there are some talented players in the Top 20 of the 2014 NFL Draft, so I hypothesize that the trade frenzy could be the most ravenous in recent record.

Judging by the value I see Reggie only making a move if he can acquire another 2nd Round pick or multiple 3rd Round picks.

Possible partners include:
    The San Francisco 49ers, after today, have two 2nd Round picks, one theirs and one from Kansas City since they've won 8 games, and two 3rd Round picks, one theirs, one from Tennessee.
    The Jets own their 1st and 2nd and two 3rd Round picks, one from Tampa Bay, i.e. high 3rd Round pick.
    The Browns own two 1st Round picks, including one from Indy which will likely be in the latter 3rd of the 1st round...they also own two 3rd Round picks, one theirs and one from Pittsburgh.

My guess is that the Browns will move on a QB...they could even offload their two 1st Round picks and more to Jacksonville to get Bridgewater...or they could wait and see how it plays out at the No. 2 or No. 3 spot and look for Mariota or Hundley or whoever they think is "their" guy. I'm ruling Cleveland out of the trade idea for now, but if they end up using their first 1st Round pick, they could be in a position to move back up, but given their need to find guys for the new schemes with the coaching changes, they could just end up using all their picks. Still...I think they'll move on a rookie QB of their choosing.

So, San Francisco, knowing the window is closing on Frank Gore, could possibly look to move up to No. 13 from their roughly No. 27 to No. 32 position, and offload another 2nd Rd pick, a 2nd and 3rd Rd pick (fingers crossed), or multiple 3rd Round picks...maybe even both of them (though I don't think Baalke is that greedy to move up). The Jets, depending on where they finish could be anywhere from No. 8 to No. 15, it could be a small move up for them...giving up a high 3rd to move up to No. 13, who knows...it's a possibility.

Okay, what's the scenario.

Let's say San Francisco is down to party, they're giving up a late 1st Round pick, a late 2nd Round pick (either theirs or KC's) and a late 3rd Round pick (most likely thiers).

Now, last season SF only gave away a 1st and a 3rd to acquire Dallas' position...it was a bad move in my opinion by Jerry Jones, but knowing that he only wanted Travis Frederick and nobody else, maybe it was worth it to him to gain the 3rd Round pick (WR Terrence Williams from Baylor). Baalke isn't much of a wheeler and dealer, but they need somebody at WR who can get them what they need down the field. I look at this draft and I see guys like Texas A&M's Mike Evans, Clemson's Sammy Watkins and USC's Marqise Lee. Evans is a tall, but young, ball catcher who can go up and get it like nobody else in college football right now. Watkins is an explosive, sure handed kid with a ton of talent, and Marqise Lee, assuming he comes back strong off his knee bug this season, has shown dynamic playmaking ability in the Pac 12. Then again, SF could look to guys like Penn State's Allen Robinson, Vandy's Jordan Matthews or Oregon State's Brandin Cooks late in the 1st or late in the 2nd Round. I say they flood the gates and go after a weapon early.

Raiders shake it down from No. 13 to the say, No. 30 slot. Seattle and Denver play in the Super Bowl, with Seattle punishing SF in yet another northwest beat down in the NFC Championship game.

Now the Raiders stare at:

*No. 30
    No. 44
    *No. 59
    No. 78
    *No. 90
    No. 112

* being those new picks acquired via the trade down. --- Day 2 value!

Round 1: Pick No. 30 (from San Francisco)
    OG Gabe Jackson - Mississippi State

You are going to hear me going on about this kid at LG...where he has started for the Bulldogs the last 4 years. He is massive, technically sound and is exactly what the Raiders need inside to help the running game get more consistent. Bergstrom, Nix and Brisiel should seriously be on notice...we're getting most of our yards against better front 4's via the option...not going to last. Bruise and mash up front, start in the trenches. Beat them into submission, going to have to until Pryor gets his bearings as a signal caller in this League.

Round 2: Pick No. 44 (Oakland Owned)
    WR Brandon Coleman - Rutgers

More targets for Pryor. Butler wants to drop balls, fine. Holmes on PEDs, fine. Criner, not good enough to challenge, or has a damaged ovary, fine. Coleman is a RJr. with serious skills, he is 6'-5", 220 lbs. and can really run. His hands aren't terrible, and he is currently suffering from some s*** QB play at Rutgers since Schiano left the program. This is a kid who could come in a really light it up on deep balls for Pryor and help the rest of the receiving corps gel as a unit. Hopefully, Belichick doesn't draft the entire Rutgers roster by now.

