Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: 2014 Mock Drafts

coogi is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by DustInTheWind View Post
    See this is my biggest worry this upcoming draft too. As you said most of the pass rushers this draft has to offer are OLBs that I have doubts about making a switch to a DE in our scheme. Here's my shameless plug: Oakland Raiders Draft Watch: 2014 ORDW Draft Profile: OLB/DE Anthony Barr - UCLA That is the prospect profile I did on DE/OLB Anthony Barr. I voiced these same concerns there. While its likely that someone like Barr could make the shift in position are you willing to risk a possible top 10 pick on a possibility? There are also other concerns about Barr's technique at OLB during his first year at the position. I'm looking forward to seeing if he can improve and if his reported off-season technique work will show up in his game.

See I disagree here. While WRs are needed to replace Steve Smith eventually and to compliment him while he's still playing. OL is the biggest worry I hear -- particularly some starters at OG and RT and depth everywhere -- including this recent piece: Under pressure: Mitigating offensive line woes - Cat Scratch Reader Now all of that said their decision of who to draft in 2014 will likely hing on the play of the OL and WR units, where they're actually selecting, and who is there.
    ya like i said i wasnt sure von would be good in a 4-3 but he really is...another factor is while i dont think our coaching staff should be fired if we are bad enough i do think its a possibility..however even if we dont a switch to 3-4 isnt unrealistic...regarding the panthers i thought besides RT their issues at G were because of injuries right now but i could be mistaken...after seeing what teams like KC/JAX/PHILLY did they very well could just take a tackle...

raiderrob99 is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Marzan View Post
    Nearly every mock draft out there has us picking either 1 or 2 and it's almost always Clowney or Bridgewater.

Let's just remember how mocks looked a year ago. The likes of Barkley, Damontre Moore, Bjoern Werner were being touted as top 10 picks. Dion Jordan or Eric fisher were nowhere near the top 5 and Ansah wasn't even a first rounder.

I think Clowney is the real deal and will be a top 3 pick next year. But specially with the QB's, it's really hard to project them, isn't it?

my insanely early mock draft

1. Jacksonville Jaguars (No talent anywhere and Gabbert at QB makes the top rated Qb a vital need)- Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville

2. NY Jets (I think the Jets will be a circus and implode this season with Rex Ryan fired halfway through. But they'll give Geno Smith another season to see what he can do. Let the Clowney in the Big Apple circus begin)- Jedeveon Clowney DE South Carolina

3. Buffalo Bills (another team that's low on talent everywhere. They choose the best guy available to cover Manuel's blind side)- Taylor Lewan OT Michigan

4. Tennesse Titans (the Jake Locker era will be very short. The Titans will need a QB) Tajih Boyd QB Clemson

5. Oakland Raiders (an improved defense and a one man highlight reel from Pryor will not be enough to avoid a top 5 pick again. Reggie once more goes after what he believes is the best guy left on the board and picks Barr. This kid is going to be great pass rusher IMHO. The Raiders now can really be multiple and line up with a 3-4 or a 4-3 with Barr in a Von Miller type mode. And we get a California guy who won't miss his mum's cooking) Anthony Barr OLB/DE UCLA

6. Arizona Cardinal (life's not as good as you expected, huh Carson? The lack of talent on Arizona's line will make them have a tough time this season against those NFC West defenses. They need an OT) Cyrus Kouandjio OT Alabama

7. Carolina Panthers (another team that I see having a hard time this season. Rivera was almost fired as head coach last season and they lost OC Chudzinski to the Browns. Newton is a great playmaker, but does not have the right character in adversity to turn things around. They play it safe and get the best guy left on the board) Jake Mathews OT Texas A&M

8. Cleveland Browns (no QB worth a top 10 pick at this point. The go with the playmaker) Marquise Lee WR USC

9. Minnesota Vikings (Adrian Peterson can only get you so far. They go with the BPA too. The CB from Florida can do it all) Loucheis Purifoy CB Florida

10. San Diego Chargers (D.J Fluker was a huge reach in 2013 IMO. Rivers will still be pretty exposed) Antonio Richardson OT Tennessee
    The Jaguars have no talent anywhere? Just look at their offense, where Shorts, Monroe, Joeckel, Lewis, Blackmon, and MJD would all be upgrades over who the Raiders will put on the field week 1.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderrob99 View Post
    The Jaguars have no talent anywhere? Just look at their offense, where Shorts, Monroe, Joeckel, Lewis, Blackmon, and MJD would all be upgrades over who the Raiders will put on the field week 1.
    It all comes back to QB, and it's possible that the Raiders have more there in Pryor than the Jaguars do on their whole roster.

Gibeast is offline Limited Membership
    Bench Warmer
    At this point Raiders are seen picking 1st or 2nd in next years draft. Given that information Raiders have a few options. 1st of all is drafting QB Bridgewater. Bridgewater at this point is the best QB in the draft and started off the college season on a good note. 2nd option is drafting Clowney and going after a strong defense to build around. Clowneys first game this season wasnt too impressive but he was ill but still managed to have several tackles and QB pressures. The 3rd option for Oakland is to trade the 1st pick and stockpile early round picks. Clowney and Bridgewater so far are cant miss prospects but that wont stop Reggie from taking the trade if the deal is worth the teams time. Teams trading up for cant miss QBs and other players always come with a price. Redskins trades 1st picks and gave the Rams 1st the next two years to go up very minimal spots in the draft for cant miss player in RG3. Bridgewater will have top picking teams looking at trading up for a QB like this. Same can go for teams needing that one big time defensive player in Clowney. Im a big fan of the Raiders trading down in this case. Going from the 1st pick to lets say 3 to allow a team to draft Bridgewater. Raiders in return trade first round picks in 14 along with getting a 2014 2nd pick, 2014 5th round, 2015 1st round pick and 2016 2nd round pick(just rough ideas.) This gives Raiders a building franchise still a top pick but more to work with.

1st 3rd overall Anthony Barr, DE/OLB, UCLA
    Barr is a top DE/OLB. He gives Raiders more flexibility as he can drop into coverage yet has great pass rushing ability. Barr along with Sio Moore and DJ Hayden will give the Raiders defense not only youth but competitive future pro bowlers.

2nd David Fales, QB, San Jose State
    David Fales has the ability to lead Oakland. He has great passing skills and vision. Fales most likely isnt going to be the next Brady or Peyton but Fales has the ability to lead and make the Raiders competitive year in and year out. Fales reminds me of Eli, Ryan, and Big Ben.

2nd Will Sutton, DE/DT, Arizona State
    Raiders still need work on defense. Bulukidi and Mcgee will good rotational guys but arent going to be the starters the Raiders need. Sutton has great skills. Sutton will be able to work the inside of the line and outside if needed. He will give the Raiders much needed QB pressure.

3rd Ty Zimmerman, S, Kansas State
    The Raiders are going to need a long term safety to go along side of Branch. Zimmerman here in the 3rd gives the Raiders just that. Zimmerman helps shore up the back end of the defense.

4th Anthony Steen, G, Alabama
    The Raiders have Bergstrom Nix and Brisiel for guards. Brisiel will be gone soon and the Raiders may look for another guy to play inside on the line. Steen has been under looked at Alabama since several top lineman have been on that line as well.

From here Im going to go with the best player available since I want to see more out of the season before I go deeper into my mock draft. Again I believe trading down is one of Oaklands best options. This is only of course is if the trade they receive is worth the pick. Three defensive players early in this draft help build a solid defensive unit that Oakland will need to not only reach the playoffs but want to go deep into them. Fales is one of my favorite QBs this draft. With this packed QB draft I feel he gets overlooked. He is a QB I feel could have been a top 10 pick last years draft. With the packed QB draft he will most likely fall to middle of the second. Thanks for reading and looking foward to your opinions on this mock.
    TarHeelRaider and Mr Terrific like this.

Hall of Famer
    1. Jake Matthews - OT

2. Kyle Van Noy - OLB

3. James White - RB

4. Seantrel Henderson - OT

5. Jalen Saunders - WR

6. Beau Allen - DT

lebedeff is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mytruckhercar View Post
    1. Jake Matthews - OT

2. Kyle Van Noy - OLB

3. James White - RB

4. Seantrel Henderson - OT

5. Jalen Saunders - WR

6. Beau Allen - DT
    i don't see Kyle Van Noy lasting until the second round
    Mytruckhercar likes this.

Metallica0688 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    2014 Mock draft version 1.0 with current players signed for next year

That yes lots of things can change because of the free agent status of some of the players Veldheer-LT(re-sign),Darren-RB,Porter-CB,Jenkins-CB,Walker-DT(re-sign),Sims-DT,Hunter-DE,Ford-Wr,Jennings-rb,Gurdoe-OL,Pashos-OT(re-sign),Barnes-OT,McClain-OG,and Sanford-DL,Houston-DE(re-sign)

Now who's to say who RM may look at bringing back before the season ends with some contracts extensions . Already seen him get deals done with Jano ,Condo, and Reece .

