Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: 2013 RFN IMD: Discussion Thread

Metallica0688 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Atlanta Journal Constitution

Has just spoke with head coach Mike Smith on the recent news that Tony Gonzalez has agreed to return for the 2013 season .
    While also confirming the rumors that the team is indeed traded their 2nd rd & 4th rd picks to the Jacksonville Jaguars for running back Maurice Jones-Drew .
    That Mike said he enjoyed the time he spent with MJD as the DC in Jacksonville and loves the prospect to add this fantastic player to his roster once again .
    That he saw the release of his middle linebacker Mike Peterson that followed him over from Jacksonville as hard choice to make as Mike was a great player on and off the field for them and set a great tone for the locker room for the young players too .

But they are in the works to maybe adding a great player to the defense and team that played up North and added to a team history of great middle linebackers and will join them in the hall of fame one day as well .

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallica0688 View Post
    Atlanta Journal Constitution

Has just spoke with head coach Mike Smith on the recent news that Tony Gonzalez has agreed to return for the 2013 season .
    While also confirming the rumors that the team is indeed traded their 2nd rd & 4th rd picks to the Jacksonville Jaguars for running back Maurice Jones-Drew .
    That Mike said he enjoyed the time he spent with MJD as the DC in Jacksonville and loves the prospect to add this fantastic player to his roster once again .
    That he saw the release of his middle linebacker Mike Peterson that followed him over from Jacksonville as hard choice to make as Mike was a great player on and off the field for them and set a great tone for the locker room for the young players too .

But they are in the works to maybe adding a great player to the defense and team that played up North and added to a team history of great middle linebackers and will join them in the hall of fame one day as well .
    MJD would be an awesome score for these guys.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by raida_sqrl View Post
    MJD would be an awesome score for these guys.
    Yeah MJD or Steven Jackson would be good backs for them . Drew offers them a little longer return . But either would help them in this narrow super bowl run .

That see Roddy White is really pushing Freeny to sign with them as a F/A too . That would be scary to seeing him and Abraham as the bookend for this defense .

heavyweight_4u is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallica0688 View Post
    Yeah MJD or Steven Jackson would be good backs for them . Drew offers them a little longer return . But either would help them in this narrow super bowl run .

That see Roddy White is really pushing Freeny to sign with them as a F/A too . That would be scary to seeing him and Abraham as the bookend for this defense .
    They would be very nasty with those two guys.

Chairman of the Board
    To add to your rumor talk...ATL is discussing on pursuing Freeney or Umenyiora & S.Jackson.

** UPDATE **

Okay, I've got all FA's in phase 1 updated for the most part.Teams in bold are the winning teams.I will update cap space as soon as I finish this update.Players w/ multiple bids will be now cast of into a bid off.I'll have rules to the bid off, which will apply for the remainder of FA.

** BID OFF RULES **
    * Any team can opt to retract/withdraw their offer.If only 2 teams are in the bid off & this happens, other team automatically wins @ original offer.
    * You have ONE chance to make your best or highest offer for that player.Offer MUST be within you cap space.If offer exceeds cap space, automatically DQ'd.You may also submit the final offer you had posted as an updated offer, your choice.
    * You WILL NOT post offers in thread.ALL offers are sent to me.Title PM w/ team name/player/bid off.
    IE - JAX/TE-B.Sparks/bid off
    * ALL contract offers MUST be in FULL layout or dq'd.
    IE- JAX offers TE-B.Sparks 4yr $12m deal w/ $4m SB.
    yr1 4m
    yr2 4m
    yr3 1.5m
    yr4 1.5m
    cap hit $5m
    This way if by chance teams submit same offer, it's very unlikely yr 1 will be same amount.If they are, I'll goto SB amount as tie breaker.
    * If offers are invalid, no pm to seek correction, will automatically be DQ'd.
    * If 2 TC members or myself alone is involved in bid offs the following will happen to make sure all is fair.
    * if just me, PM offers to both raida_sqrl & NewDealRaider1
    * 2 TC members, the 1 that IS NOT involved will receive the PM.

You have 1 chance to lock down that player so be aware & submit as you will...questions feel free to shot me a pm before posting bid off contract.

PLEASE HAVE ALL BID OFF OFFERS IN BY TOMORROW(2/27) NIGHT @ 9pm EST
    Last edited by The Blackness; 02-26-2013 at 10:06 PM.
    When you have had your ass handed to you by a Raider, you've seen The Blackness!

akraiderman is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    I'm assuming since I can't pm I will just have to post any changes to final offers
    ottomatic1 likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by akraiderman View Post
    I'm assuming since I can't pm I will just have to post any changes to final offers
    just go here and reply 35 times and you will be able to PM

Testing Forum

Its just a test forum thread so post like a letter in each post 35 times.

"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
    The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
    The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
    A. A. Milne

Chairman of the Board
    you have 4 more post & i believe @ 50 you can pm people.
    I'd goto the the reg forum & post on 4 random threads to get the final 4 needed
    When you have had your ass handed to you by a Raider, you've seen The Blackness!

Hall of Famer
    New Orleans Tribune (12:30am EST)

Reports are coming out that Defensive Coordinator Rob Ryan is pushing the Saints to pay current free agent Terrell Suggs "what he's worth", saying he was a huge need and talent to fill the pass rush void that the team had hoped to fill with former free agent OLB Anthony Spencer. Spencer was offered a huge contract by Cowboys GM Jerry Jones that the Saints were unwilling to match or exceed. Despite the support the deal is receiving from DC Ryan, Saints GM Mickey Loomis, continues to state that they will not overpay any FA, even one as talented as former Raven OLB Terrell Suggs. The Tribune will continue to keep you up to date as we receive more information.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by ottomatic1 View Post
    just go here and reply 35 times and you will be able to PM

Testing Forum

Its just a test forum thread so post like a letter in each post 35 times.
    Thanks I'm good now

Pro Bowler
    So I had 6 of my 9 offers go to bid offs, mostly to keep my own players. I'm starting to feel a little picked on. All I can say is bring it bitches.
    ottomatic1 and NewDealRaider1 like this.

Rookie
    The suspense is killin me

Pro Bowler
    The suspense is killin me
    Well it's 1:30a where Blackness is. I'm sure these wont be decided till tomorrow so everyone has a chance to respond.

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Im standing firm in my bid off. I dont think I over payed but he isn't worth much more.

"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
    The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
    The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
    A. A. Milne

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by raida_sqrl View Post
    So I had 6 of my 9 offers go to bid offs, mostly to keep my own players. I'm starting to feel a little picked on. All I can say is bring it bitches.
    I think you can understand why I put a bid in on Kruger not only for his being a good player and position of need but the history between these two franchises run so deep .
    Especially since you know that these two Super Bowl Championships should be as the Cleveland Browns and not Baltimore Ravens .

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information