Round 2: Pick No. 59 (from San Francisco)
    DE Kareem Martin - North Carolina

Houston needs a running mate. Martin's a good athlete with size and girth and can fit into the 4-3 base concept. He has a had a great couple of games lately vs. Miami and Boston College, flying around and making plays (as Romo would say). I'm not sure how much of an impact Jack Crawford is going to have, we'll see, but Martin would make a nice piece in Tarver's scheme.

Round 3: Pick No. 78 (Oakland Owned)
    TE C.J. Fiedorowicz - Iowa

Dominant blocker at the TE position for Iowa. Comes from a basketball background and will be the TE the Raiders need with Rivera and Kasa developing. Ausberry is all but done in Oakland, this was the "show me" year, and he got injured. Toodles.

Round 3: Pick No. 90 (from San Francisco)
    ILB Andrew Jackson - Western Kentucky

Outspoken but never outdone, Money Jackson packs a punch for a shorter LB. His explosion to the ballcarrier is tremendous. For a 5'-11" LB, he carries about 250 lbs. but uses it well. Has the explosion to blitz and take on blockers with violence. Could be good depth for Roach if Burris never comes back to play consistently.

Round 4: Pick No. 112 (Oakland Owned)
    FS Kenny Ladler - Vanderbilt

Tackle machine for the Commodores. Has the size and versatility to possibly play some SS. 10 tackles, a pick and 2 Forced Fumbles vs. Texas A&M this week.

Nice draft AG and really close to the spot for us picking too only off by 3 spot . As with the current draft order the Raiders are setting at #16 overall if it were held this weekend .
    Depending on what we do this weekend and the outcome of a few other games could be looking at dropping all the way down to #22 spot and the 6th seed in the playoffs perhaps if everything lines up for us .

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallica0688 View Post
    Nice draft AG and really close to the spot for us picking too only off by 3 spot . As with the current draft order the Raiders are setting at #16 overall if it were held this weekend .
    Depending on what we do this weekend and the outcome of a few other games could be looking at dropping all the way down to #22 spot and the 6th seed in the playoffs perhaps if everything lines up for us .
    I sincerely hope so!

Hall of Famer
    2014 Mock Draft version 3.0 w/trades

Now this is again assuming we will receive (1) compensatory pick in the coming draft . As the formula seems to show this is all that we will get because of who we lost and who we added .

Raiders Losses (16):Leinart , Lechler ,Spencer ,Mitchell ,Carlise , Seymour , Myers ,Shaughnessy ,Hurd ,Giordano,Bryant ,Gaither ,Hagan ,Goodson,Calhoun ,Wheeler

Raider signings(15): Hunter ,Sims,Maiava ,Roach ,K.Burnett ,Walker ,Porter ,Jenkins,Young,Jennings ,Smith ,Mastrud ,Cribbs,Kluwe ,C-Woods

Draft order as of
    October 29, 2013

1 Jacksonville 0-8 .567
    2 Tampa Bay 0-7 .562
    3 Minnesota 1-6 .533
    4 NY Giants 2-6 .550
    5 Pittsburgh 2-5 .508
    6 St. Louis (from Wash) 2-5 .516
    7 Atlanta 2-5 .529
    8 Houston 2-5 .554
    9 Philadelphia 3-5 .475
    10 Buffalo 3-5 .500
    11 Cleveland 3-5 .508
    12 St. Louis 3-5 .533
    13 Miami 3-4 .508
    14 Baltimore 3-4 .512
    15 Tennessee 3-4 .512
    16 Oakland 3-4 .537
    17 Arizona 4-4 .512
    18 Carolina 4-3 .458
    19 Chicago 4-3 .475
    20 San Diego 4-3 .545
    21P NY Jets 4-4 .475
    22P Dallas 4-4 .500
    23P Detroit 5-3 .415
    24P Green Bay 5-2 .442
    25P Cleveland (from Indy) 5-2 .504
    26P New England 6-2 .462
    27P Cincinnati 6-2 .475
    28P San Francisco 6-2 .479
    29P New Orleans 6-1 .463
    30P Denver 7-1 .504
    31SB Seattle 7-1 .425
    32SB Kansas City 8-0 .458

That Oakland trades its 16th overall pick to San Francisco for the 28th overall pick and the 2nd rd pick #60 and 3rd rd pick #79 via Tenn(SF)

That Oakland trades its 28th overall pick to Cleveland for their 2nd rd pick #43 overall and 3rd pick #69 via Pitt(Cle)

Raiders draft order

2nd rd #43 (Cle)
    2nd rd #48
    2nd rd #60
    3rd rd #69 (Cle)
    3rd rd #79(SF)
    3rd rd #80
    4th rd #101
    6th rd #195
    6th rd (Comp) #229
    7th rd #241
    7th rd (AZ) #242

2nd rd #43 (Cle) RaShede Hageman-DT-Minnesota

Plays nose or 3 technique but is making plays for the Golden Gophers . Plus shows rather impressive burst for a man his size too .

2nd rd #48 Zack Martin-OG-Notre Dame

Likely NFL future is inside at OG , plays with a nasty streak , strength to anchor , and agility to mirror his defender .

2nd rd #60 Brandin Cooks-WR-Oregon State

NFL offenses are implementing increasingly variable playbooks that can make use of a receiver like Cooks, where they can get him the ball in space as an extension of their running game. The versatility of a guy like Brandin Cooks is what makes him such an intriguing receiver prospect. He has the acceleration and long speed to threaten defenses over the top. He’s a natural catcher of the football who can go up and get it at its highest point. With the ball in his hands, he has an electric quickness and burst to make defenses pay.

On top of these baseline traits, Cooks is a highly develop receiver in the finer nuances of the position. His body control, ability to track the ball in the air, and pass catching technique are all positives to his scouting report.

3rd rd #69 (Cle) Michael Sam-DE-Missouri

Gets great leverage and shifts weight perfectly
    Accelerates very well behind line of scrimmage
    Fantastic sideline-to-sideline speed
    Very diversified with pass rushing experience; lines up at both end and tackle, in two-point, three-point, and four-point stance; should be comfortable as a 3-4 OLB considering his experience rushing from a two-point stance up the middle in 2012
    Takes great angles on run plays, is generally a very good run defender unless he gets knocked out of the play

3rd rd #79(SF) JaWuan James-OT-Tennessee

Watson who knows maybe he will be RM is injury proned player of his picks ? But we need depth on the lines period and why not go back to the school you love to draft from anyways and grab James .
    Quickness and lateral agility and flexibility while also light on his feet for his size . Needs to work on keeping his head up as has shown to be beaten with swim moves when he drops it but mainly it is shown in his run blocking duties .

3rd rd #80 Ty Zimmerman-FS-Kansas State

A player with his football IQ, awareness, instincts and ability to make plays on the ball . Keep an eye on him, he may not have gaudy statistics (he only has 5 career interceptions coming into the season) but he is without a doubt a NFL safety.

4th rd #101 Spencer Long-OG-Nebraska

he moves pretty well for his size and is very regularly used for pulling from his right guard position. He’s comfortable pulling both ways, moves well in space and generally takes one guy out when he is asked to pull.

6th rd #195 L'Damian Washington-WR-Missouri

6'4" 205 pounds size ,speed , body control , athletic , and great hands . Criner is likely gone this off-season , Ford is done IMO so we need some bodies in here and size too . Plus with all this kid is been through in his life to the success he is having @Mizzou could be nice high reward pick for us to get . Plus he knows how to break off his route when he sees his QB scrambling and looking for a receiver too .
    6th rd (Comp) #229 Marcus Williams-CB-North Dakota State

7th rd #241 Beau Allen-DT-Wisconsin

Physical , not flashy in his play but does the dirty work and for the Badgers in the trenches and has a non-stop motor .

7th rd (AZ) #242 Andre Williams-RB-Boston College

We know that Darren is likely gone and for me can't be soon enough . But Jennings/Murray should be fine as the dual backs and bring in Andre for the short yardage/goaline situations as a nice fit for this role for us .

Hall of Famer
    That's a really good mock Metallica, I think the Raiders would improve a ton with all those players. If Reggie could get a draft half as good as that, we'd be in business.

GO RAIDERS

Hall of Famer
    That's a really good mock Metallica, I think the Raiders would improve a ton with all those players. If Reggie could get a draft half as good as that, we'd be in business.

Well thank you AG just likely won't happen as Hageman will probably shine in the Senior Bowl and have a nice Combine and become a 1st rd pick .

That Michael Sams if he continues to lead the FBS in sacks then he will most likely follow the path of all the others that attained this feat and be a 1st rd pick in the draft .
    *exception being Da'Quan Bowers who would've went had it not of been for his knee surgery that dropped him to the 2nd rd .

But if that did happen then I would look at Daniel McCullers-DT

Kareem Martin-DE as the backup picks here

Martin talks @3:00 mark
    Last edited by Metallica0688; 10-30-2013 at 02:13 PM.

Hall of Famer
    Mock Draft version 1.5 No trades

Now this is again assuming we will receive (1) compensatory pick in the coming draft . As the formula seems to show this is all that we will get because of who we lost and who we added .

Raiders Losses (16):Leinart , Lechler ,Spencer ,Mitchell ,Carlise , Seymour , Myers ,Shaughnessy ,Hurd ,Giordano,Bryant ,Gaither ,Hagan ,Goodson,Calhoun ,Wheeler

Raider signings(15): Hunter ,Sims,Maiava ,Roach ,K.Burnett ,Walker ,Porter ,Jenkins,Young,Jennings ,Smith ,Mastrud ,Cribbs,Kluwe ,C-Woods

Raiders currently picking 12th overall heading into the @NY Giants game Sunday .

1st rd #12
    2nd rd #44
    3rd rd #76
    4th rd #109
    6th rd #180
    6th rd # 205(Comp)
    7th rd #218
    7th rd #223 (via AZ)

1st rd #12 Michael Sam-DE-Missouri

Sam leads the NCAA in sacks and with that should see him follow the suit of all the others to attain this feat and become a 1st rd pick *exception of Bowers/injury went in the 2nd rd .
    He is really stepped up his play this season with the loss of Richardson to the draft . Well balanced end plays the run just as well as he does getting after the QB and we need someone to either pair with Houston or replace him if he walks as a UFA ?

2nd rd #44 Brandin Cooks-WR-Oregon State

I personaly fill he is the best receiver in the draft but his size will get him passed over by the others . But will be fine RM will grab him with his exception rule like he did Watson last year as a Junior . Because this kid Loves the game and just makes plays with the ball period .

3rd rd #76 Aaron Colvin-CB-Oklahoma

Physical corner that you need now in the game vs these bigger receivers that are coming out and also one that is good vs the run too . Plays aggresive which is one of the things that DA likes in his plays . But also he shown to bite on the play-action and draw the PI calls to with this approach . So will need to be coached up to break this habit here for him . But lets face it we need depth behind Jenkins/Porter/ and Hayden .

4th rd #109 Jimmy Garoppolo-QB-Eastern Illinois

65% completion rate 2,300+ yards 28 to 4 TD to INT ratio and has only faced to FBS schools this season in Northern Illionois & SDST and answered both challenges with going for 65 of 95 68.4% 711 yards and 9 TD with 2 INT combinded . Good size , accurate , timing , and quick release to show a very efficient pocket passer .

6th rd #180 Beau Allen-NT-Wiconsin

Depth here is needed with Christo being released as he wasn't able to seem to progress as we were hoping for . Walker/Sims are UFA and may lose one or both of them . Beau can be a nice rotational player if they are retained but if not then I have no doubt he can be a contributor for us as a rookie if need be .

6th rd # 205(Comp)Spencer Long-OG-Nebraska

Depth is needed behind Bergstrom and competition to push Brisiel for his RG spot in camp . If Long is healthy he should give Mike a run for his job in this competition for us .

7th rd #218 John Urschel-OG-Penn State

Again depth is needed at this position and upgrading with a player like John here is too good to pass up .

7th rd #223 (via AZ) Jacques Washington-FS-Iowa State

Had 90 tackles and 3 picks in 12' . Now shows the ball skills ability to go make the play , just needs to now work on his anticiaptions skills better in the coverage side . But plays with a Violent Mentality and is good vs the run . But if we can get C-Wood to return for another year and take him under his wing should help this kid and us in the long run .
    DustInTheWind likes this.

Hall of Famer
    1st Round on Sam? Well, we'll see what the evaluators think. We're talking 12th Overall now...12th Overall. He's rising fast, but he's still at 63rd Overall on the CBS Big Board.
    GO RAIDERS

Hall of Famer
    1st Round on Sam? Well, we'll see what the evaluators think. We're talking 12th Overall now...12th Overall. He's rising fast, but he's still at 63rd Overall on the CBS Big Board.

Sam is leading the FBS in sacks and all previous players to accomplish them feat is went in the 1st rd of the draft .
    *Exception being Bowers who was slated to go there too but his knee injury dropped him to the 2nd rd .
    I don't see the trend stopping with Sam unless he gets hurt and requires surgery before the draft and workouts for teams .

Hall of Famer
    I really like the Michael Sam pick. Reggie has shown a willingness to draft players earlier than projected if he likes them and our scouts have been to a Missouri practice (reportedly watching the DL) and a game so far.