But still even depending on who is brought back and what amount of the $60 million in cap space that RM will use to bring some players in since the new CBA does state that have to spend X amount of cap between the next two years of the cba .

That here is a couple of the 2014 free agents that I would like to see RM look at to bring in for us from the outside .

RB-Ben Tate(Hou) will come cheaper than DMC and he is hungry ready to get his shot in the feature role . That paired with Murray who is been placed on the IR this season will be a nice complimentary backfield for us . Plus we still have Stewart as the #3 or Jennings if he shows promise this season and re-signs .

WR- Victor Cruz(NYG) will cost us some money but he is the best and youngest star receiver out there in this free agent class .

WR-Anquan Boldin(SF) will again cost us some money but he is a good veteran receiver to help Mentor the young guys and although he doesn't have speed . The man catches everything thrown his way .
    Won a ring and maybe he will get another one with the 9ers this season ? So if he stays then we can offer more money then the other teams to help pad his retirement account in his likely last contract .

WR-Jeremy Maclin(Phi) tore his ACL ending his season in his contract year . But has been their leading receiver the past couple years . Be another nice cheap 1 year deals for RM and prove it to me your healthy and hungry for either a nice long term deal from us or from another team because of your play warrants it .

OC-Alex Mack(Cle) Has said he is testing the free agent market this year but is letting his agent handle things . But he loves Cleveland . Meaning I love the Browns if they can pay me what I'm seeking in my next deal otherwise I'm leaving . Is a Cal grad and would look great as the new center for us and moves Lil Wiz back to LG where I thought he played great at his first year for us . But again will cost us money to land this prized (UFA)

OG-Matt Slauson(Chi) another one that might be worth it to invest some money here with a good veteran to help (Pryor) develop as a passer for us if we don't go after Mack . Least gives us with re-signing Big V and Watson a solid OL with possibly only weak spot being (RG) Brisiel

DE-Micheal Bennett(Sea) We need a pass rusher and would get that here with this signing .

DE-Justin Tuck(NYG) Want a star/pass rusher on the defense then signing Justin gets us both and would help open things up for Houston and Tarver to come up with different schemes since he wouldn't have to rely on a blitz to get pressure on the QB all the time .

DT-Henry Melton-(Chi) now say we lose Sims and Walker to free agency or just want to upgrade the position all together . Then lets sign Henry who along with Roach played well together for the Bears for many years . He is a versatile player in able to play well vs the run and pass rusher too . But again will cost some money to get him .

CB-Antonio Cason(Arz) Nice young veteran that could pair with Hayden and with whichever one of the UFA that we bring back between Porter/Jenkins ? to still have a nice solid secondary .

CB-Brent Grimes(Mia) See Cason

CB-Terrell Thomas(NYG) See Cason

That now lets look at the players under contract for us in 2014 as of now 9/16/13 .*note subject to change pending RM is extensions of coarse
    That's 32 players signed for us as of right now leaving 21 open spots pending the re-signing of our own free agents and draft picks plus what ever UFA we may target too .

Team needs for now
    DE:
    DT
    OL:
    CB:
    RB:
    S:

QB Pryor
    QB Flynn
    QB McGloin
    RB Murray
    FB Reece
    WR Butler
    WR Streater
    WR Holmes
    WR Criner
    WR D.Moore
    TE Ausberry
    TE Riviera
    TE Kasa
    OG Brisiel
    C Wisniewski
    OT Watson
    OL Bergstrom
    OG Nix

DE Robinson
    DE Crawford
    DT McGee
    DT Bilikudi
    LB Roach
    LB Kevin Burnett
    LB Sio Moore
    LB Burris
    LB Maiava
    CB Taiwan Jones
    CB Hayden
    S Branch
    K Janokowski
    P King
    LS Condo

Now not going to guess who the free agent signings will be for us but wouldn't mind any of those that I put on the list above .
    That purely going off the players under contract then I would look at my draft as followed

RD 1 Louis Nix-DT- Notre Dame
    Need a big body in the middle of the DL and one that can help with demanding double teams to free up his teammates . None better then Nix here for this job and fits into everything that RM is seeking in his players .
    RD 2 Gabe Jackson-OG-Mississippi State
    Well Bergstrom is nice and all as depth and Nix we all seen is best suited as backup only . Gabe would be an instant upgrade and open up holes as the new LG for us .
    If Slauson or Mack is signed ? Then I pick Will Sutton-DE/DT has some weight concerns but could be interesting inside with Nix and Houston to be a nice DL for us .
    RD 3 Jackson Jeffcoat-DE/OLB-Texas
    The son of former Cowboys great Jim . Had his season cut short last year and saw his draft stock pummel from his 1st to 2nd rd grade . Would fit nicely with the 3-4 look they are wanting to go with as the rush linebacker under Tarver now with Sio coming off the other side .That if say Tuck/Bennett is signed then I look at Zack Martin/Anthony Steen at OL for us . Another option here to is Dri Archer-RB/WR/KR-Kent State . Sure that Olson would love to have someone like him with his playmaking abilities on the offense .
    RD 4 Nickoe Whitley-S-Mississippi State
    coming off an ACL injury last year but he is shown to being a raising player that is developing a knack for creating turnovers and solid run defender . May just be the thing with the aging C-Wood to groom him if he (C-Wood) is re-signed that is ?
    RD 6 Glasco Martin-RB-Baylor
    The power to the speed of Seastrunk for the Bears is offense . Could do well here with our now power blocking line that is shown to get yards between the tackles . Since Pryor is doing a good job of getting yards outside them . If Tate is signed then I look here for Matt Miller-WR-Boise State as lets face it Moore is likely cut during camp as too inconsistent for us , Criner is yet to really show anything as the Big RZ target he was drafted for . So here is another option that can be the RZ target for Pryor in 6'3" 215lb Miller .
    RD 7 Anthony Chickillo-DE-Miami
    has the size and speed but needs a little push to get the production out of his talent 9 sacks total between 2011 and 2012 . So this season is going to be interesting to see if he finds that push himself or from his DL coach to play to his potential this season . But I think if not that Tarver would be able to get him to play to his potential with his fiery/energetic personality .
    RD 7via (AZ) Cornelius Lucas-OT-Kansas State
    LT for Colin Klein and the run success last year for the Wildcats . This season bit of a struggle for the K-state in establishing the run so far . But Lucas is shown enough to warrant a draft selection and can help out the team with his run blocking ability's . At least moves Barnes out of the picture and gives a young player with upside the shot here at the swing position for us .

* denotes rookie
    That here is a rough look at the team with say these UFA signings and draft picks for those that need a visual for it
    QB Pryor Flynn McGloin
    RB Tate(F/A) Murray Stewart
    FB Reece Olawale
    WR Streater Butler *Miller
    WR Maclin(F/A) Holmes Criner
    TE Ausberry Riviera Kasa
    LT Veldheer *Lucas
    LG Wizniewski Bergstrom
    C Mack(F/A) Gurode
    RG Brisiel Nix
    RT Watson Pashos

LE * Sutton Crawford *Chickillo
    NT *Nix McGee
    RDT Walker Bilikudi
    RE Houston Robinson
    SLB Sio Moore
    MLB Roach Burris Maiava
    WLB *Jeffcoat Kevin Burnett

LCB Hayden Jones
    RCB Adams Checkwa
    FS Young *Whitley
    SS Branch Ross

K Janikowski
    P King
    LS Condo

KR Maclin
    PR Adams

D. Moore would likely be cut because the staff seen two years of him and know he won't change and better upside to rookie receiver Miller
    Last edited by Metallica0688; 09-16-2013 at 04:14 PM.

Hall of Famer

Dane Brugler Week 2 Mock

4. Oakland Raiders
    Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina: The Raiders' roster is in flux with several holes and young, unproven players on the depth chart so Oakland could go in a number of directions with a high pick. But it would be tough to pass on Clowney here, an immensely talented pass rusher with all the tools to be a double-digit sack artist in the NFL.
    2014 NFL Mock Drafts - CBSSports.com NFLDraftScout.com

I doubt we're picking top 5 with the way I've seen other teams play the past few weeks and the way the Raiders have looked. Not such a crazy scenario that Brugler uses here though as I could see Clowney falling while teams try to grab their franchise QB instead.

Hall of Famer
    4. Oakland Raiders

2014 NFL Mock Drafts - CBSSports.com NFLDraftScout.com

I doubt we're picking top 5 with the way I've seen other teams play the past few weeks and the way the Raiders have looked. Not such a crazy scenario that Brugler uses here though as I could see Clowney falling while teams try to grab their franchise QB instead.
    I don't see both Mariota and Hundley coming out in 2014. But if we drafted 4th and still got Clowney I'd be ecstatic.
    TarHeelRaider likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Marzan View Post
    I don't see both Mariota and Hundley coming out in 2014. But if we drafted 4th and still got Clowney I'd be ecstatic.
    I think it'll really depend on how the rest of their seasons go. Hunley is receiving a ton of hype and word is a lot of scouts love his game. Mariota is getting some of the same hype. Multiple people claiming they like one or the other as the top QB if they declare. Who knows at this point. Talk is cheap in September.

