Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: DaMONSTER Moore should be the pick!

  1. #16
    Raiders Own You's Avatar
    Raiders Own You is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,631
    Quote Originally Posted by grw80 View Post
    DaMARYJANE you mean? Had a fairly decent year, but I don't think he'a worth that high of a pick. Everybody thinks they're getting Von Miller with this guy....not the case.
    So 80 tackles playing DE, 20 TFL, 12.5 sacks in the sec is only decent ? Ok sure.

  2. #17
    heavyweight_4u's Avatar
    heavyweight_4u is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tulsa Raiders Crew!!
    Posts
    861
    We keep saying he isnt coming out with Von Miller type numbers? His last years stats are better then Von's stats against way stiffer competition.

    Not saying he will be as good or even close but if thats what we have to judge him on, then numbers dont lie.
    R8RRICK likes this.

  3. #18
    80sr8dr is offline Banned
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by KC. RAIDER View Post
    He's not Von Miller, he's not a finished product yet and maybe never will be as complete as a player as Miller is against both run and pass but few are. However, he is a good if not great prospect and in my opinion the best DE in this class. He is also versatile enough to play with his hand in the dirt and as an OLB in space as evidenced by his dropping into coverage against Bama and other teams.

    If you're just bent on trading down and gaining extra pics than I wouldn't trade down any further than I could get either of these players with...

    In no particular order:

    Ezekiel Ansah
    Johnathan Hankins
    Alex Okafor
    Jesse Williams
    Sheldon Richardson
    Alec Ogletree
    Okafor will be a nice 2nd round selection. Williams also shouldn't be on your list of next tiers IMO. Chance Warmack should be included.

  4. #19
    Meninblack's Avatar
    Meninblack is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by grw80 View Post
    You might wanna go back and actually watch Werner's games this past season. It's WIDELY known that his initial jump off the snap is one of the best in college football. Never hurts to research before posting.
    This

  5. #20
    KC. RAIDER's Avatar
    KC. RAIDER is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    112

    Thanks...

    Quote Originally Posted by 80sr8dr View Post
    Okafor will be a nice 2nd round selection. Williams also shouldn't be on your list of next tiers IMO. Chance Warmack should be included.
    But his question was in a trade down scenario. I think Okafor will end up being a first and Williams could just into the late first as well. I was basing it on trade down scenario with multiple picks and based on the teams needs. Warmack would be on the list but no matter how good he is good guards can be had in the 2nd through 5th round. High first round guards seem to never pan out as well for the money they get paid.

  6. #21
    EmeraldCityR8r's Avatar
    EmeraldCityR8r is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The 206
    Posts
    1,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders Own You View Post
    So 80 tackles playing DE, 20 TFL, 12.5 sacks in the sec is only decent ? Ok sure.
    And was only 20 years old last season.. Imagine what his numbers would be if he stayed 2 more seasons at TAMU

  7. #22
    raiderwood's Avatar
    raiderwood is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,216

    DaMONSTER Moore should be the pick!

    I too think it should be Moore based on the lack of pass rush we had last year. They like to compare him to Miller b/c they play the same type of end position. If we were to trade down to, say, Buffalo at 9, then for me it's Werner or Mingo, the latter of which might end up being JPP part deux. That, or D Milliner may be worth a #9 overall pick, given the cost of a solid CB in FA. Can't ignore that position, especially in a trade down scenario.

  8. #23
    Chewy316's Avatar
    Chewy316 is offline Moderator
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    4,974
    Quote Originally Posted by KC. RAIDER View Post
    I think Okafor will end up being a first and Williams could just into the late first as well.
    Once Jesse Williams has his combine workout he will be a guaranteed first round selection. Dude can bench press 600 lbs and is surprisingly quick for a guy who is so heavy. He's going to be a great player in the NFL and I would love to have him on my football team.
    Do it once, do it right. Or don't do it at all.
    Just win, baby!
    Al Davis, the greatest ever owner in professional sports

    Follow me on Twitter: @HBNadolny

  9. #24
    Raidersman321's Avatar
    Raidersman321 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy316 View Post
    Once Jesse Williams has his combine workout he will be a guaranteed first round selection. Dude can bench press 600 lbs and is surprisingly quick for a guy who is so heavy. He's going to be a great player in the NFL and I would love to have him on my football team.
    Being a huge Alabama fan, I would love this pick, but I think he's a 2nd rounder at best...I know his size and his weight say he's a NT...But I've watched a few of his games from back in 2011, he was a monster at DE..If we get him, I think we should maybe try him out at that position also and DT and see where he is most productive....

    Wouldn't mind Jonathan Hankins also

  10. #25
    Raidersman321's Avatar
    Raidersman321 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,761
    Quote Originally Posted by KC. RAIDER View Post
    He's not Von Miller, he's not a finished product yet and maybe never will be as complete as a player as Miller is against both run and pass but few are. However, he is a good if not great prospect and in my opinion the best DE in this class. He is also versatile enough to play with his hand in the dirt and as an OLB in space as evidenced by his dropping into coverage against Bama and other teams.

    If you're just bent on trading down and gaining extra pics than I wouldn't trade down any further than I could get either of these players with...

    In no particular order:

    Ezekiel Ansah
    Johnathan Hankins
    Alex Okafor
    Jesse Williams
    Sheldon Richardson
    Alec Ogletree
    Also a pretty good leader....Type of leadership we need around here..I wouldn't be mad if we got him. Good solid run defender....

  11. #26
    RaiderAg's Avatar
    RaiderAg is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Posts
    5,416

    CBS' Dane Brugler weighs in on Damontre Moore

    Damontre Moore - Texas A&M Aggies - 2013 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

    Texas A&M DE Damontre Moore is not an elite prospect, according to CBS Sports' Dane Brugler.

    "Moore is a talented rusher with a relentless motor, but still needs a lot of work as a hand-on-ground defensive end," Brugler writes. The Aggie has experience as a pass rushing linebacker and defensive end in a four man front, so that tape versatility will help evaluators decide which position he fits best.

  12. #27
    Okie's Avatar
    Okie is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    7,730
    This has been my thought process Ag. Great potential but i see nothing elite or even worth a top 5 pick yet.

    Just my .02

  13. #28
    agular9's Avatar
    agular9 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,323
    Quote Originally Posted by raidersx127 View Post
    Trade down and then trade down again
    If its possible to trade down twice AND still get one of these 12 guys, not sure anyone would mind.

    Lotulelei DT
    Moore DE
    Jordan OLB/DE
    Jones OLB/DE
    Warmack OG
    Werner DE
    Joeckel LT
    Fisher LT
    Mingo DE
    Geno Smith QB
    Milliner CB
    Trufant CB

  14. #29
    RaiderAg's Avatar
    RaiderAg is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Posts
    5,416
    Quote Originally Posted by agular9 View Post
    If its possible to trade down twice AND still get one of these 12 guys, not sure anyone would mind.

    Lotulelei DT
    Moore DE
    Jordan OLB/DE
    Jones OLB/DE
    Warmack OG
    Werner DE
    Joeckel LT
    Fisher LT
    Mingo DE
    Geno Smith QB
    Milliner CB
    Trufant CB
    I think Trufant, Geno and Dion Jordan are possibilities.

  15. #30
    agular9's Avatar
    agular9 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,323
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderAg View Post
    I think Trufant, Geno and Dion Jordan are possibilities.
    Yeah I really like Jordan, but think his stock is rising way higher than expected. Whatever happens, im sure Raider fans will be excited after the first day of the draft.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •