Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: DL Brandon Williams

Hall of Famer

DL Brandon Williams

In the Senior Bowl on Allen's North team. From Missouri Southern. Routinely shucks away O Linemen and barrels right on through like AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!

Most of the guys in the drill just tried to bull rush the guy opposite them and really got nowhere. He just made one quick movement and he was in the backfield. Kid has some skills.

Moves pretty well for a guy weighing in at 325. Would love to see this guy in Silver & Black.
    doctorcue and DustInTheWind like this.

Big Chance is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler

DL Brandon Williams

I agree! Kept tabs on him cuz he's a D2 guy and from the conference I played in. He's a beast!

Hall of Famer
    Very interesting. Keep us updated

New Era Scouting – 2013 NFL Draft: Missouri Southern Defensive Tackle Brandon Williams

Great article right there on him. It sucks because I doubt he'll be available in the third for us.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainKirk52 View Post
    New Era Scouting – 2013 NFL Draft: Missouri Southern Defensive Tackle Brandon Williams

Great article right there on him. It sucks because I doubt he'll be available in the third for us.

So let's trade down and get our 2nd round pick back. According to that article, coaches were having their players TRIPLE TEAM him because he was so disruptive to the opposing team's O line. If he's half as good as he looks he's worth a 2nd round pick.

Sithman is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon View Post
    In the Senior Bowl on Allen's North team. From Missouri Southern. Routinely shucks away O Linemen and barrels right on through like AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!

Most of the guys in the drill just tried to bull rush the guy opposite them and really got nowhere. He just made one quick movement and he was in the backfield. Kid has some skills.

Moves pretty well for a guy weighing in at 325. Would love to see this guy in Silver & Black.
    I mentioned him months ago! I really think he is more consistant than Star. Plays lower. I thought he would be a second round pick but he may move into the first round with a great showing and so many teams looking for a 34nt.

hellzbells is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie

Brandon is the truth.watched him play many games here in joplin infact I met him when he volunteered with other football players cleaning up my place aftern the tornado Hes a very humble man . Tough to move on the line . I can vouch for brandon!

RavenRaider is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Depending on how he looks at the combine, and who gets drafted first, I think we may even be able to trade back twice and pick up 2 2nd rounders and get this guy and Barrett Jones, plus whoever we get in the first. That would make me very very happy. There actually may be an advantage in that we have so many holes, we can take a lot of guys late in the first that could contribute immediately. Should be a very interesting draft.
    OTF and Play Hard like this.

All-Pro

LOL... ANGTFT!

Did watch this kid in practice, looked pretty good. I'll have to keep my eye on him in the game.
    Hah... draft prospects... most entertaining part of the 2012 season for me.

OTF
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenRaider View Post
    Depending on how he looks at the combine, and who gets drafted first, I think we may even be able to trade back twice and pick up 2 2nd rounders and get this guy and Barrett Jones, plus whoever we get in the first. That would make me very very happy. There actually may be an advantage in that we have so many holes, we can take a lot of guys late in the first that could contribute immediately. Should be a very interesting draft.
    If we could swindle Miami getting their 2nds... this is a draft I can get down with!

1- Best Player available
    2A -Brandon Williams
    2B - Barret Jones
    3 - Larry Warford or David Quessenberry

Play Hard is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Blog Entries
    I read that some scouts think ILB Kevin Reddick is also on our radar. They are loving the way he's leading the D and being very vocal out there. I would also love to trade back and end up with Chance and Barret Jones

danax is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I can play in either scheme, a 3-4 or 4-3 because in college I played the whole D line and then, and when we went to our 3-3 stuff, I was the outside 5-tech as well as over the center. I played in any and every position, so I am comfortable playing in any scheme.

Another reason Tarver, RM and DA might like him is his versatility. They've shown they highly value players who can slide around as injuries are inevitable and having multi-role players allows for more roster slots=more depth.

Veteran
    Our biggest problem is that we just do not have the picks. Thwe biggest question is is there an impact player tht we must have for our 1st pick. If not, can we trade down a get more picks? At #3, we are sure to be able to trade down, but what do we get for it and how far down do we have to go. Too far and we risk lossing that impact player.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenRaider View Post

It never crossed my mind to trade down twice and pick up two 2nd round picks that's actually what I would prefer. We may not add elite talent in the late 1st but we have so many holes to fill and if we can coach these guys they can make a big difference over last season...............................
    "If your going through HELL, keep going"
    -Winston Churchill-

StickShift is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Missouri Southern State DT Brandon Williams was mentioned among as a riser from Senior Bowl week among NFL personnel men polled by CBS Sports' Rob Rang.
    Rang says Williams' name was looked over among the likes of Sylvester Williams and Kawann Short, but the former is one currently ascending. Built like a fire hydrant nose tackle, Williams occasionally won with burst off the snap but continued to press the pocket with leverage and leg drive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information