Hall of Famer
    I think the Browns move to gain another 1st Round pick puts them in prime play (depending on how they finish) to move to either No. 1 Overall or into the Top 5 to get their QB of the future.
    DustInTheWind likes this.
    GO RAIDERS

Hall of Famer
    Not going to get into who stays or who we might sign as free agents at this point.

Round 1 OLB Kyle Van Noy -- BYU
    I know many people are hoping we get Clowney or Barr, but I hope we're drafting too late for them and can come away with Van Noy. He' probably my favorite defender in this class and offers so much versatility to Tarver's D. Raiders seem to want to run more 3-4 looks and Van Noy could be a threat off the edge AND offer great coverage ability and presence against the run.
    Round 2 WR Brandon Coleman -- Rutgers
    We need a No.1 WR and Coleman can be that guy. I have doubts he will fall this late, but I would be running to the podium if he was.
    Round 3 DE Taylor Hart -- Oregon
    Tarver and Allen seem to want to run a variety of fronts and have shown a lot of 3-4 style looks the past few weeks. Hart has the strength and blue collar attitude to line up all over the DL and make plays. Would be a monster to pair with Houston for the next few years. Heard comparisons of him to Justin Smith..imagine that.
    Round 4 FS Terrence Brooks -- Florida State
    You all know I love safeties that are playmakers. Not a fan of most of this safety class, but Brooks reminds me so much of Bernard Pollard and Sean Taylor. The guy is a human missile that is a force on run plays, has the hips and range to cover TEs and WRs in man and zone. Would be a great replacement for Woodson whenever he hangs up his cleats for good.
    Round 6 NT Beau Allen -- Wisconsin
    Playing true NT for the first time after the Badgers made the switch to the 3-4. Could be good depth if Sims/Walker isn't retained.
    Round 7 RB Tim Flanders -- Sam Houston State
    He was the single reason Texas A&M didn't blow out SHSU. Offers some shiftiness, vision, speed and great receiving ability to our backfield.
    Round 7 OG Eric Schultz -- Utah State
    I know people are clamoring for an OG early, but I feel with Bergstrom back and the possibility of one of the younger guys on the roster/PS stepping up we will be fine along the OL next year. This guy is like the Marquette King of OGs, he loves being an OL and puts his heart into it.
    Marzan, RaiderAg and Metallica0688 like this.

Hall of Famer
    Not going to get into who stays or who we might sign as free agents at this point.

Round 1 OLB Kyle Van Noy -- BYU
    I know many people are hoping we get Clowney or Barr, but I hope we're drafting too late for them and can come away with Van Noy. He' probably my favorite defender in this class and offers so much versatility to Tarver's D. Raiders seem to want to run more 3-4 looks and Van Noy could be a threat off the edge AND offer great coverage ability and presence against the run.
    Round 2 WR Brandon Coleman -- Rutgers
    We need a No.1 WR and Coleman can be that guy. I have doubts he will fall this late, but I would be running to the podium if he was.
    Round 3 DE Taylor Hart -- Oregon
    Tarver and Allen seem to want to run a variety of fronts and have shown a lot of 3-4 style looks the past few weeks. Hart has the strength and blue collar attitude to line up all over the DL and make plays. Would be a monster to pair with Houston for the next few years. Heard comparisons of him to Justin Smith..imagine that.
    Round 4 FS Terrence Brooks -- Florida State
    You all know I love safeties that are playmakers. Not a fan of most of this safety class, but Brooks reminds me so much of Bernard Pollard and Sean Taylor. The guy is a human missile that is a force on run plays, has the hips and range to cover TEs and WRs in man and zone. Would be a great replacement for Woodson whenever he hangs up his cleats for good.
    Round 6 NT Beau Allen -- Wisconsin
    Playing true NT for the first time after the Badgers made the switch to the 3-4. Could be good depth if Sims/Walker isn't retained.
    Round 7 RB Tim Flanders -- Sam Houston State
    He was the single reason Texas A&M didn't blow out SHSU. Offers some shiftiness, vision, speed and great receiving ability to our backfield.
    Round 7 OG Eric Schultz -- Utah State
    I know people are clamoring for an OG early, but I feel with Bergstrom back and the possibility of one of the younger guys on the roster/PS stepping up we will be fine along the OL next year. This guy is like the Marquette King of OGs, he loves being an OL and puts his heart into it.
    That'd be a solid draft!

