The Jaguars have no talent anywhere? Just look at their offense, where Shorts, Monroe, Joeckel, Lewis, Blackmon, and MJD would all be upgrades over who the Raiders will put on the field week 1.Nearly every mock draft out there has us picking either 1 or 2 and it's almost always Clowney or Bridgewater.
Let's just remember how mocks looked a year ago. The likes of Barkley, Damontre Moore, Bjoern Werner were being touted as top 10 picks. Dion Jordan or Eric fisher were nowhere near the top 5 and Ansah wasn't even a first rounder.
I think Clowney is the real deal and will be a top 3 pick next year. But specially with the QB's, it's really hard to project them, isn't it?
my insanely early mock draft
1. Jacksonville Jaguars (No talent anywhere and Gabbert at QB makes the top rated Qb a vital need)- Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville
2. NY Jets (I think the Jets will be a circus and implode this season with Rex Ryan fired halfway through. But they'll give Geno Smith another season to see what he can do. Let the Clowney in the Big Apple circus begin)- Jedeveon Clowney DE South Carolina
3. Buffalo Bills (another team that's low on talent everywhere. They choose the best guy available to cover Manuel's blind side)- Taylor Lewan OT Michigan
4. Tennesse Titans (the Jake Locker era will be very short. The Titans will need a QB) Tajih Boyd QB Clemson
5. Oakland Raiders (an improved defense and a one man highlight reel from Pryor will not be enough to avoid a top 5 pick again. Reggie once more goes after what he believes is the best guy left on the board and picks Barr. This kid is going to be great pass rusher IMHO. The Raiders now can really be multiple and line up with a 3-4 or a 4-3 with Barr in a Von Miller type mode. And we get a California guy who won't miss his mum's cooking) Anthony Barr OLB/DE UCLA
6. Arizona Cardinal (life's not as good as you expected, huh Carson? The lack of talent on Arizona's line will make them have a tough time this season against those NFC West defenses. They need an OT) Cyrus Kouandjio OT Alabama
7. Carolina Panthers (another team that I see having a hard time this season. Rivera was almost fired as head coach last season and they lost OC Chudzinski to the Browns. Newton is a great playmaker, but does not have the right character in adversity to turn things around. They play it safe and get the best guy left on the board) Jake Mathews OT Texas A&M
8. Cleveland Browns (no QB worth a top 10 pick at this point. The go with the playmaker) Marquise Lee WR USC
9. Minnesota Vikings (Adrian Peterson can only get you so far. They go with the BPA too. The CB from Florida can do it all) Loucheis Purifoy CB Florida
10. San Diego Chargers (D.J Fluker was a huge reach in 2013 IMO. Rivers will still be pretty exposed) Antonio Richardson OT Tennessee