As far as yours and other mocks having us take a mid to late round QB and/or TE I struggle to see that happening despite the struggles at those positions. The fact that we drafted two TEs last year and a QB that is now sitting on our PS gives me hesitation on drafting those positions with other needs staring us in the face. That is unless you're addressing either with high round picks as I think late guys at either position would more than likely be little better than our current guys.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by DustInTheWind View Post
    I really like the Michael Sam pick. Reggie has shown a willingness to draft players earlier than projected if he likes them and our scouts have been to a Missouri practice (reportedly watching the DL) and a game so far.

As far as yours and other mocks having us take a mid to late round QB and/or TE I struggle to see that happening despite the struggles at those positions. The fact that we drafted two TEs last year and a QB that is now sitting on our PS gives me hesitation on drafting those positions with other needs staring us in the face. That is unless you're addressing either with high round picks as I think late guys at either position would more than likely be little better than our current guys.
    Yeah we have been watching Mizzou and getting a good look at Kony Ealy & Michael Sam no doubt about that . Rightfully so too as they have given a lot of issues to some of the top talented tackles in the country . Wesley Johnson for Vanderbilt went over 180 games through high school and college without a false start penalty and Kony had him draw 2 of them in the first half of the game this season along with just getting beat by him on the other times .

That Tennessee has probably the two best tackles in the country in LT Antonio Richardson and RT Jawuan James . That in that game vs Mizzou Sams was giving James such a hard time that they moved him to LT and put Richardson over at RT and he still couldn't stop Sams from just dominating either of them . Marcus Golden is another one to keep an eye on too for the 2015 is draft as he is filled in nicely too as a rotational player on the DL . That has also saw him coming in at DE and move Ealy inside to 3 technique .

Now as far as Jimmy Garoppolo-QB he is right now showing as a 4th to 5th round prospect but seeing quite a few NFL scouts saying he could move up to the 1st rd by the time the draft gets here too from what they're seen from him thus far this season .

Now do we go with a QB or does this team see Reggie perhaps go after a Big Ben since he does have the cap space to take on his salary and he knows for sure he is upgraded the most important position of the team by doing this . That he also buys himself some time and possibly Dennis Allen too with then upgrading the other areas of the team then .

That Ben , Matt , and Tyler should be more then enough to carry the offense and have two young players learn from Ben in the mean time . Depends on what the Steelers are seeking in return here is the question is it a 1st & 3rd picks for him ? Is it perhaps a 1st and conditional pick depending on where we finish in 2014 ?

Reggie likes his picks but not often that a franchise QB becomes available to you either that at least have to consider altering your team plans to explore this possibility at the very least . IMHO

Trading for Ben also would seemingly help them add some f/a appeal to for the offense you would think to with players wanting to play with him . Maybe Jones-Drew to a 1-2 year deal show that he is healthy and back to the bay area may be enough for him . Plus might help on the wear and tear with him not having to return kicks for us either and paired up again with Jennings ?
    Jacoby Jones and Hakeem Nicks could be options too look at for receivers too with this . Hell land one or both would be a huge addition for this group here . Rivera has the receiving skills but isn't shown enough with Pryor that it could with Ben throwing too him .

But I wouldn't mind trying to lure Dickson or Pitta away from Baltimore if we could to be our TE .

That still want Alex Mack if we can but wouldn't mind taking a run at Michael Oher or Matt Slauson in f/a either . That if we can sign Oher then move Watson inside to OG . If we sign Slauson then gives us the option to move Brisiel to the bench as depth .

But will be interesting to see this Ben story play out as could really change things for us on the draft/fa period drastically if we would get him .

Hall of Famer
    The getting a veteran QB vs. drafting one is an interesting problem. In some ways I would prefer getting a Big Ben or Cutler type QB than drafting one as we'd likely have to pay a fortune to move up and get one of the top guys. Moving up for a QB also is no guarantee that they will have success. Personally if I can't get a Big Ben/Cutler cheaply (minimal draft picks/FA money) and miss on the top guys then you shore up the OL and WR units with your first couple of picks to either get Pryor the help he needs or get those guys ready for their QB in 2015.

I'm still pretty mad we drafted Kasa and would love for him to prove me wrong, but think addressing TE via FA is better than drafting another guy late. I think Rivera can develop and offers a lot as a receiver compared to our other guys. We need help at WR though as there are too many dropped passes still and for a guy (like Pryor) that struggles with his accuracy and passing in general, that has to hurt his confidence in trying to make plays with his arm when his targets (WR and TE) are anything but reliable.

We still just have so many needs that you could draft almost any position and it would likely help the team moving forward. That said, if QB isn't addressed Rd.1 (and I don't think it should be) then it has to be a pass rusher, OG, or WR. A pass rusher opposite Houston would be golden, but we need to get this offense sorted out ASAP.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information