I really like Van Noy too. I remember when I was trying to watch as many Ezekiel Ansah vids as I could for the last draft, the guy who kept making plays all over the place for BYU was Van Noy,

Metallica0688 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Mock Draft version 2.0

That this one is also going to assume that we're given the at least 1 compensatory pick my guess is likely another 6th rd pick . So that is what I'm going to go with for this Compensatory pick for us. That now seeing the trend as pointed out by Dustinthewind of Reggie is selecting only seniors for the mostly and then my digging into the UDFA pickups for him that the only two non-seniors that he is selected or signed was (Watson) and (Padron) from his last two off-seasons . Don't see him swaying away from this as most likely the fact they should be done with their immature ways and ready to settled in as responsible adults now .

Raiders Losses (16):Leinart , Lechler ,Spencer ,Mitchell ,Carlise , Seymour , Myers ,Shaughnessy ,Hurd ,Giordano,Bryant ,Gaither ,Hagan ,Goodson,Calhoun ,Wheeler

Raider signings(15): Hunter ,Sims,Maiava ,Roach ,K.Burnett ,Walker ,Porter ,Jenkins,Young,Jennings ,Smith ,Mastrud ,Cribbs,Kluwe ,C-Woods

1st rd Jason Verrett-CB-TCU-(Senior)
    Yeah some will be saying damn RM isn't any different then AL taking yet another corner with the 1st rd pick and we have needs on a pass rusher ,DE,OL,DT .
    Well fact is that corner is also a need for us and Porter and Jenkins are nice and all but they are also UFA at the end of the year too . That leaves us very thin in the corner position .
    That Jason is shown to be a ballhawking player thus far and ability to bait QB's into throwing towards him and with good timing and anticipation to be able to then jump the routes .
    Shows nice strength and toughness and willing to help in run support too .
    Other options to consider Anthony Barr-OLB, Kyle Van Noy-DE/OLB, Taylor Lewan-OT,Jake Matthews-OT,and C.J. Mosley-OLB

2nd rd Trent Murphy-DE/OLB-Stanford-(Senior)
    The most talented player on the Cardinals front seven and racked up (18) TFL and (10) sacks last season that led the team for both categories .
    Is showing nice versatility as he can play with his hand in the dirt for a 4-3 team or stand up for a 3-4 team and is shown decent in coverage when asked to drop back too .
    Tarver would know doubt have the connections to get all the answers that RM is wanting on this kid from his time coaching there previously . That DE is a need for us with not known yet on the return of Houston and Hunter is status for next season leaves the position quite bare . But would also look to add another piece even if the two of them are re-signed to give us even more versatility in the looks Tarver can do with having Trent & Sio is ability to play down or up .

3rd rd Spencer Long-OG-Nebraska-(Senior)
    Kids an Athlete and played OL/DL for his high school team came into Lincoln and once given the starting job is held on to it for 27 game and counting .
    Long, the former walk-on from Elkhorn who may become a brain surgeon someday, could be the leader who changes it. A consistent, tough-minded, mentally-sharp guard, he anchors what could be NU’s best line since 2001. He pulls with efficiency. He doesn’t give up sacks. He doesn’t commit dumb penalties. He’s what the Pipeline, as a whole, used to be — and what the Huskers would like the offensive line to become again.

4th rd Jamarcus Joyner-S/CB-Florida State-(Senior)
    C-Woods isn't going to play forever and possible he may retire next year or sign elsewhere ? But even if he comes back a long term replacement is needed for him and Young is nice but isn't a long term answer for us . IMHO . So why not take and get the best of both worlds and if C-Woods returns for one more go around here . Then we have him and Young as the FS and Joyner as a CB/S kill two needs with one pick .
    The short term answer for us at corner depth issues and a long term answer at FS that can pick the brain of a future Hall of Famer for when he moves to take his spot in another year or two .

Explosive athlete who is considered one of the top safeties in the country. One of the top defensive candidates for the Bednarik Award and Nagurski Trophy given to the nation's top defensive player and the Jim Thorpe Award given to the nation's top defensive back. Displays tremendous range because of his great speed which allows him to cover a lot of ground in the secondary. Expected to see more time playing corner in 2013. Also is one of the team's top kick returners and top kick returners in FSU history.

6th rd John Urshel-OL-Penn State-(Senior)
    That we already know Reggie seems to have a hard on for Nittany Lions and San Diego State Aztec players as they have been the most consistent players drafted from all the schools and signed as UDFA from him over the past two seasons here . Kid is showing to be a late raiser now will he shoot up the boards after the combine ? Hard to say maybe but my guess is he falls into the 4th to 6th rd range .
    Urschel caught O'Brien's eye in spring practice. The coach noticed the lineman's flexibility, his knack for playing with leverage, his strength and his instincts.
    "That guy can play pro football, think about that,'' O'Brien said of Urschel.
    "In my opinion, he can be a guard or center in the National Football League. Think about his brain power, so imagine if he goes to the National Football League and plays, let's say, 8-10 years.
    Some other options here to consider too at this spot Bryce Quigley-OT-San Diego St, Nickoe Whitley-FS-Miss St., Marcus Williams-CB-North Dakota St..

6th rd (Comp) Zack Kerr-DT-Delaware-(Senior)
    2nd year transfer from Maryland . That led the Blue Hens to being ranked 2nd in the CAA in defense (134.2) yards per game and totaled 21 sacks as a unit . That Kerr did good started 11 games and had 27 tackles ,4.5 TFL , 1 sack , and 1 int returned for a TD and 2 fumble recoveries vs William & Mary .
    Other options here to consider too is Glenn Carson-LB-Penn State , Jeremy Deering-FS-Rutgers,Beau Allen-NT-Wisconsin, Cornelius Lucas-OT-Kansas .

7th rd Matt Hall-OT-Belhaven(Senior)
    Is #100 on Gil Brandt's NFL prospect list this year .Phil Steeles NAIA 2013 Preseason All American team . That is getting plenty of attention from numerus scouts on his play as the former Ole Miss linemen is really getting praise from his coaches and helped pave the way for them to break the previous school rushing record of 1,700 yards with over 2,400 yards . That he was showing to be a solid RG for the Rebels last year and is looking good as the RT for the Blasers this year and one of the key blockers for them to run behind when they need it . Looks like he could be one of the small school flyers that RM considers in this draft perhaps as he is shown with Christo in 2012 and Bass in 2013 .

7th rd (via AZ) Jeff Janis-WR-Saginaw Valley State-(Senior)
    Lets face it D.Moore is likely released at some point next year because of his inconsistency issues . That we are in need of a #1 receiver and who knows if Streater or Butler could be that guy or not yet ?
    But here is a kid that looks like he will have a good long NFL career that he is making quite the name for himself and should be placed on the Senior Bowl list and then invited to the combine as well .
    6'3" 205 ibs has great hands , runs excellent routes and is fast . Had 96 catches 1,635 yards and 17 TD last year while averaging 148.6 yards a game . That 6 games he caught over 10 passes
    That torched Valdasota State for 167 yards and 3 TD in his breakout performance .

UDFA signings for us in 2014

Bring in 14 players

Cornelius Lucas-OT-Kansas-(Senior)

Brandon Dixon-CB-Northwest Missouri State-(Senior)

David Fluellen-RB-Toledo-(Senior)
    Could be a nice camp surprise kid has good vision and is tough ,reliable , and has some excellent hands too . Coming off a 1,498 yard season and showed fairly well in his two big school games this year vs
    Gators & Mizzou in back to back games .

Ryne Giddins-DE-South Florida-(Senior)
    Has pass rush ability could be this seasons Robinson and win a roster spot .

Tyler Russell-QB-Miss State-(Senior)
    Standing 6’4, 220 pounds, Russell is a big-bodied, strong-armed passer capable of making “wow” throws to all levels of the field. Tough to stand in and take a hit while delivering the pass, it’s Russell’s calm, cool and collected demeanor within the eye of the storm that jumps off the tape. Due to his size, over-the-top arm slot, and snapping release, tipped balls at the line of scrimmage aren’t a factor at all.
    Against an NFL-styled defense chalked full of NFL-caliber personnel, the level of urgency from setup to delivery, both physically with his lower half mechanics and mentally with his progression reads, must be improved and elevated. Should be able to get this from QB coach Defillipino and OC Olson and having 5 arms in OTA/Camp isn't a bad thing for us .

Glasco Martin-RB-Baylor-(Senior)
    Shares the carrys with Seastrunk as the power to his speed . Shown to be rather good back and might be one to consider bringing in too with seeing the potential needs here Darren & Jennings are UFA .
    That between Murray/Stewart/Fluellen and now Martin could give the staff enough of a look to see if these guys can be the answer to the ground game without spending money on a top player and use that money on another position of greater need for us .

