Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: 2013 RFN IMD: Discussion Thread

Chairman of the Board

Cool 2013 RFN IMD: Discussion Thread

Use this area to discuss ANYTHING related to our IMD this year.Ask questions here as well for those that CAN NOT send PM's.

Also, as of now, ALL cap are updated as well as any tendered RFA's & released players are updated on my copies for the FA phases to come..

Lastly, the tender,franchise & release phases WILL END tomorrow(23rd) @ 6pm EST.That is the FINAL adjustment!
    When you have had your ass handed to you by a Raider, you've seen The Blackness!

akraiderman is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    I'm proud to announce that the Minnesota Vikings have been sold to Sarah Palin. Our new owner has just released that the team has been moved to Anchorage Alaska and will become the Anchorage Otters. Alaska residents would like to express their excitement to all fans across the world. Go Otters

Chairman of the Board
    Can't wait to see the new logo/mascot & where this team intends to play until a stadium is built..
    When you have had your ass handed to you by a Raider, you've seen The Blackness!

vtraider is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    And will it be a some or an outside stadium lol

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by vtraider View Post
    And will it be a some or an outside stadium lol
    For true Alaska feel, has to be outdoor..

Metallica0688 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    So is Palin going to have them be like the Bills now and play a couple of games in Canada too ?

What is the new team colors now for them to .

heavyweight_4u is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    And you can see "Russia from the top of the Stadium"

Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    I look forward to playing Sarah Palin's NFL team.
    Hala Madrid | MCFC | Torino

The board is set, the pieces are moving. We come to it at last, the great battle of our time.

Chairman of the Board
    *** UPDATE *** ALL franchise, tenders & player releases have been completed as of 6pm EST this evening.We will have the 1st phase of FA starting soon.I'll need to finalize the UFA list & add those that were RFA's that were NOT tendered to place them into the UFA pool.Look for that thread & time to start that phase.Rules for that will be there, as well as examples on contract layouts.

ChandlerM is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro

2013 RFN IMD: Discussion Thread

Just my luck... I'm the Lions GM, and right after we started, Several of my players restructured their contracts or took a massive payout. Dominic Raiola had a 4.0Mill Base salary, and he just agreed to play for the veteran minimum-900k. Nate Burleson already restructured and Suh and Stafford will restructure soon.

All these moves could potentially have cleared over 10-15 Million In cap space for me. But because all these moves occurred days after we started, "all NFL news" is irrelevant. Darn.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by ChandlerM View Post
    Just my luck... I'm the Lions GM, and right after we started, Several of my players restructured their contracts or took a massive payout. Dominic Raiola had a 4.0Mill Base salary, and he just agreed to play for the veteran minimum-900k. Nate Burleson already restructured and Suh and Stafford will restructure soon.

All these moves could potentially have cleared over 10-15 Million In cap space for me. But because all these moves occurred days after we started, "all NFL news" is irrelevant. Darn.
    Would not have made a difference really.I make the cap space for all teams so everyone can inneract throughout the whole process.

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    So Ive released a malcontent CB who was on enhancers and not playing to the level his contract, and traded for flynn as competition for the QB spot. Now I have to look at who i want to keep in my own free agent pool. I think I am up to date with all of this.

I believe my biggest needs besides free agent round up are CB and getting a back up safety for old ass Barber if I resign him since the 2012 back up looks like his injuries are bad.

I am trying to decide on a premium free agent/trade-for CB or go young from the draft.

this game is more like a job lol. Im just glad I have some good cap room.

"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
    The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
    The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
    A. A. Milne

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by ottomatic1 View Post
    So Ive released a malcontent CB who was on enhancers and not playing to the level his contract, and traded for flynn as competition for the QB spot. Now I have to look at who i want to keep in my own free agent pool. I think I am up to date with all of this.

I believe my biggest needs besides free agent round up are CB and getting a back up safety for old ass Barber if I resign him since the 2012 back up looks like his injuries are bad.

I am trying to decide on a premium free agent/trade-for CB or go young from the draft.

this game is more like a job lol. Im just glad I have some good cap room.
    Well, I did mention it's hands on.I guarantee by the time this ends, you'll have learned something on this side of football.
    ottomatic1 likes this.

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    One thing I am really focusing on is letting the Tampa Bay fan base know they have a rookie GM but Im doing my best. My coaches still think Im just some lunatic and wont watch old Raider footage with me in the film room, and Chucky wont return my calls to come back and coach for us so I dont know what I'm going to do about that. The owner that hired me after a few I Phone texted interviews is still in Tijuana since the Superbowl ended. The NFL is a crazy business.

"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
    The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
    The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
    A. A. Milne

All-Pro
    Miami has their eye on an unnamed restricted free agent on a different team. Were they suppose to make an offer during the franchise/tender phase or is there another phase where you can make offers on other teams RFA's?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information