Nat Berhe-SS-San Diego State-(Senior)
    Didn't think Reggie wasn't going to not pick up another Aztec did you ? Here is one that has the ability to be a late round pick and could play his way onto the roster by the end of camp/preseason .

Joe Don Duncan-TE-Dixie State-(Senior)
    6'4" 270 speedy for a TE has 64 catches 949 yards , 9 TD and was averaging 100 yards per game . That caused him to get some buzz going from NFL scouts . But a factured femur is come back to bother him and is cost him the season with requiring surgery on it . Seems like a player that RM would consider worthy of a camp invite for a position of need to a player that is Low Risk/High Rewards for him if he bounces back from his recovery .

Khalil Wilkes-C-Stanford-(Senior)
    Face it we could use some competition here for the back up spot to Wiz . That Tarver also would of seen the kid during his first two seasons there when he was @Stanford to see how he did vs the defense in practice .

Trevor Gillette-LS-Rice-(Senior)
    Right now Wiz was taking snaps as the backup to Condo here and need a camp body when Carmona comes back in 14' .

Zach Moore-DE-Concordia-ST.Paul-(RSenior)
    Here is another one that could be a nice one for us and is shown a knack to getting to the QB too just like Bass did . Now the question is can he handle the step up of competition from being in the Div.II as the Big fish .

Derrick Lott-DT-Chattanooga-(RSenior)
    Much like Christo and Crawford picks previously as Ton of potential for Lott but not a lot of experience for him . Played in only 5 games in two seasons after red shirting in '09 .
    Lott's 2012 season was essentially his first playing college football, he said.
    "It was definitely a slow start for me," he said. "At the same time, I felt like I had my mind right. The first play of the game [against South Florida to start the season] it hit me -- you're playing college football, get your mind right and get ready to strap it up and go hard every play."

Despite the slow start, Lott went on to be named second team All-Southern Conference. He finished the season fourth on the team with 57 tackles, including 2.0 sacks and 4.0 tackles for loss.
    Lott has cut some weight in the offseason and is down to around 300 pounds. As the Mocs go through voluntary workouts this month before starting preseason practice on July 31, he said there's much he wants to get done.
    "Going into camp, I want to work on fundamental stuff: having great footwork, great hand placement and just being a great individual player," he said. "That will make the other defensive linemen better, the linebackers better and the DBs better."

Michael Doctor-OLB-Oregon State-(Senior)
    6’0 and 223 lbs., Michael Doctor is surprisingly agile for an outside linebacker. He uses speed and athleticism to take down opposing players. A big hitter, he knows how to make his tackles.
    Last season was a breakout year for Doctor—now a junior. He posted 78 tackles—38 solo—with five tackles for loss. On top of that he had three sacks and a pair of pass deflections and interceptions.
    needs to continue to bulk up if he wants to make it in the NFL. If he can do that—while retaining his speed—he’ll make a great NFL linebacker.

Bobby Wenzig-P-Alabama State-(Senior)
    Transfered from Arizona State to the Hornets but is shown to be a dual kicker as he stepped in for the Sun Devils and kicked Field goals in 4 games when Weber went down with injury .
    Was 3 of 4 in this and made 10 of 12 extra point attempts for them .

Camp leg for King is all this one is though .

Here is the potential depth chart that has 46 players for it for now after the draft leaving 7 spots for the re-signing to reach the 53 man limits . Minus anymore re-signings need 30 more players to reach the 90 max camp roster cap limit .

QB Pryor/Flynn/McGloin
    RB Murray/Stewart
    FB Reece
    WR Streater/Butler/*Janis
    WR Holmes/Criner/D.Moore
    TE Ausberry/Riviera/Kasa

LT
    LG Bergstrom/*Long
    C Wisniewski
    RG Brisiel/Nix/*Urshel
    RT Watson/*Hall

RDE Robinson/
    LDE Crawford/*Murphy
    RDT Bilikudi/*Kerr
    NT McGee
    SLB S.Moore
    MLB Roach/Burris/Maiava
    WLB K.Burnett

LCB Hayden/Jones
    RCB*Verrett/Adams/Checkwa
    FS Young/*Joyner
    SS Branch/Ross

K Jano
    P King
    LS Condo

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by lebedeff View Post
    i don't see Kyle Van Noy lasting until the second round
    Me neither, but I have seen a few mocks in the past that had him and Manziel going in the 2nd. By the time the Bowls are over, guys who were ranked 5th rounders will move up to 2nd rounders and 1st rounders will drop to 2nd... but yeah, I don't see it realistically. On the other hand, it is where I value him. Local McQueen HS kid from Reno.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information